Rifleman's - Multi-Strain Auto Grow - 600W - Hydro

What strain is it?
One Bubble Kush Auto(BK) from Royal Queen Seeds.(I've grown before, see journal in sig)
Two Quick One Auto(Q1 and Q2) from Royal Queen Seeds.
One Sweet Tooth Auto(ST) from Barneys Farm Seeds.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
All Hybrids.
BK is 10% Sativa, 55% Indica, 35% Ruderalis.
Q1/Q2 are 10% Sativa, 60% Indica, 30% Ruderalis.
ST is an unknown Indica/Ruderalis Hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg.

If in Veg... For how long?
Just started.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor. 5x10x8 Tent.

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro.

Size of light?
1000w HPS(new), running at 60% or 600w.

Is it aircooled?
Yes. Shielded hood, 6" inline fan.

Temp of Room?
76F

RH of Room?
56%

PH of res?

Any Pests?
None.

Type and strength of ferts/supplements used?
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect M,G,B and Hydroguard.

Bucket Size?
5 gallon.

Medium?
Hydroton. Fired clay pellets.

It's time to put away the toys of Summer and turn my hand back to cultivating. The info above is for a grow I've just started. Everything is going well so far. The tent got a good cleaning during the off season, and a 90 deg turn of the lamp to help spread the footprint. All four germinated within 18 hours of being placed in my patent pending paper towel/hot dog tray germinating system, lol. I then placed them all into Rapid Rooter cubes and buried them in the hydroton. Pics and updates in a few days.
--
Peace, Rifleman

Spoiler Alert: All have a second set of true leaves. :winkyface:

As promised a photo of the new grow. The quick one plants are in the rear, the sweet tooth front left, and bubble kush front right. Q1 was the first to break ground by 12 hours, and also had a root through the basket by day three. I expect her to strengthen up and stand tall in a few more days. Stay tuned for pics and a water change update in a few days.

Click photo to enlarge.

Here we are on day ten and everyone has a third node. Q1 also has roots though the basket into the water. Enjoy the pics and don't forget to click on them for a larger view.

Q1

Q2

ST

BK

Full view.

FYI, the light is set for 18/6 at a height of 22" above the top of the plants.

I loaded up the wagon and hitched the old mule to it today, then ran across the mountain to the garden, did a water change, added some nutes, and took a couple of pics. Now I don't have time to type out all my notes tonight, but I'll post those Monday when I have a chance. Until then I hope the pics I took will quench your thirst. Enjoy and check back Monday for the technical data.

Day 12

Water Change Notes

Day 12
All four plants started in buckets with 4.5 gallons with 3ml each of m,g,b, and 9ml Hydroguard.
After the change each bucket has 4 gallons water, 12ml m,g,b, and 9ml Hydroguard.
All four have roots through the basket into the nutrient solution.
All four have fourth node growth.
Light is 16" from top of the tallest plants.

Q1
5" Tall (stood up nicely after the water change)
PH out 6.0 @ 75.4deg
PPM out 257
PH in 5.9 w/ 4.5ml ph down
water ppm 164
PPM in 470
PPM nutrients (306)

Q2
3.25" Tall
PH out 5.9 @ 77.0deg
PPM out 270
PH in 5.8 w/ 4.75ml ph down
water ppm 164
PPM in 477
PPM nutrients (313)

ST
2.25" Tall
PH out 6.2 @ 76.2deg
PPM out 286
PH in 5.8 w/ 4.5ml ph down
water ppm 164
PPM in 486
PPM nutrients (322)

BK
5" Tall
PH out 6.0 @ 76.4deg
PPM out 264
PH in 5.9 w/ 4.5ml ph down
water ppm 164
PPM in 461
PPM nutrients (297)

If you're wondering about the differences in ppm readings it is because I measure my nutrients with hand droppers. There will be a variance in anything I measure +/- a little red bud hair. Advice and questions are always welcome.

Took a look at the girls this evening. They are thriving! Raised the light to 21" above the tallest plant. I am leaving in the morning and won't be back until Sunday. Fingers crossed that auto pilot mode works as well when I'm not around fretting and hand wringing over them. Sunday will be a water change day after I get back to town, so look for more data and pics sometime late Sunday or early Monday. Took measurements tonight as well. BK is acting just like the heavy 11zip monster from my first grow, adding height right before my eyes it seems. All four plants have sixth node growth on day 16. Measurements and gains listed below. Will see y'all Sunday. Peace !

Q1 gained 1.5" now 6.5" tall

Q2 gained 1.75" now 5" tall

ST gained .75" now 3" tall <~~~runt

BK gained 2.5" now 7.5" tall

All height gains were over a four day period.

How often do you change out your water completely as opposed to topping off with plain H2O? Do you keep 4 gallons in each bucket for the whole grow or reduce to about half once there's a huge mass of roots? Thanks and can't wait to see the end of your journal!

How often do you change out your water completely as opposed to topping off with plain H2O? Do you keep 4 gallons in each bucket for the whole grow or reduce to about half once there's a huge mass of roots? Thanks and can't wait to see the end of your journal!

I do water changes every seven days, and I use 4 gallons each time until harvest since the root mass has reached the water. I will top off usually if they get down 3 qts. If you look back to my first journal you will see that at one point my BK monster was drinking almost a gallon a day. IIRC at peak it was five gallons plus per week. Sorry but I'm too lazy to go back and get the exact data, but it's there if you want to have a look. Hope you enjoy this week's update.

....I am leaving in the morning and won't be back until Sunday. Fingers crossed that auto pilot mode works as well when I'm not around fretting and hand wringing over them....

Yeap I'm a dingus and quoting myself but....HOLY DINGUS!! My last look at the girls was about six pm on Oct 14. At six pm today I almost crapped myself when I went into the tent. What a difference four days make. Today is day twenty, girly parts are showing, and the stretch is kicking in. (wait until you see the pics) :thedoubletake: There is a little damage to a few leaves, most notably on Q1, on the leaf directly above the blue tape. I am going on the assumption that it is from a little PH fluctuation. If anyone else has a opinion on it please feel free to speak up. One can't learn if one doesn't know they are ignorant. LOL Note kiddos~~~> Even with the A.N. PH Perfect nutrients there is quite a bit of PH swing when doing DWC in five gallon buckets. As the grow precedes there will come a day where I check PH EVERY day. Enjoy the update and remember the pics are linked to larger images. Peace.
--
Rifleman

Q1
Grew 5.5" is now 10.5" tall
Drank 3 quarts
PH out 6.7 @ 70.8deg
PPM out 475
Water ppm 182
Total PPM in 634
PPM nutrients (452)

Q2
Grew 6.25" is now 9.5" tall
Drank 2.5 quarts
PH out 6.1 @ 72.3deg
PPM out 464
Water ppm 164
Total PPM in 648
PPM nutrients (484)

ST
Grew 2.75" is now 5" tall
Drank 1.5 quarts
PH out 6.4 @ 72.6deg
PPM out 463
Water ppm 175
Total PPM in 645
PPM nutrients (470)

BK
Grew 7.75" is now 12.75" tall
Drank 3 quarts
PH out 6.6 @ 73.0deg
PPM out 419
Water ppm 168
Total PPM in 629
PPM nutrients (461)

Full Grow

A quick peek at BK this morning. She gained another 1.25" overnight. She is a proud 14" today on day 21. I looked back over my notes for the last time I grew BK and unfortunately I wasn't keeping a lot of height measurements yet. However I did find where on day 18 the short pheno type was 10" and the taller was only 9". But by day 32 the shorter was only 12" and the taller 18.5". The last measurements I can find for them was 22.75" and 38" on day 46. I'm fairly sure that was their final heights. Using that as a guide, I'm hoping this is going to be a tall girl. BTW final jarred yield on that grow was 6.6 zips and 11.5 for the tall girl. I'll post some more pics in a few days. Peace Out.

A little early week measurement and water check. Enjoy.

Q1 - 12.5" - Down 1 qt - ph 6.4@77.1° - ppm 731

Q2 - 12.5" - Down 1 pt - ph 6.3@77.9° - ppm 721

ST - 7" - Down 1 pt - ph 6.4@77.° - ppm 719

BK - 16" - Down 1 qt - ph 6.4@77.0° - ppm 701

Full Grow View

A few more reference pics for when I run into problems. It's easier to post them here than have to hunt for them. If they help someone else now, or in the future, then that's a plus. Have a Happy Day everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom