My Crop King Purple Kush Grow Log

EventHorizon

08-03-purplekush.jpg

Monday was Veg Week 1 for my feminized Purple Kush plant from Crop King. I'll post all my progress right till the end on this forum so please feel free to leave feedback.

I'm growing this is Miracle Grow's Enriched Potting Mix under a 100w (500w equiv) 6500K 7500 lumen Sun God Komee 4U Blaster E27 CFL in my closet.

I'll try posting progress pics at least once a week.

4ublaster.JPG

^^ the light I'm using... a 500w equiv.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your Grow Log. Good luck to the best Grow Journal for the chance to win prizes. :)

haha right on! I'm not really doing it to win anything... more of just the chance to talk with fellow Crop King fans. However... I wouldn't mind adding some feminized White Widow to my collection... :) :p :love:

I should also add.... I currently have my lights set to 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. When I flower I'll change the bulb to a 125w 2100K 9500 lumen CFL for a 12/12 schedule.

hello ABud, that is a very nice plant. i like how u have trained her to be so bushy! did u do some combo of LST and or topping or do they grow like that on their own?

but being my first grow I cant really give much more insight

1st grow and you're already doing stuff like LST!? >.< Good job! I didn't even start topping my plants until a few grows in. That plant looks amazing. What kind of lights are you using?

I usually try to go for 5 colla flowers (tops) on my plants.

Oh and I have a question... what's it called when your plant is small and you not only top it but trim away a lot of the bottom growth? I've always called it a lollipop.

1st grow and you're already doing stuff like LST!? >.< Good job! I didn't even start topping my plants until a few grows in. That plant looks amazing. What kind of lights are you using?

I usually try to go for 5 colla flowers (tops) on my plants.

Oh and I have a question... what's it called when your plant is small and you not only top it but trim away a lot of the bottom growth? I've always called it a lollipop.

Yes its my first grow but i researched alot before starting. Im using a 600 hps. and yeah i refer to that as lollipopping also. Check my grow journal in my signiture if you want to check it out and have a chat - So we dont flood this post up too much :420:

08-08-purplekush.jpg

So first of all I have a new camera with a LOT better of resolution (I was using my cheap pre-paid phone before). I'm now taking photos using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" HD tablet. I've actually been considering doing a video but maybe later in the season or when I get a grow tent.

You can't really see it in the photo above because of the light but the 3rd node set is actually coming up already. I'll probably be topping her in another week and a half to 2 weeks.

08-10-purplekush.jpg

Today is week 2 of my feminized Purple Kush grow.. I moved her to a larger pot so that's why she looks so small compared to earlier pics. I started her on 1 drop of Schultz Liquid Plant Food per 500ml of water (so 2 drops per liter) and I'll work my way up 1 drop per watering. I just hope I didn't shock her during the transplant.

I'm leaving to go see my dad for a few days and will be back on Tuesday. All my lights are on timers so I'll just water them once more in the morning and they should be good till I get back. My Purple Kush will almost be ready to top on week 3 vegetative and I'll be starting a Crop King Feminized Auto-flowering Revolver grow log when I get back.

High EventHorizon from a fellow Albertan

Alberta. Where men are men and sheep are shy! :)

I'm wishing you luck but why in all that's Ganja did you choose Miracle Grow toxic waste soil for your grow? They are a horrible company with zero ethics, contaminated nutes, heavily invested in GMO and now the proud owners of General Hydro/Organics.

And that Shultz plant food is the same kind of contaminated junk made for flowers and shouldn't be used for anything you plan to eat or smoke.

I've seen so many grows fail using their products and read lab reports about the heavy metal contamination of their nutes. It doesn't look all that good either.

I'm using the ProMix HP for most of my plants in pots now using pH Perfect nutes and had real nice growth using the ProMix Organic Vegetable and Herb mix. The HP is chock full of coarse perlite where the other has very little but starts seeds and small plants great right out of the bag. When the plants started looking hungry I just repotted into bigger pots with some added perlite and nothing but RO water. Grew them to foot tall bushes on it alone so it would be a great base for organic growing too.

As you aren't trying to do an organic grow I implore you to step up your game with some real nutes and grow media for pot. I'm using the 2 part pH Perfect Sensi Grow for veg and the Connoisseur for flowering. The AN 3 - part pH Perfect is great stuff too and I grew a lot of pot since 2001 with the 3 - part before they made it pH Perfect. That tiny plant of yours could be scooped out and repotted into the veg and herb mix in that sized pot and really take off.

For under $100 you could get the 3- part nutes and a few bags of the veg and herb, (Canadian Tire), and grow a few $1000 or more worth of pot.

I've seen the ProMix HP in smaller bales than the 107L one in the pic. I bought 2 of those and will get more when I run out.

Pro_Mix_01.jpg
SensiConnie.jpg

I don't mean to come across as some sort of jerk and if this post offends you then by all means hit the report button and ask a mod to remove it. That won't offend me at all. I've just seen so many grows with what you are using go down in flames and hope that doesn't happen to you.

:passitleft:

L8r

I'm wishing you luck but why in all that's Ganja did you choose Miracle Grow toxic waste soil for your grow? They are a horrible company with zero ethics, contaminated nutes, heavily invested in GMO and now the proud owners of General Hydro/Organics.

Simply because I don't know where to buy it. The hydro shop here doesn't really sell soil stuff and my only other option is to go to the greenhouse about 10 minutes out of town, and I don't drive... whereas Walmart and Canadian Tire are just up the street.

Honestly I thought about ordering some Fox Farm off eBay in the future and using Canadian Wholesale Hydroponics for organic mixtures.

Now that Miracle Grow bought General Hydro they are supposed to be selling the General Organic line at Walmart soon. Likely the hyro nutes as well.

Closest hydro store for me is 2 hours away and don't carry AN nutes so I phone Andre at the All Seasons in Edmonton and get them sent up Canada Post. Very discrete with just a persons name for a return address instead of the stores. Good guy. Tell him what you want and he'll call you back with the total price. You go get a money order and fax the details or email before you mail it and he'll ship right away before he even gets the money order. Heavy stuff like soil I get at Canadian Tire or a garden center. Wish they had a website but he carries a lot of stuff there so likely has what you need. They do have a site I just found but it's very basic and you can't order off it.

I never order grow stuff online with ebay, paypal or any of that but as far as I know my land-line isn't tapped so phoning the store for goods doesn't freak me out. :)

L8r

Now that Miracle Grow bought General Hydro they are supposed to be selling the General Organic line at Walmart soon.

Is General Organic a GMO brand too?

The product itself isn't GMO but the company that owns Miracle Grow and lots more is heavily invested in companies that make GMOs.

The farmer that owns the field that my property is part of, was growing Roundup Ready canola the last 3 years and this year is growing wheat that isn't GMO but he was out a few days ago spraying Roundup on it to kill off any wheat that wasn't ripe yet so it can be harvested sooner. Many non-GMO crops get the same treatment for the same reason. Unless what you eat is certified organic then you're likely eating glysophate which is the active ingredient in Roundup and many other weed control products made by other companies since the patent on glysophate ran out years ago. Many types of weeds have become immune to roundup and become huge frankenweeds rendering millions of acres of good farm land useless in the states and anywhere it is regularly used. Don't worry tho, they're bringing Agent Orange back to take care of those pesky weeds. :bitingnails:

L8r

Back
Top Bottom