Super Skunk

What strain is it? Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sensi Seeds - Super Skunk (5 regular seeds)

Taking the Skunk family back to its Afghani roots, Super Skunk adds flavour, weight and potency to the always-reliable Skunk #1. Despite being released three years after Shiva Skunk, Super Skunk qualifies as the first serious project to breed a next-level cannabis hybrid from the groundbreaking SK#1. Experimental Afghan-Skunk hybrids are featured in the very first Seed Bank catalogues and the breeding project aimed at finding the perfect Afghani genotype to match Skunk #1 goes back further still.

Throughout the Super Skunk project, Sensi breeders aimed to create a strain whose commercial potential, potency and hybrid vigour had never been seen before. Over the years, a large number of Afghani cultivars were crossed with both males and females of the true-breeding Skunk #1. Many wonderful plants were produced, though never with exactly the blend of qualities sought by the project. The achievements in cannabis hybridisation made in the late Eighties meant that the standards for professional ganja were steadily moving upwards which, naturally, raised the bar for what was expected from the Super Skunk program.

It was the expansion of the Sensi Seed Bank gene library at the end of that decade - in particular, the range of fresh Afghanica cultivars which became available to Sensi breeders — that made the current version of our Skunk-Afghani hybrid possible. In 1990, Super Skunk in its final form was released to great acclaim, picking up the mostly-Indica Cannabis Cup straight away.

Super Skunk's performance remains unchanged to this day, always living up to her super vigorous, super potent and super fragrant reputation. With just a little encouragement, females build colossal, crystalline colas indoors or in the greenhouse. Super Skunk bears the rare distinction of being one of the only cannabis strains that may require more experience to smoke than she does to grow!

Average height gain
Flowering: 45 - 50 days
Yield: Heavy Yield
80% Indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today at 11:20 A.M.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless mix.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 4" at first, then I'll transplant up to 2 gallon pots.

Size of lights? This will vary depending depending on open space, but CFL or fluorescent; maybe 250 watt Agrosun for veg (18/6) and 400 or 600 watt HPS for flower (11.5/12.5).

Is it aircooled? Yes.

Temp of Room/cab? around 80 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately one time a week each.

Type and strength of ferts used? To be determined.

The same order of seeds as this one left me with Skunk #1 auto (when I ordered Skunk #1), so I'll be watching these ones to make sure they didn't make the same mistake. I'll post pics when they pop up.

Super Skunk sounds awesome
I'm starting at almost the same time as you, good luck with your grow. would love to see some pics
:Namaste:

Subbed. I love super skunk

Hey, what's up everybody :) I just looked at Sensi Seeds website. Of their strains I've done G13 x Hash Plant, Jack Herer, and what I thought was Skunk #1 but turned out to be Skunk #1 auto. I didn't do well on the JH, and didn't like the auto. The G13 x Hash Plant was a nice plant.
Here's the first pic up. Only one of these is still bent and hasn't straightened up yet; the rest look like this:

0012689.JPG

best of green for 2016 :;):

To you too :) Sorry I haven't posted here in a bit. The plants are just at that stage where they don't change much, so when they get a few rows of leaves I'll post another pic. They're all doing okay so far.
I'll be putting them all 5 under a 250 watt full spectrum CFL soon, along with 3 or 4 GDP S1 seedlings I just started.

Sensi Seeds - Super Skunk (2 weeks and 1 day from seed):

0012711.JPG

I have to remember that the Skunk phenos run lighter green than most strains so I don't overfeed. Right around a week from now (before the first feeding) I like to look at that color and memorize it; I think it's what color I should aim at for health purposes. :thumb:

Well the unit these Super Skunk plants are in is cold now, and they've been sitting in wet soil for days. I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots of SSM#4 Advanced this morning to help that; they're pretty pale. Here's three of them (the third one is the worst one of them all):

0012731.JPG
0022643.JPG
0032544.JPG

They'll be okay as soon as they dry out, grow about a week, and then get a good feeding.

a those cold winter days, ever since i bought some heating mats for roots that problem seems to be solved... have a tube to heat the space but found out that the roots are more important to keep warm the plant itself can stand some cold:peace:

Thanks guys this 125 watt CFL is too weak for them I'll have a 250 watt one in a few days :thumb: They all look about like this still:

0052259.JPG

That's one of my worst shortcomings as a grower; too short of a veg and too low wattage of lights. More and more I'm seeing the price I'm paying in yield. Over the next year I should plan on revising one of my units to have a 400 watt MH running at 18/6.

Well I got that bigger CFL but things grew since then, so I decided to put all 5 of these Super Skunk plants under a 250 watt Agrosun (MH/HPS) set at 18/6 instead (front plants in pic):

0012751.JPG

They're out of the cold area they were in now; cool! Oops, I mean warm! :thumb:

looking pretty shrub like to me!

Subbed. Will be interesting to see how the sensi super skunk compares to the G13 Labs super skunk I have growing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom