Mono's 12/12 From Seed - Test Grow

:welcome:

Hi Everyone, new year... New Start...

I've got some big plans coming over the next few months - After a discussion with Mrs Mono it was decided to do a quick test grow to see how a specific strain responds before using it as the guinea pig ;)

This is a quick 12/12 from seed under the 600 watt HPS, with a little sideline look at the ladies currently in veg.

Info

So, we are using Canna Coco as a medium, and Canna Nutrients for the plants. Feeding every day, twice a day early - mid flowering. 600 watt HPS on 12/12 for flowering and the 250 watt hps on 17/7 for veg. Both have dual spectrum bulbs.

Growing in 8 litre pots and 20 litre tubs this run.

Strains

Northern Lights x Blueberry - 100% Indica, supposed to finish in only 55 days of flowering. A very high yielding strain that's pest resistant but susceptible to mould issues late flowering. It's this strain I am most interested in and the main reason for a quick test grow

Bubas Gift - Another quick flowering, 100% indica strain but not as high yielding as the Northern Lights cross.

Afghani - Regular seeds (free from Herbies) Don't know much about this strain at all, other than the last time I grew it I couldn't induce flowering no matter how long the sat on 12/12.

Jack Herer - Sativa dominant medical strain. Hopefully this strain will provide some daytime medication for Mrs Monos arthritis.

Seeds were germinated over the course of a couple of days between Christmas and New Year, with them all showing their first set of true leaves by 02/01/2016 so we will call that day 1.

Once they showed true leaves they were split up. Two NL x Blueberry were moved to 12/12 under the 600 watt HPS, along with the Jack Herer. Bubas gift and the final NL x Blueberry were left under the 250 watt HPS.

Last week I decided to throw the two afghani in to germinate and go 12/12 from seed too.

:volcano-smiley:

18 days old, all of it spent under 12/12. We have still not got any sign of pre-flowers so maybe a week or so of growth before they start to stretch.

IMG_084228.JPG
IMG_084532.JPG
IMG_084431.JPG
IMG_084330.JPG

Great stuff bud....real glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing a 12/12 run.:goodluck:

Saves me doing research for when I hit 12/12 again too. :) Was thinking about vegging and training a VK towards the end of my next auto run so I get one big one and try a couple of other strains 12/12 from seed alongside it.....with the growth rates in NFT do I need to bother with veg when growing photos from seed or will they grow like autos and get big enough anyway?

:popcorn:.....subbed.
Ahh..the eternal decision, 12/12 photos or autos. Let's do this.

:popcorn:

Looks great. I went ahead and dropped a seed into an old sock filled with coco and hung it up in my flower tent next to my big 3 Grape OGs. Its part of this contest to grow a plant with no veg time and limited to an 18oz solo cup's worth of medium. :)

That sounds like quite an interesting idea. The sock will act quite like an air or smart pot and do a bit of natural root pruning. Hope you see some good results from it bud ;)

Great stuff bud....real glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing a 12/12 run.:goodluck:

Saves me doing research for when I hit 12/12 again too. :) Was thinking about vegging and training a VK towards the end of my next auto run so I get one big one and try a couple of other strains 12/12 from seed alongside it.....with the growth rates in NFT do I need to bother with veg when growing photos from seed or will they grow like autos and get big enough anyway?

Aye, although it's not much of a decision if your lights off temps might end up at 10 degrees like some of my mates who are growing in garages, sheds or attics just now. Don't think that's such a worry for Mono though?

When I was growing in the attic it was a nightmare. Lights off temps were down to 7 - 8 degrees. Super stressed plants and massive internode spacing. Did make for some really nice colours though. I'm not too sure but I believe the minimum root temp should be around 18 degrees when using some form of medium, it might be slightly higher or lower with hydro.

If you go straight 12/12 from seed, the plant has to do a three week veg period anyway before stretching and flowering. The last few times going 12/12 from seed the yield was just the same if not more than the same plant vegged for three weeks.

During lights off my temps stay between 19.5 and 22.5 degrees C, a little more chance of mould during late flowering but the increased yield with tight node growth is worth it ;)

The main point of 12/12 from seed this run is to see how the NL x Blueberry reacts to feeding, stretching etc during flowering as there is another big plant in the works :)

I haven't grown it but the NL x BB is a superbly excellent smoke. I don't remember many particulars because it was several years ago, but I do remember liking it quite a bit and the fruity taste left on my lips after smoking.

That's really good to hear, thanks matey ;). From what I've read it's a very fast flowering, high yielding strain... Will be very happy if it turns out that way :)

I have done this quite a few times before. Interested in seeing the out-come with your strains. :passitleft::popcorn:

Seems it's a bit more popular than I thought, quite a few of you guys doing 12/12 from seed grows.

Here is a pic of a sativa that went 12/12 from seed in an old grow

image1434.jpeg

I'm in for this one for sure! One of :420:'s best growers + one of my favorite buds!

Who is the breeder on that NL x BB? I did one a couple years back and it was superb but I can't remember where I got it!

:thumb:
Bob

Thank you very much bud. If I remember rightly the breeder is world of seeds. I'm not too sure exactly what made this strain appealing, but the described yield and flowering time are certainly a bonus :)

Subbed mono ,keen as mustard
:):)
:high-five: welcome bud

:popcorn:.....subbed.
Ahh..the eternal decision, 12/12 photos or autos. Let's do this.

Congrats on your POTM and POTY buddy! What a plant that bubblegum was ;)

Autos... I gave up on them about a year ago once I realized they took about three weeks longer than even a sativa photo-period plant going 12/12 from seed :laughtwo: Some growers on here have had some fantastic results with auto's, I've grown to hate them haha

In veg, I have two plants...

One Northern Lights Blue, and Bubas Gift :thumb:

IMG_0848_1_.JPG

I'm really not too sure what to do with Bubas Gift, It's tempting to try another outdoor run this summer season, But i have a feeling she will be vegged a little longer before being put into the flowering tent,

The other Northern Light Blue on the other hand is going to become Mono's Monster 2.0 :):)

IMG_0849_1_.JPG

When I was growing in the attic it was a nightmare. Lights off temps were down to 7 - 8 degrees. Super stressed plants and massive internode spacing. Did make for some really nice colours though. I'm not too sure but I believe the minimum root temp should be around 18 degrees when using some form of medium, it might be slightly higher or lower with hydro.

If you go straight 12/12 from seed, the plant has to do a three week veg period anyway before stretching and flowering. The last few times going 12/12 from seed the yield was just the same if not more than the same plant vegged for three weeks.

During lights off my temps stay between 19.5 and 22.5 degrees C, a little more chance of mould during late flowering but the increased yield with tight node growth is worth it ;)

The main point of 12/12 from seed this run is to see how the NL x Blueberry reacts to feeding, stretching etc during flowering as there is another big plant in the works :)

Good stuff, thanks bud.

My current autos should be about 2 weeks quicker to finish than my last photo run when I gave them 2 weeks of 18/6 so not much in it time wise depending on how late the autos run lol. By the time I give 12/12 from seed a go I should have done 5 different auto strains and have a good baseline for yield and stuff.

I see you're off to a flying start! You just can't keep a good grower down.

Subbed, and keen to see what you pull out of the hat this grow.

Back
Top Bottom