Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

Yeatster

First grow here, aside from dropping some shi**y, brown weed, seed in some dirt and smoking a fistful of wet leaves, as a kid.

I have chosen autoflower due to my space constraint, and the fact, I will produce faster.:ganjamon: Also, seeing amazing finishes by Atrain & beast, especially. I also plan on topping (ty beast, for your journal).:thumb:

The energy I have encountered here, thus far, has been truly awesome! I have plans for the near future of upscaling but, for now, this is what I have.

GROW BOX: 2 3/4' X 2 3/4' X 4' (inside painted white)

FANS: exhaust fan, 4" (225 cfm) pulling, and a pc fan pushing through a DIY carbon filter, back, top left.
6" X 6" Fresh, intake filter, bottom right. 1pc fan inside (will be getting 1small oscillating fan)

LIGHTS: 150W LED (19 in. X 5 in.) & 96W, 2ft. 4 bulb, T5

MEDIUM: Pro mix BX Biofungicide & Perlite, 80/20 respectively.

POTS: 9"X 9", 10" tall, 3 gallon, bottom lined with cheesecloth.

NUTRIENTS: AN Bloom, Micro, Grow, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, also Gen. Organics, CaMag+ Calcium Magnesium

STRAIN: Jack Herer, auto flower (2).

BOX CONDITIONS: I have it dialed in around 80°, lights on. Humidity is very low, 25%ish, so I have hung wet dish towels on the walls and rh has increased to near 50%

I will undoubtedly need some guidance here, so any and all comments, concerns and criticism is encouged.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Peace.

IMG_20160118_183046124.jpg
IMG_20160118_183054953.jpg
IMG_20160118_183141884.jpg
IMG_20160118_183202530_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160118_183247149.jpg
IMG_20160118_183237426.jpg
IMG_20160118_183215972.jpg

SUBBED everything looks good :goodjob:

One suggestion i have would to keep your thermostat at canopy level so you know the temps at the top of your plants. Only saying this because I seen that it was on top of the led.

SUBBED everything looks good :goodjob:

One suggestion i have would to keep your thermostat at canopy level so you know the temps at the top of your plants. Only saying this because I seen that it was on top of the led.

i kind of just tossed the pots in there and snapped a quick pic. I definitely need to tidy up a bit too. Ty Spart, trying to iron this sig thing out.

I'm in.

One question. It looks like your carbon filter may be on the outside, if I am seeing it correctly. If it is, it would need to be relocated to the inside.

If it is outside, you will be cleaning the incoming air rather than the outgoing.

I apologize if I am seeing this incorrectly or if I am wrong, just thought I would speak up just in case.

Here you are! I've been looking for you, my friend!

Glad to see Spart and rtk got you hooked up with the signature thing. Now we'll all be able to stalk you here at home ... heh heh heh

Sweet set up. I love DIY. Can't wait to see your JH Auto grow -- are they the Crop King Seeds version or another breeder/seller? I've got some CKS JHs heading towards me as we speak so I will be taking notes!

Here you are! I've been looking for you, my friend!

Glad to see Spart and rtk got you hooked up with the signature thing. Now we'll all be able to stalk you here at home ... heh heh heh

Sweet set up. I love DIY. Can't wait to see your JH Auto grow -- are they the Crop King Seeds version or another breeder/seller? I've got some CKS JHs heading towards me as we speak so I will be taking notes!

Thanks for stopping by glimm. Yes, they are in fact, Crop King. Waiting for them to show signs of life.

I am already in the planning of a tent grow, I will keep my little box for seedlings/veg. I have to do some research on strains for meningioma shrinkage, mainly. I have plans of becoming a weed DR. lol

he could always have the air being forced threw the filter the other way might shorten the life of his fan a bit but completely acceptable either way. I was actually thinking of doing the same since my tent on top doesn't have enough room for both now I put my fan outside the tent and filter in but you could go fan blowing into filter with no problem
I'm in.

One question. It looks like your carbon filter may be on the outside, if I am seeing it correctly. If it is, it would need to be relocated to the inside.

If it is outside, you will be cleaning the incoming air rather than the outgoing.

I apologize if I am seeing this incorrectly or if I am wrong, just thought I would speak up just in case.

I'm in.

Schtiggy, the carbon filter is a DIY made from a 4" tomato can with activated carbon, screens and some pre filter material. there is a pc fan directly abut to the wall, inside. beyond that is the carbon, followed by a 4" to 6" duct reducer, then a 6" duct fan. So, it is, I guess, technically outside the box, taped really well, with gorilla tape. It seems to be working fine, although there isn't anything smelling to prove that theory. lol.
to be honest, I think I overlooked the fresh air filter, you may be referring to that, bottom right? I guess that it defeats the purpose of a scrubber(total noobie move). I would have never known hadn't I seen Sweetsue almost buy the same thing before someone caught it for her.
being stealthy isn't imparitive, i just liked the idea of making something myself.
if you have a resolution, i am all ears, or eyes, whatevs. ty ty ty

he could always have the air being forced threw the filter the other way might shorten the life of his fan a bit but completely acceptable either way. I was actually thinking of doing the same since my tent on top doesn't have enough room for both now I put my fan outside the tent and filter in but you could go fan blowing into filter with no problem

YES Spart! 2 fans. the duct fan needed help pulling, so I implemented the pc to push.

Back
Top Bottom