Trying To Reveg From Bare Stem! I Have To Try

fanleaf

So, I recently just harvested my 1st grow. At the start of the grow I did not realize what a beauty of a plant I had. In a 1 month veg she grew to an astonishing size. She flowered in a relatively short period and under my LED's produced just over 7 ounces dry of sticky sweet tasting bud. You can check her out in the grow in my signature. I know now, I should have taken clones but I didn't. I know better now.

The breed is AK47
Soil= worn out FFOF
Light=Advanced LED's
Nutes=many but FF nutes were used through the growth of her previous life
Water=RO

So let's forget the crap that don't matter and get on with why we are here.

I have ONLY the bare stem left in the pot. I know, I know "No leaves=no photosynthesis" but from what I have read this has been done before. Chances are low but I'm all in.

The Goal is to reveg enough to get a few new stems growing and for 1 of them they will be sprayed with Tiresias mist to flip that branch male and get her to pollinate herself for fem seeds that will be 100% her genes.

If she does reveg and shows the ability for any new growth I will be amazed.
If I can get the reveg and flip sex of a branch and finish the goal I will be astonished.

From what I gather on the rare occasion that it works, it can work well but takes a few months starting with only the stem.

Tonight to start I put a p150 over the stem set on 24/0. There is no nutrition left in the soil right now so I think 1/4 veg nutes is in order when the pot dries a bit more.

I will put some stem pics up shortly.

I don't need to hear the "it will never work" stuff. It probably won't but I'm trying it anyways. If you have successfully done this please weigh in with any tips:thumb:

Here we go.............
IMG_054434.JPG
IMG_054628.JPG
IMG_054532.JPG

Here is what this fine lady gave me not including one of the colas taken off a day or 2 before this. Also not including the last (bottom 3rd) of her that wasn't chopped yet lol. This was mainly just the big colas.

IMG_054132.JPG

I could see it being possible. Many types of plants can sprout up from bare stems. One thing to pay attention to is -no foliage means no transpiration. I try to start a reveg when the soil/medium is already at the ideal moisture level. You won't have to water for a long time. Good luck!

I could see it being possible. Many types of plants can sprout up from bare stems. One thing to pay attention to is -no foliage means no transpiration. I try to start a reveg when the soil/medium is already at the ideal moisture level. You won't have to water for a long time. Good luck!

I went in the room just checking it out an hour ago and found something out.

Her heart is still beating!!!!! Through the 2 bigger bottom stems she is dripping a drop of water from the hollow stem at about 2 drips per minute.

I need to figure out if I should stop the dripping so some or more water can make it to the top stem branches??? I'm just not sure what to do here.

As a matter of fact if you look at the 3rd picture you can see her about to spill a drop.

That's a new one to me :). You could either dab on something to seal the cut, such as gardeners use when pruning trees (or a alternate home remedy discovered by googling), or let nature take it's course. Generally plants are very good at healing themselves.

Let it drip. I've seen stems pop out where there were none when revegging so you never know.

Even a 23w CFL is enough light to get it going if it's going to go but more light might work better.

I try to clone any unknown just in case.

L8r

Glad you guys made it here!

She was pumping out a few drops per minute last night and that made me afraid she would run the roots dry and kill em off so I did water late last night. 1 gallon of RO water with 1/4 strength BigBloom. Shes showing water at every cut stem right now and slowly leaking lol. I just hope she can stop the bleeding and make it eventually. My bitch is on life support!

Hell, If I'm gonna have a grow light on now may be the time for me to germinate an auto just for self pollination for seed production so the room isn't all taken up some other time when pollen could be a real issue. Whatcha think guys?:idea:

SUBBED!! I hope you pull this off. I've heard of plants coming back from the dead, only outdoors. Never heard of it happening indoors. This should be interesting. Count me in

Maybe you could graft a living branch from another plant onto one of the stems just to provide a means of photosynthesis and to keep the revegging plant alive until it sprouts a new shoot from the main stem.

Then rename the breed "Frankenstone" :)

SUBBED!! I hope you pull this off. I've heard of plants coming back from the dead, only outdoors. Never heard of it happening indoors. This should be interesting. Count me in

Yea, same here. Has me wondering if I should blast it with 1000W actual LED power for a bit but I don't want to make the stem need to perspire when it can't do it through leafs either lol. I have no idea how this will turn out.

From the purely curious,, I'm watching with interest I would love to see the old virgin come back !!

Yea, same here. Has me wondering if I should blast it with 1000W actual LED power for a bit but I don't want to make the stem need to perspire when it can't do it through leafs either lol. I have no idea how this will turn out.

Fanleaf,
If ya re-veggin, I don't really think it's necessary to run high wattage. During a normal veg folks can get away with cfls. If ya gotta run the lights, may as well drop a seed and get something fresh out there. For efficiency sake.

Fanleaf,
If ya re-veggin, I don't really think it's necessary to run high wattage. During a normal veg folks can get away with cfls. If ya gotta run the lights, may as well drop a seed and get something fresh out there. For efficiency sake.

That's kinda what I started thinkin today.

You pic Stage. Lets just do one of these to make seeds on a branch and harvest the rest of the plant. Lets do an auto. Your choice of:

Auto Seeds- Auto Candy Kush
or
Fast Buds - Crystal Meth Auto
or
Sweet Seeds- Sweet Dark Devil Auto

YOUR CHOICE! I have quite a few other autos on hand including Nirvana OG Kush, Heavyweight Fast and Vast, Sweet seeds Sweet Afghani delicious, Fast buds Girl Scout Cookies, Fast Buds Pineapple Express, Fast buds LSD-25 but I narrowed it down to the 3 at the top. From those 3 I don't care which.

Fan,
Honored that you handed me the reins. :Namaste:
I pick the candy kush with the dark devil coming as 2nd choice. I have no experience with any of the strains listed but I immediately ruled out choice #2. Hate the name.

Fan,
Honored that you handed me the reins. :Namaste:
I pick the candy kush with the dark devil coming as 2nd choice. I have no experience with any of the strains listed but I immediately ruled out choice #2. Hate the name.

Candy Kush it is....I'll start germinating tonight!

Back
Top Bottom