BD's 2x300W LED Perpetual Garden

BudDrummer

Hello 420mag!
This will be my first grow journal on 420mag and my second grow so let's dive in. This grow journal will be a record of the multiple strains that come and go through the garden. I have big plans for the future :)

So at this time my garden has 5 beautiful green crack ladies that are 24 days into flower. They are under 2 old style mars hydro 100x3watt led grow lights. Lights are on from noon to midnight. I have 2 more green crack clones of unknown sex and 2 seedlings vegging right now. While the lights are off in the flowering room I have them under a 125w 6500k cfl. When lights come on I move the vegging plants and the cfl into the flower room. It's tedious moving them back and forth twice a day but I have really tall sativa phenos of the GC so I get a lot of penetration when I hang the cfl vertically underneath the canopy. I know it's only 125w but for the most part I make myself do it because I don't like to allow myself to be lazy. If that act of preventing laziness yields me even only 2 more grams, it will be completely worth it.

I will probably include updates on the GC as it is finishing but my real focus for this journal is the genetics we have lined up.
The GC is my first grow ever. I learned so much and am really excited to make a few tweaks to my system and see how the results stack up. So more info on the grow:

Medium: 1.Seeds and clones are started in Grodan cubes.
2.GC are in FFOF/Perlite ~60/40
3. The seedlings and clones were transplanted into solo cups with a mix of Fox farm ocean forest/Fox farm happy frog/Perlite ~33.3/33.3/33.3 I had heard good things about mixing them and was curious. I will be running this mix until I run out of the soil. I then want to try something like sunshine mix #4 or a large scale outdoor grower I just talked to recommended roots 707. Any input on these soils would be welcome.
Size pot: My GC girls are finishing in 2 gal smart pots. I intend to flower my next girls out in 5 gals.
Nutes: I am running the Lucas formula throughout the cycle except for flush. I started adding ROCK Resinator in week 3 of flower and I add 1tbsp of molasses per gal on regular feedings all the way to finish even through flush.

Let's talk genetics: the green crack is bag seed, not necessarily reputable genetics but it exhibits traits that resemble green crack from what I have read about the strain.
next we have the 2 seedlings. From a close friend of mine, He had some really dank bud. The first time was some really snowy resin covered purple bud with a faint sort of lavender smell. I got 1 seed from that. The other stuff was some really dank OG kush he had while we were all partying on his boat. I got one seed of that. So those are the 2 seedlings. I placed an order at Attitude seed bank last week. Pretty excited! Took advantage of some deals and got a bunch of freebies!

Here's the line up:
ordered 5x emerald triangle Auto lemon haze Fem
got all these for free:
2x emerald triangle "emerald Jack"
1xCH9 Seeds Black Widow x Blue Lemon Thai
1xCali Connection Seeds Jupiter Og
1xHumboldt Seed Organization Chocolate Mint OG
1xCali Connection Seeds Black Kush
1xWorld of Seeds AUTO Northern Lights x Big Bud
1xBlimBurn Seeds Grizzly Purple Kush

So that's the line up and I am so excited for some of these strains. Now I ordered these strains for a reason. I want to be able to veg long enough to make beautiful LSTed bonsai mothers but I don't want to wait that long for more bud. The solution is the auto flower strains. The lemon haze is 60 days from germ. I can keep the whole room in a veg light cycle after the GC get harvested, then I get a harvest while putting size on the mothers to be.

That's all for now. I will post some pictures tomorrow and we will get things under way. I'm excited to be here. I have lurked on a lot of really great growers on here and I hope I will get some love and attention from some professionals here. All advice, tips, and criticism are welcome.

Thanks,
BD

Some pictures from the garden!

20150927_133826.jpg

20150927_133815.jpg

20150927_133811.jpg

20150927_133808.jpg

20150927_133803.jpg

20150927_132235.jpg

20150927_132226.jpg

20150927_132220.jpg

20150927_132203.jpg

20150927_132151.jpg

20150927_132135.jpg

20150927_132115.jpg

Morning :420: :tokin:

Nice update today. Lots going on I might forget a thing or two. Focussssss!

1. Got a ton of goodies in the mail: Microscope(Trich pics will be attached), Bubble Hash bags, and My order from the 'TUUUDE bank.

I am super uber excited about the genetics we have on deck right now.
As of today the 5 GC girls are at day 30 flower. Looking to hopefully finish around day 50. So start to flush in roughly 6 days? :thumb:

I should have taken more recent pictures of the garden but I haven't really. So I will probably take some pictures today or tomorrow and post them. The GC look wonderful and frosty. The more sativa phenos have a sharper more citrus smell to them while the most indica looking pheno really shows much more of the purple sweet juicy smell. From what I have read there are a few lines of GC out there that will get a really nice purple hue to them late in flower. We shall see what lovely things come of the cold temps at night and the low humidity.

The seedlings are exploding with growth and SUPER tight nodes (3 per inch!). The clones are taking off. Anywhere they can grow new foliage they are. I super cropped the tops of both clones and they didn't even stop growing for even a second. By the time I got home from work they had already turned 90 degrees up from where I tied them down. There is a ton of internodal foliage exploding on the clones as well as really rapid top growth. I love it!

Now time for the trichome pics!

9500.jpg

8707.jpg

61004.jpg

51146.jpg

151001.jpg

41398.jpg

131028.jpg

121052.jpg

10588.jpg

Sorry for the up date not actually being so up to date :p
Pics of the clones and seedlings to come!

Okay my silent audience! More pictures!

Harvest time is getting close for the green crack girls. I super cropped the clones and began LSTing them.

20151004_230422.jpg

20151004_230413.jpg

20151004_230405.jpg

20151004_230358.jpg

20151004_230259.jpg

20151004_230251.jpg

20151004_230234.jpg

20151004_230216.jpg

20151004_230149.jpg

20151004_230142.jpg

20151004_230106.jpg

20151004_230101.jpg

20151004_230055.jpg

20151004_225953.jpg

20151004_225933.jpg

20151004_225853.jpg

20151004_225845.jpg

20151004_225824.jpg

20151004_225811.jpg

20151003_133525.jpg

20151003_133510.jpg

20151003_133438.jpg

20151003_131814.jpg

20151003_131800.jpg

20151003_131749.jpg

20151003_131734.jpg

20151003_131715.jpg

Thank for everyone stopping by to check out my grow!

Also the more mature seedling has a sort of permanent droop to her regardless of being freshly watered or dry. Any ideas on why? Is the just a strain trait perhaps? Not sure what strain she is particularly. Just got it out of some extremely dank and frosty purple bud. Something with a nice frosty lavendar color with a light aroma not a very heavy smell. The other seedling is some dank ass OG kush. :D

Starting flush for the green crack girls probably right around this thursday or whenever they dry out next. The indica pheno looks to be catching up to my oldest sativa pheno. She now has a lot more pistils that have darkened and shriveled. I will give the ladies a good examination under the microscope tonight to keep an eye on those trichs. I'm so stoked for my first harvest!

The indica pheno smells a lot more fruity where as the sativas are sharper with more citrus and fuel tones.

More updates to come!

Thanks for all that are tuning in!

Nice trich' pictures! What camera and microscope are you using? :thumb:

Hey, I had to stop and sub. Do yourself a favor and add a link to this journal in your signature. Makes it easier to find you. Not that you were hard to find since Major ran right over too. Thanks Major. :high-five:

You have some pretty little plants going here and those trichome shots shouted "HARVEST ME NOW!!!", but that's because I love a zippy, heady high. :laughtwo:

If you're taking those pictures with an iPhone or iPad you need to take them in landscape orientation to get them to load in right side up. That frustrated me for days in the beginning before anyone paid attention to the fact that I was there. See? In the beginning no one knew me either. That obviously changed, as it will for you BD.

I'm going to sit down over here and catch my breath and watch over your shoulder, if that's OK with you.

BD, the droopiness may indeed be a strain trait, because the leaves appear to be healthy. Not knowing the genetics it'd be nearly impossible to figure out. I've had plants do that and grow out of it eventually. You have no indicators that I can see of problems. Let it dry out completely, and I mean completely the next couple times. See if that helps. Not so completely that you kill the plant. :laughtwo:

Either you have a concern in your roots and it's going to show that in some other manner, or the plant will continue to grow healthy but droopy leaves. Wait it out.

Hey there, I am a space cadet flying by.
....love the trich pics. I like taking the close ups toooo:cheesygrinsmiley:
I Probably take to much close up pics.
Anywhichway, have a good day.:cheer:

That's not possible. LOL! Your close-ups are stunning.

Wow I'm feeling the love guys! :) more posts today in my journal than ever before! :)

Goodness! Do you think I'm really that close to harvest? Even with all the pistils that are still white? I'm tempted just to harvest one girl to try out but these buds haven't ripened much yet. I read a journal of a guy harvesting a couple man colas early just to find out his buds ripened and put on a lot of weight a week or two later. He guess he probably missed out on 10 or so grams. I would hate to do that but I would really love to harvest sooner! I might take down the one Indica pheno as it seems like that pheno is an early finisher (being dominantly indica and all) ;)

They are kinda small but an unplanned event cut their veg time drastically short. So next crop will be bigger hopefully.

Space cadets are always welcome!
Thank you all so much for the love! I will be checking out all of your grows!

And for the trich pictures, it's a cheap usb microscope that I got off Amazon. It looks real nice but truth is what you see is what you get. The pictures get saved in 640p so if you try to zoom in on a picture it looks pretty bad. But it was cheap abs it definitely works :)

I'll get the exact model when I get home.

Thanks for the help on the signature!
Small sad update. I have the LEDs on a timer but I manually remove the cfl from the grow room just before lights out. Well to my dismay, I got too baked and passed out. Woke up this morning at 4:45 (5 hours after lights out) and immediately realized the cfl was illuminating the closet while my LEDs and my girls were trying to sleep. I have come so far! We are at day 37 of flower and this is my first real mistake so far. Oh well, I'm reminded I'm human once more. :) so I'll be on nanner watch for the rest of the grow. We are so close to harvest, can't lose it now!

I have to say, while I understand enough light stress CAN cause hermies, I totally believe that hermies are far more a genetic trait.

I'll take some new pictures Sunday or something.
-BD

Hey friends! Just a real quick update! I know I have fallen behind, life is just so busy. The garden is doing amazingly and I have a lot of pictures to post. I am at work now but hopefully I will find time to post a full update with pictures later today.

I chopped the first of the green crack ladies yesterday. Proceeded to wash and hang her. I had cut a sample bud last week and let it sit in a jar for a week. The room mate and I smoked it yesterday. Oh my sweetness, the scent and taste are so dank like a blueberry lemonade. The high was phenomenal. Just what you would expect out of green crack. Very cerebral, uppy, energetic stone. I love it. Mind you this was just a test bud. It was from a lower branch, not fully rippened, not flushed, and not truly cured so I can't wait to try the real deal.

Prior to the chop I gave her really cold water and stuck her in the dark fit 48 hrs. So there are 4 GORGEOUS ladies left. This was the smallest plant. The others are looking phenomenal. I will probably be moving the next plant to be harvested into the dark tonight. The girl I chopped was the most indica pheno I had. The rest are tall leggy sativa phenos so I want to find the right balance between getting full size ripe buds while still not letting the trichs get too much Amber so I can really get that sativa stone.

As far as the veg garden, things are really taking off. Time flies. Yesterday was day 1 of week 5 for the clones and the seedlings. I have a total of 8 plants vegging now. I have 2 green crack cuttings that I am turning into bonsai mothers. I have a bag seed that I have named lavender and I bag seed of some really good OG which I have named StreetOG. I topped both of those after showing a 5th true node and turned the tops into clones. And the last 2 I germinated and planted this week. One is NL x Big Bud and the other is Grizzly purple kush. I will post pictures when I can!

Peace and LOVE!

I know I continue to postpone the picture posting but I don't have internet at home and the phone's just too slow so one I stop being so dam busy I'll definitely post more pictures. For now let's cover what's going on in the garden. So the green crack ladies that are finishing are the fruit of my first real grow. The India pheno we chopped on Monday is drying. I feel like I trimmed of too many of the lower bud sites and put them in the bubble hash pile so the yield from this first plant looks really embarrassing. I put my second plant to be chopped in the dark and gave it an ice cold flush two nights ago. I will be chopping that today after work. I'm excited because this plant is much bigger with huge buds so I won't feel so sheepish about my yields.
The bad news is I lost the grizzly purple kush seedling. I believe it was a combination of not planting it deep enough and taking it out of my humidity dome too soon. The good news is I just popped a lemon haze seed in a wet paper towel to take it's place. The clones from the streetOG and the lavender are doing phenomenal. You can see they are rooting super quick as the base of the stem widens into the cube and takes on a little white and red color.

I've got an insane week coming up so I'll definitely try to post pictures before the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom