THC Bomb - Mars Hydro II 400 LED

bitburger

So got a 70x70x160cm tent, with a Mars Hydro II 400 led. Perlite mixed Pagron soil in 14 liter squared pot. Using Hesi soil nutes. I have expanded clay balls as well on the top of the soil to promote root growth in the entire pot.

I finally felt comfortable enough (the grow itch got me again) to start growing again. Did 3 runs back in the day all hydro. Loved the whole experience and wanted to do it again. So with some pushing and help from a friend I started up again. I had 3 week old blue cheese's but found out the seeds I had were from hermis and was really annoyed finding out so late. So chop chop.

But fates a funny thing and this gorgeous 6 week old THC Bomb fell into my lap.

The back story. It was thought to have been auto THC Bomb, but was later found out there was a mix up in the ordering of the seeds. So they were actually normal feminised THC Bombs. This is why you dont order seeds stoned people lol.

After finding out, said person knew directly the amount of plants to space and light was not gonna work out. I swooped in like captin save a ho* and snagged this beauty up. Wanted two but to be honest my little setup would never fit two monsters like this comfortably.

So I got her with her main stem snapped back from the box she was put into. Supercropping anyone? So I taped her up, trimmed her back so the bud sites get light. And here we are.

I have had her for 4 days now, feed her per Hesi Soil guidelines for week one of flowering, and she took it like a champ. I knew getting into this she liked nutes and thats why even after the supercrop incident I knew to feed her heavy. Figured she'd need it. She is currently taking about 1.5 liters of water with the nutes, with about a 7% run off. Next time I'll make sure that run offs around 20%.

Lastly the reason I'm going dirt when I said I'm a hydro guy is due to the temps. The gear to keep the water heated plus the tent is just to much for me. But come summer, best bet were going hydro, or coco. Really digging what I see with coco.

Feed her some water yesterday, no nutes. Main cola has really started picking up steam since being supercropped.

IMAG11877.jpg

View image in gallery

Then a few more from where she came from.

Took the tape off to see how the snap healed, and as expected she looks fine. Had to trim her back a bit, some bud sites were just way to far to get any reasonable light. She was a week behind the rest of the crop and as you can see, she's stretched out a bit.

Feeding day, nothing special stuck with Hesi's soil plan. Snapped this few mintues before lights off, and shes fat and full. So thats why shes hanging.

Did notice I must have not turned her one day because I have dry spots on a few leafs that hang close to the heater. Need to be more ontop of that. Gonna paint a 1 and 2 on opposite sides of the pot and mark it down.

13 Days into flower

Feeding day as well over here. Nothing fancy per Hesi guidelines again. But instead of taking the pic with full spectrum only flower lights were used while snapping photos. Think I'm gonna do the same from now on. Failed to mention earlier, Mars Hydro II 900 full specturm usage, in a 120x120x200cm tent. 5 Thc Bombs.

So after all the stress shes gone under, and her current stank. Id say shes about 3 days into flowering now. She took the feeding just fine, and I plan to pump up on hesi, by 1/4 more. Shes always taken nutes just fine, even at heavy feedings. So I think shes a hungry girl. Especially with all Ive read on leds lately. No cal/mag issues as of yet, thankfully. Hesi suppose to provide everything so we shall see. But durning all the stress I didn't want to add anymore, and wind up with a hermi I was running from anyways.

My inline fan showed up today. Bought a nice little combo set, with the fan, filter, and tubing plus they threw a few clamps in with it. Had to wire up the fan but wasn't such a big deal. Installed in about 40 mintues. Got a electric programable timer that is programable down to the second. It is giving me the most grief. Friends showed up and we were dabbing, so my minds fried I suspect for the rest of the day. Friend also hooked me up with enough for about 3 dabs, and seeing as its Friday by me and I've already knocked a few beers down already I doubt I'll be figuring it out today. Sure I'll get to it tomorrow.

Friends a little fried as well so that update will wait for a few hours. Heres a few pics of mine. Switched to just bloom lights, and sure enough I enjoy the pictures more. Cola sure is filling out. About as round if not more then a soda can.

So the timer, is just to damn hard to use. Using an old style with 30 minute settings. Try that out and see how it goes. Probably gonna pick up an analog timer with more minute settings.

She looks very happy today, decided to take the pics in full spectrum. Come out better I think.

So ran into crows feet. Bought an inexpensive soil ph tester. Came back 6.0 ph so knew it was an overwatering issue. Thought I was better then that, but guess not.

Also swapped out the jet engine 120mm fans in my mars hydro led. Was rather straight forward, and now the only noise from my grow room is a regular fan thats about to get the axe next month. If stealth is your thing, I highly recommend the mod on the light. Its so easy and worth it. I have extra flow and 0 noise now. The Led is solid, the construction and attention to detail is mind blowing. Never seen anything like it at this price point. So kudos Mars Hydro.

Stopped by the other grow and here are some pictures, they are in full bloom now.

Hi bit.

Looking good.

Just came over some I read in your journal.
You said you switched to bloom setting and that is wrong with any switchable LED.
The switch is to use just veg or both for bloom, so bloom is full spectrum.

That snap is no problem if I sc in veg sometimes the steam is half open.

That T-Bomb is on my list if I buy seeds again they are always top photo or auto.

I tried it out only for taking pictures. Id switch it back on after. Thanks for looking out though, much appreciated.

Yea never supercropped before so it was an adventure, and healed right up after. Really like the growth above the snap after as well. Think I'll be doing this again next time.

I was thinking cherry bomb next time, but the other rooms still gonna be rocking THC Bomb still. Scrog I think, well have to see.

Had my timer get bumped and interupt my 12/12 cycle, so more like 14/10. So major setback day 2 of flower now. Not much to show looks like it did last time, just bushier.

Other garden is doing great. 3 weeks into flower and it shows.

Took a good look at her today, and no signs of any burning. Always nice. Did notice with this extra veg shes really plumped up. There are 10 bud sites before you reach the cola, and the cola is completely filled up. Hoping for plump buds.

Took her out of the tent as well to gauge how wide she has gotten. Measured her and shes damn near 30 inches across and 31 inches high. Never had plans for such a large plant. But I must admit shes a pretty thing. Cant wait till shes in full bloom.

Fed her yesterday. Decided to pump a little booster as well. Half strength from the guidelines. Dont see any burning. Gave her a major haircut to open up those bud sites. Also dropped the time to 13/11, shes really dragging her feet at the moment. Figured perhaps this will give her a kick in the arse hopefully. 8 days now since I switched the light. Looked around the tent no light leaks, so I'm not sure why its taking so long for her to switch over.

Will be posting an update from the other garden later today as well.

Back
Top Bottom