CBD: 2.10%
CBN: 0.17%
POTENTIAL YIELD: up to 500gr indoor/400gr outdoor
GENETICS: Blueberry X Purple Kush
STAGE: 3 Weeks into veg / indoor

Crown-Royale.jpg

SOIL: Canadian sphagnum pete moss soil w perlite & compost
POT SIZE: 1.32L
LIGHT: 400 Watt MH + 100 W CFL (2)23W bulb & (1) 54W 4foot tube for Veg I also have 2 400W HPS systems that i plan to use for flowering
COOLED: Running a duct fan at the top of cabinet and a small fan at intake
CABINET TEMPS: 23-29C
RH: LOW
PH OF MEDIUM: 6.5-6.8
PESTS: Just the neighbors
WATERING SCHEDULE: When top soil is dry
TYPE AND STRENGTH OF NUTRIENTS: General Hydroponics FloraNova one part nutrient Grow 7-4-10 @1.25ML/L
Outside_2.JPG
setup77.JPG
setupabovelight.JPG
1IMG_20151203_164550834_HDR.jpg
2IMG_20151204_091617949.jpg
4youngCrownRoyalseedling3.jpg
3youngCrownRoyalseedling.jpg
5IMG_20151217_243753770.jpg
6IMG_20151217_243822044.jpg
7CrownRoyalseedling.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling2.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling-2_5weeks2.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling3Weeks.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling3Weeks2.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling3WeeksMARY.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling3WeeksSHORTY.jpg
CrownRoyalseedling5.jpg

I need a little advice, my girls are looking sickly, they're droopy and their leaves are folding upward slightly like tacos or canoes. I think I have been giving them too much water (not watering too often but giving too much water when i do water them)
Recently i introduced the FLORANOVA 1 part food. I started at .75ML/L three days ago. Today I gave them 1.25ML/L and 1ml/L of NutriBoost. Just to be clear the sagging leaves and taco shapes started before I added the nutrients. I have since backed my (400W) light off a bit, moved my fan so that the leaves have less air contact and as mentioned prior I have started feeding them. Any tips are greatly appreciated. What must I do to straighten my babies out? They're nice and green just very rigid and folding upward and drooping down. Also should these be quite a bit larger for three weeks? My friend has the same strain in a VERY different setup and his are quite a bit bigger. THE LAST SEVEN PICTURES ARE FROM TODAY (THERE ARE THREE DIFFERENT PLANTS)

I need a little advice, my girls are looking sickly, they're droopy and their leaves are folding upward slightly like tacos or canoes. I think I have been giving them too much water (not watering too often but giving too much water when i do water them)
Recently i introduced the FLORANOVA 1 part food. I started at .75ML/L three days ago. Today I gave them 1.25ML/L and 1ml/L of NutriBoost. Just to be clear the sagging leaves and taco shapes started before I added the nutrients. I have since backed my (400W) light off a bit, moved my fan so that the leaves have less air contact and as mentioned prior I have started feeding them. Any tips are greatly appreciated. What must I do to straighten my babies out? They're nice and green just very rigid and folding upward and drooping down. Also should these be quite a bit larger for three weeks? My friend has the same strain in a VERY different setup and his are quite a bit bigger. THE LAST SEVEN PICTURES ARE FROM TODAY (THERE ARE THREE DIFFERENT PLANTS)

Let me correct a major misconception you have. It is IMPOSSIBLE to give your plants too much water at one time. Anything in excess simply runs out of the bottom. It is actually correct to fill up your soil when you water, so that the soil could not possibly hold one more drop before it runs off.

The mistake being made is that you water too often. The bottom of your container, where the big tap roots reside, is never drying out, because before it does, you come along and give another carefully measured amount of water, once again raising the water table. Because your lower roots feel that they are in a flood, they are protecting themselves, and have started to shut down. This is why your plant is unable to get the lift it needs and the cause of your leaves drooping as they are.

Learn the lift method... quickly. It is not too late to save these plants, but if you keep doing what you are doing, they will continue to be stunted compared to your friend's grow, and soon you are going to start to see more severe problems develop as those roots die and possibly start to rot down at that swamp in the bottom of your containers.

Let me correct a major misconception you have. It is IMPOSSIBLE to give your plants too much water at one time. Anything in excess simply runs out of the bottom. It is actually correct to fill up your soil when you water, so that the soil could not possibly hold one more drop before it runs off.

The mistake being made is that you water too often. The bottom of your container, where the big tap roots reside, is never drying out, because before it does, you come along and give another carefully measured amount of water, once again raising the water table. Because your lower roots feel that they are in a flood, they are protecting themselves, and have started to shut down. This is why your plant is unable to get the lift it needs and the cause of your leaves drooping as they are.

Learn the lift method... quickly. It is not too late to save these plants, but if you keep doing what you are doing, they will continue to be stunted compared to your friend's grow, and soon you are going to start to see more severe problems develop as those roots die and possibly start to rot down at that swamp in the bottom of your containers.

Hey Emilya!
Thanks for getting back to me! Yes this all makes sense, they actually look a little better today. I will let them get nice and dry and will fill an empty pot with some of my soil for a dry weight comparison. I hope I can get them to bounce back.

Do you think I put them under the 400W MH too soon?

Hey Emilya!
Thanks for getting back to me! Yes this all makes sense, they actually look a little better today. I will let them get nice and dry and will fill an empty pot with some of my soil for a dry weight comparison. I hope I can get them to bounce back.

Do you think I put them under the 400W MH too soon?
no, I have run a 600w veg light before... no trouble, except when it came to paying the electric bill.

Get some good airflow in there to them so that they can take advantage of all that light and the nutes you gave them earlier.

The taco effect is them trying as hard as they can to throw off the extra water being siphoned up from the roots. Because the fan was making that easier, you saw maximum transpiration at that point.

Let me challenge an assumption... it's not so much that the containers dry out, because very little escapes as evaporation. The containers get dry because the plant uses the water. Water a container of soil with no plant in it and see... it takes forever to evaporate.

They are starting to perk up though... as the water table continues to drop, more and more of the strong lower roots are waking up again.

OK, quick update for the journal.
So yesterday I topped all three girls. I went to water them and I thought "maybe I'll wait one more night to let them really dry". This morning they had drooped a bit so I watered them and flushed the soil really well with ph balanced water. They're looking great! Also I can see roots at the bottom of my pot so I am going to be repotting them this weekend. What do you guys think?
image35702.jpg
image35703.jpg
image35701.jpg

CHEERS!
-Captain Howdy

Looking good brosef! Let us know how transplant goes

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead"

belay that transplant order captain... in the medic's view, it is not in the best interest of the crew.

MJ is a deep rooting plant... the first place those roots go is to the bottom, looking for their limits. I have seen week old seedling show roots out of a bottom hole, it is a myth that this is a sign to transplant.

Transplanting is done when it is clear that the buffer of soil we have put our plants in no longer can hold enough water to supply our girls for more than 24 hours. My rule on transplanting is that as soon as I see that my plants can drain their container in approximately 24 hours, or as soon as I see some leaf yellowing of the very lowest fans indicating contricted roots, that is when I transplant. Until I get to that point, my goal is to develop a solid rootball all throughout that container by restricting the space and teasing out the water. I wait to transplant until the plant tells me to do so, not as soon as I see a wayward root seeking oxygen.

belay that transplant order captain... in the medic's view, it is not in the best interest of the crew.
Will do,
I will delay the transplant until they're using their water daily. Great info Emilya! +REPS! :thanks:
I almost feel I should post another pic as they look INCREDIBLE at the moment. All the leaves have lifted right up! I'll get some up tomorrow or later tonight if I find some time.
:tokin: :roorrip: CHEERS! :roorrip: :tokin:

Hey 420! What's up!?
Like I said yesterday these ladies have come quite a long way since starting the journal. They seem to be responding to the topping quite well and have really perked up since I cut back on watering. CHECK EM OUT...
image35717.jpg
image35720.jpg
image35719.jpg
image35718.jpg

Also I have some FANTASTIC news... I have started germinating six more seeds. Five seeds are Dark Angel FEMINIZED (cheese X Jack Herer) from crop king seeds. And 1 bag seed from a bag of silver haze. Although the haze seed is a bag seed I have high hopes as I've been through several ounces of haze and this is the only seed I have come across (hopefully a Hermie daddy that snuck a few pollen shots in). Anyway... I will be adding the strain details once they pop up. They're in a cup of water now as I just picked them up today.
image35716.jpg

That's my update, any tips or comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

-Captain Howdy

Niiiice! Those plants are looking sharp, they have surely slipped the surly bonds of gravity and are standing at attention. That's good advice emilya I'm gonna heed that as well.

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead"

Ps high hopes on that dark angel looks like a dope strain cheese city!

Back
Top Bottom