C99 & Iced Widow

SolMJ

Hello friends,

Started another grow last week, sprouted on Sunday 6th sept. Here's the setup;

strains: 2 x C99 (female seeds) & 2 x Iced Widow (female seeds).
area: open room.
lights: HID digital ballast 400w, 600w, 1000w.
bulb: Dual Spectrum.
Pots: Smart Pots 3gal (11Ltr).
Soil: Universal Potting Soil with some white biodegradable stuff as perlite.
Ventilation: 1 x 12" Portable A/C & a 16" fan.

According to my info these strains should flower in 8wks...I need to start 12/12 by Oct 11th which is about 5 wks from sprout. Any ideas on a training regime for max results in that space of time? was thinking to top em then fim em...

Will upload some pics shortly hopefully. Peace out!

:welcome:

re: C99 & Iced Widow

ooooh awesome, im growing c99 right now, only one seed I bought via pick n mix, mayb we can follow each others grow because I for one can not get a damn reply or anything on this site. Who are youre breeders??

re: C99 & Iced Widow

ooooh awesome, im growing c99 right now, only one seed I bought via pick n mix, mayb we can follow each others grow because I for one can not get a damn reply or anything on this site. Who are youre breeders??

Add your journal link to your signature in the user cp. You will get people(like me) who check other people's grows. Anytime you post, people will see the link. Good luck!
GB80

Top once and FIM till you have your tops would be the thing to do since you are limited on time. Good luck! I'm subbed.
GB80

Cheers guam, so you think I have time to top then fim? otherwise I would just fim em & hope for 4 cola's...

Thanks herby, waiting for your signature so I can check out your grow. My c99's are from 'female seeds'.

Day 8 from sprout.

Had major power cuts the first few days from sprout (great timing I know!) so they really stretched...

day8:
day812.JPG

my perlite:
my_perlie.JPG

Should only take a few days to grow out new tops, at the most a week. Then FIM and you could have as many tops as you can squeeze in to the time frame.

Im reading that topping needs a lot more time to recover, so maybe I should fim them twice instead if time allows?? have you fimmed before...do u pinch or cut em??

:thanks:

You know one of my pineapple express`s I had to top, I usually dont from seed only clones. This P.E grew in a way id never seen before in over 13-15 years of growing. It grew the first set of nodes correctly but on the second the 2 leaves on either side were fused together, so infact the plant wouldnt been able to grow anymore nodes without topping. Ive come across 3 leaves before but never a mutant with 2 leaves fused so theres no growth spout. I topped her and now shes in flower doing well. Id let them get atleast 3 nodes before topping, preferably 4/5. I find that if grown from seed anyway plants do very well without topping

I cut them. Cleaner in my opinion.
You don't want to top or FIM right now anyways. You still got a good week or two before you do. FIM is faster to regrow, so it might be in your best interest.
GB80
Thanks for the advice gb...ill probably fim them when ready & see what happens :blunt:

Can I ask what the polystyrene is for, is it a cheap way of doing perlite?

Yep it is indeed an alternative to perlite...I used it in my last grow & seemed OK so just stuck with it.

Day12. Was planning to FIM them today but I think maybe they're still young...should I wait for another set of leaves??

day12:
day129.JPG

:peace:

I cut them. Cleaner in my opinion.
You don't want to top or FIM right now anyways. You still got a good week or two before you do. FIM is faster to regrow, so it might be in your best interest.
GB80

Hey gb I know you said another wk or two but 3 of the plants have got 3 nodes I think...should I fim the growth after the 4th node?

There not quite ready yet, those bottom 2 leaves I usually take off, once theres 2-3 above. Wait until you got 3 clear nodes n then snip the growth at the top

Question about the pots, are you planning to leave those pots within those other pots?

There not quite ready yet, those bottom 2 leaves I usually take off, once theres 2-3 above. Wait until you got 3 clear nodes n then snip the growth at the top

Question about the pots, are you planning to leave those pots within those other pots?

Thanks herb, so I should wait until 3 clear nodes then remove the growth after that?? I get confused with nodes & sets of leaves! :) You read my mind, was reading up on pruning just now...will start it when they're ready. Do you mean once there's 4 or 5 sets of leaves I should remove the bottom 2 branches?? maybe better to start removing branches once they've recovered from fimming??

Regarding the 'party cups' in the pots yes I intend to leave them...unless its a bad idea of course. I used the same cups for my auto grows in order to encourage the roots to go down vertically ASAP.

Hey gb I know you said another wk or two but 3 of the plants have got 3 nodes I think...should I fim the growth after the 4th node?

You could do it now, but I would wait till they start packing on some size. Maybe one more week.... Really you could start your flower now and end up with a half oz to an oz per plant when they finish. But I'd remove them from the solo cups before your roots really grab hold. They will grow faster if they aren't root bound in the cups. So transplant them to give them the best opportunity to grow and in a week FIM the shit out of them. They look healthy so you're doing a good job so far:thumb:
GB80

Back
Top Bottom