Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

glimmergrass

Glimmer's Second Grow!

This grow will be three contrasting auto strains I purchased from Herbies Seeds -- just popped the seeds in water tonight!

Humboldt Seed Organization's Blue Dream (hybrid), DinaFem's Amnesia XXL (sativa) and Sweet Seed's Dark Devil (indica)

Indoor grow in 40 in x 40 in x 78 in heavy duty grow tent
Medium: 75% coco coir 25% perlite in 3 gallon Smart Pots
Light: MarsHydro 96x5 reflector LED plus supplemental CFLs for better coverage
Fertilizer: GH regular nutes same as last grow

My goals for this grow:

Focus on giving plants best environment for growth
Top all plants, defoliate bottom third
Try bud building technique a few weeks before harvest
Increase yield from .5 gpw of first grow
Participate in the Dark Devil Community Grow Journal
Learn what they have to teach me as I attempt to become a better grower

Humbodt Seed Organizations' Blue Dream
blue-dream-auto.jpg

Sex: feminized autoflowering
Genotype: 70% Sativa / 30% Indica
Cross: Blue Dream x Ruderalis
Indoor flowering period: 70-75 days (from seed to finish)
Indoor yield: 30-75 g/plant
THC: 13%

Blue Dream Auto cannabis seeds by Humboldt Seeds Organization belong to a feminized autoflowering Sativa/Indica/Ruderalis cannabis strain derived from the cross between a Blue Dream and a Ruderalis. It is a great strain that enables Blue Dream lovers to obtain fast crops.

Blue Dream Auto is simply the fast version of the renowned marijuana strain by HSO, Blue Dream. It is an outstanding, fast-flowering, easy-to-grow, hardy plant that produces high yields of delicious, elongated buds covered in resin. Due to its numerous, complex qualities, it is one of HSO's favourite autos.

Producing fast crops indoors and going unnoticed outdoors, Blue Dream Auto is suitable for growers of all levels. It is recommended to add 30% of coco to the soil mix and to water it frequently but in small amounts.

Blue Dream Auto has deep flavour and aroma, with notes of blueberries, Haze, pine, incense and spices. The long-lasting effect is powerful, physical and cerebral. It is the perfect choice for having a good time with your friends.

DinaFem's Amnesia XXL
Autodinafem-Amnesia_XXL_Autoflowering-02-4238_product_gallery.jpg

Sex: feminized autoflowering
Genotype: Sativa dominant
Cross: Original Amnesia x Ruderalis
Indoor flowering period: 75-90 days
Indoor yield : 450-500 g/m2
Height: 75-170 cm
THC: high

Amnesia XXL Auto by Dinafem Seeds is a feminized autoflowering Sativa-dominant cannabis strain that comes from the cross between a Original Amnesia and a Ruderalis. The result is a high-quality cannabis seed that will be welcomed with open arms by Sativa lovers and with which to obtain quality bumper crops in a fast way.

This cannabis seed is the Auto version of the Original Amnesia. It is a wonderful, fast-flowering, easy-to-grow, medium-sized, hardy marijuana plant that yields good amounts of heavy compact buds covered in resin. This cannabis strain produces fast abundant crops indoors and can be harvested several times per year outdoors if the photoperiod of the area allows to do so.

It is recommended to add 30% of coco to the soil to improve oxygenation and to speed up the assimilation and transformation processes. A moderate supply of nutrients will enhance the taste and aromatic properties of the end product.

Its flavour and aroma are deep and complex, with clear notes of lemon, Haze, incense and pine. The long-lasting effect is powerful and rather cerebral. It is the perfect cannabis strain to share good moments with friends.

Sweet Seed's Dark Devil Auto

sweet-dark-devil-autoflowering-feminised-seeds_500.jpg

100% Autoflowering
Indoor Yield: 400-600gr/m2
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest: 8½ weeks after germination
Height: 80-130cm

100% Autoflowering strain. This is the result of the hybridization between one of our most appreciated autoflowering genetics - Big Devil XL - and an exotic autoflowering strain with purple flowers, developed with the collaboration of the R + D department. The purple characteristic of this strain is inherited from its ancestors from the Chitral region in the Pakistani Hindu Kush, very close to Afghanistan. The purple genetics contribute for a faster flowering period, bringing new sweet aromas and purple colours to our Big Devil XL. Dark Devil shows a strong hybrid vigour since germination. Plants grow with the appearance of Indica-Sativa hybrids with a strong main stem and numerous side branches, finishing with a big main cola and multiple smaller buds on the side branches. Resin production is abundant in the flowers and in their surrounding leaves. Sweet and fruity aroma with hints of incense and delightful citrus tones. During flowering, around 80% of the plants acquire purple or reddish tones in the buds and some of them even develop purple leaves too. After harvested and dried the buds gain a very dark purple tone, almost black.

Welcome!
:welcome:

re: Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

2nd!

Can't wait for the excitement!

You going to blow our socks off again? :rofl:

:nomo:

Can't wait to see the Blue Dream!! :goof:

re: Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

2nd!

Can't wait for the excitement!

You going to blow our socks off again? :rofl:

:nomo:

Can't wait to see the Blue Dream!! :goof:

My dear, you're so sweet :) I can't wait to try these different strains -- gonna top them all, I think, although sometimes I think just about letting them be all apical and shit :)

The seeds have sunk (except for the Blue Dream) so it's time to set up the two saucers with incubating light bulb and go to town!

GG so you let them sit in a glass of water till the sink & then into paper towel method or straight into coco?

Yeah, glass of water overnight, then into damp paper towels between two plates under a light bulb until they sprout. Then I'll plant them right into their final 3 gallon smart pots in coco and perlite. Fingers crossed!

subbed glimmer im along for the ride help out all i can;).great selection of autos and love the goals u have set for this grow .u are going to do very well;) like the layout of this new journel all info and seed info all layed out clearly. top job.and best of luck to u and ur fella on this grow;)happy growing every1;)

GG,
I'm subbed:popcorn:

subbed glimmer im along for the ride help out all i can;).great selection of autos and love the goals u have set for this grow .u are going to do very well;) like the layout of this new journel all info and seed info all layed out clearly. top job.and best of luck to u and ur fella on this grow;)happy growing every1;)

Hey, beast! I'm so pumped you're here! Thank you!

I put each of the three seeds in an individual piece of paper towel, labeled and in alphabetical order (glad I did that - my labelling ran :)) The Amnesia popped its tap root overnight -- such a vigorous seed! Really raring to go! Nothing from the Blue Dream or the Dark Devil before I left this morning, but this evening the BD has a small root and the DD is cracking so tomorrow morning I will put all three seeds into their final pots (thanks, beast, for that advice :))

Okay, questions:

1. Can I put the seedlings under my LEDs right away? I'd start the lights at least 36 inches away so as not to fry them. Or should I hang some 5000k CFLs?

2. Putting the seed right into the final pot makes sense to keep the plants from being shocked by transplanting. I know I want to encourage the roots to grow by making them seek water. Do I moisten the whole pot of coco and perlite before planting the seed? How do I water when I need to -- just the area right around the seed? Or do I water the whole pot?

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

Okay, questions:

1. Can I put the seedlings under my LEDs right away? I'd start the lights at least 36 inches away so as not to fry them. Or should I hang some 5000k CFLs?

2. Putting the seed right into the final pot makes sense to keep the plants from being shocked by transplanting. I know I want to encourage the roots to grow by making them seek water. Do I moisten the whole pot of coco and perlite before planting the seed? How do I water when I need to -- just the area right around the seed? Or do I water the whole pot?

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

I did the first ones under CFL and the last 3 under LED. I feel like the LED kept them from stretching as much as the CFL's did. I also had my LED way too close in the beginning, might be another reason it kept them so low.

I grew in soil and did not transplant I did a couple of waterings and added more soil to the empty pot to make sure everything was settled prior to putting the tap root in. The whole pot was slightly damp when I planted.

I try to water around the stem, going to the edge of the pot as well to ensure the water gets down through all areas.

I'm sure this is going to be another fantastic grow

Back
Top Bottom