First Grow - Critical Super Silver Haze

budkandy

420 Member
Hi there! My name is budkandy. Have been around cannabis for a very long time and recently have been able to save enough money to grow, personal mainly since herb is painfully expensive and even more dreadfully not potent as I want it to be:)

I am growing a clone of a 10 week plant.
So far it is 3-4 weeks old and it seems to be growing vigorously.

My medium is 5 gallon DWC.

Nutes:

Sort of a lucas formula, using MaxiBloom(I adjust to whatever PPM i desire and try to study the plant as best as possible to see if its underfeeding or overfeeding, just using the formula as a sort of middle ground for me) avg about 6-7 grams per gallon. I usually only use about 4 gallons to incorporate the weight of the hydroton and the water level rising.

I use the following:
Botanics Hydro-Guard
Cal-Mag

I plan to buy H16 Fire and M.O.A.B. to use in conjunction with my current nutes.

I want to start learning how to mix Nutes, such as MKP and MAP to make my own mixes, but that is for my next grow or the one after perhaps, after I understand how to apply concepts, right now I think the MaxiBloom, cal-mag, fire and MOAB should suffice all the proper nutes since I am not looking for a massive grow but more, like I said, to enforce and apply techniques.

Lighting:
I am currently using 3-23watt CFLs.
For Flowering I will be using 300-450 watt HID MH\HPS lighting.

Types of stress I am doing/plan to do:
I have already Fimmed the plant once, waited about a week for it to recover and began LSTing about four days after FIMing.
I plan to have a circular LST, height is not an issue I have an 4x2x6.5 grow tent in my arsenal. Just looking to grow a decent amount to last me until next harvest, since I do consume about 5-7 grams a day of some pretty good quality herb mind you.

- I plan to super crop once I get a bigger circle going

Misc Things missed:
using a 6 in air disc from eco.
A 15 liter/min ActiveAqua pump in conjunction with 1-2 liter/min aquarium pump. All connected through a metal manifold that then leads to the Air Stone.

The plant went through a nute lockout for about three days when I first transplanted to the 5 gallon, I forgot to prewash my Hydroton and raised up my pH to 7. As soon as I noticed that I flushed it, moved it to a net cup and a quart sized mason jar for it to recover. I cut off any bad foliage.This was about a week ago.

My PPM of tap water is ~450-500, since this was my first bucket fill I do not plan to be using tap water. RO for the next fill up.

AVG pH is 5.6 for veg I plan to bump it up to around 5.9-6.1 once i start flowering, ill adjust accordingly to what I see.

I will take better pictures later tomorrow.

ANY input will be appreciated since I am still a newb, this is my first actual grow and have been studying off of SWIMs plant, and their plant was growing strong so I decided to buy a clipping, theyre not going in-depth as I am but they get by with their 3-part GH and boosters mix feeding schedule they currently have. I have also been reading grow journals, guides and forums for the past 4-6 years.
IMG_103518.JPG

IMG_103614.JPG

Wow Bud!!

You're doing a great job! First grow? What? You've got this like a champion! Very impressed with the training. Great idea to increase to HID for flowering. Love HID and I've had amazing results. So rest assured your light has you covered!

How's your temps and Relative Humidity? Good air movement?

Just want to poke ya with a few questions to break the ice. If you don't mind I'm going to sit in and watch you do your thing!

Welcome to 420! I think you'll fit right in!

Welcome to :420: BK. Looks good. I will pull up my chair and enjoy your grow. I like to snoop around journals. Never can have to much knowledge. Everything looks great and looks to be a good show. Thanks for joining and good luck.

Sounds like you have it under control. They look real good. I'm a first time grower as well. DWC system is pretty easy to use.
Let us know how you are doing, and if you have questions, Please ask. There are a lot of seasoned growers on this site.
Good Luck

Pigeons420:
Its my first actual grow, Ive done two other grows in soil (miracle-gro and outside dirt)
Minimal applications of anything, essentially just a plant in soil under cfls (130 watts if i remember correctly) harvested about 10-14 grams on each plant, harsh smoke, bad taste, no proper curing, etc. I only watered it as needed and it grew pretty well to my amazement, on its own.

But Ive been researching for years, I did not have proper equipment and I always was doubtful I can start it off right, especially Hydroponics, so I held off from growing for a while after the soil attempt.

My relative humidity is ~25-30 during day then ~35-40 at night, I live in A Desert, so I tried putting in a spot where humidity will stay decent. Im awaiting the tents arrival so I can move from my closet to the tent, I should be receiving it by next week or in two weeks.

I have one small 4" fan in there, and like i said i currently am using my closet so I always have a door open and my a/c is always on so I hope it gets decent airflow.

The waters temp is avg of 70-72 degrees F, I think I havent checked out the rez temp much, still need a thermometer for that. The avg room temp never goes above 80, sometimes it will drop to about 72 but theres nothing I can really do SWIM controls the a/c.

supergroomer: any reason as to watch out for the over nuteing?? specific for the strain? currently I know I am underfeeding it, but cause of my tap water, I dont want whatever is in there to mess much with the plant. I plan to use half RO and half tap , or maybe might just end up buying an RO filter altogether.
The CFLs are about 6 in away from the leaves, I think this will suffice for now until I get my plant to 5 weeks old, I will then start using about 150 watts worth of cfl, then 200 the week before flowering, then pretty much 300 watts till harvest.

Mtn Dew and pete2:
Hi and thank you Im glad yall will be following, same goes to groomer and penguin. I appreciate any and all input given to me with my grow, I want to improve and well Ill see what will happen in future grows. Any info I might have forgotten dont be hesitant to ask, I can not improve if you dont know what I am doing to the plant so I dont mind.
Can not wait to see what this plant has in store for me :Namaste:

Moar pictures!! I love pics hope yall do too
P.S. I upgraded my lighting system did not have anything to do last night so I went to Home Depot
IMG_105335.JPG
IMG_105238.JPG
IMG_105142.JPG
IMG_105033.JPG
IMG_105032.JPG
IMG_104928.JPG
IMG_104831.JPG
IMG_104726.JPG
IMG_104127.JPG
IMG_104226.JPG
IMG_104322.JPG
IMG_104624.JPG
IMG_104520.JPG
IMG_104520.JPG
IMG_104423.JPG

Nice start of a journal. I am growing super silver haze in dwc. My girls are 5 weeks above ground. I will sub to your journal so I can follow along. Hope all goes well!

Moar pictures!! I love pics hope yall do too
P.S. I upgraded my lighting system did not have anything to do last night so I went to Home Depot
IMG_105335.JPG
IMG_105238.JPG
IMG_105142.JPG
IMG_105033.JPG
IMG_105032.JPG
IMG_104928.JPG
IMG_104831.JPG
IMG_104726.JPG
IMG_104127.JPG
IMG_104226.JPG
IMG_104322.JPG
IMG_104624.JPG
IMG_104520.JPG
IMG_104520.JPG
IMG_104423.JPG

When I was growing with CFLs I made a "hood" out of Sheet metal duct pipe. Open it up, Flatten it out a bit and put 3 light fixtures on it. Each fixture got a "Y" adapter so It would hold 2 bulbs. Then for side lighting I got several lamps like this
LAmp4.jpg
and put the Y adapters in there with 2 bulbs each. I used 4 or 5 of those lamps around the sides for additional lighting. :peace:

When I was growing with CFLs I made a "hood" out of Sheet metal duct pipe. Open it up, Flatten it out a bit and put 3 light fixtures on it. Each fixture got a "Y" adapter so It would hold 2 bulbs. Then for side lighting I got several lamps like this
LAmp4.jpg
and put the Y adapters in there with 2 bulbs each. I used 4 or 5 of those lamps around the sides for additional lighting. :peace:

I do have a couple of y splitters and a few of those lamps, I do plan on using just currently I'm being lazy was up two hours cutting and fitting the pvc pipe and setting up the lights, I have a few light hanger (not sure what they're called ) that is supporting my setup

I have a question about LST, should i cut off the nodes that are growing down toward the hydroton, or should I LST them to where they are also sticking up, I was thinking about supercropping already, thoughts?? not too early?? I dont mind having a bit of a lengthy Veg to see it recover I want to practice as much in veg before I switch to flower, dont plan much of anything in flowering aside MOAB and letting it be.

PS can I FIM/TOP the new growths where the plant is forming new "auxins"? I think that is the proper terminology.

You can see where the three nodes are forming where I preformed the FIM.

IMG_107132.JPG
IMG_107032.JPG
IMG_106925.JPG

I have a question about LST, should i cut off the nodes that are growing down toward the hydroton, or should I LST them to where they are also sticking up, I was thinking about supercropping already, thoughts?? not too early?? I dont mind having a bit of a lengthy Veg to see it recover I want to practice as much in veg before I switch to flower, dont plan much of anything in flowering aside MOAB and letting it be.

PS can I FIM/TOP the new growths where the plant is forming new "auxins"? I think that is the proper terminology.

You can see where the three nodes are forming where I preformed the FIM.

IMG_107132.JPG
IMG_107032.JPG
IMG_106925.JPG

My opinion, if you are not "fluxing", "mainlining", "manafolding" or whatever you want to call it, then I would leave it alone. I will post a picture later of my WW that is really starting to bush out but is still super short. :peace:

Never heard of fluxing will try out on my next grow. I'm intrigued just reading lights article and I'm like oh shii

Back
Top Bottom