Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Another outdoor grow of mine done LOS & High Brix style with constant Brix readings will feature these strains...

Ultra Dog F2 reg (private stock)
OG Kush fem (private stock)
Colombian Dog reg (private stock)
Ghost Train Haze fem (Rare Dankness)

seeds113.JPG
seeds311.JPG
seeds213.JPG

No, I didn't buy any seeds this year :smokin: They are either effect of my own pollination efforts or a gift from my buddies :smokin:

Seeds will be popped as soon as the temperature stabilizes a little bit more, and I get my favorite Italian inoculant. At the moment daily they are around low to high 50s (13-16°C), and providing there's no unexpected blizzard (no I'm joking there are no blizzards here) we should see first signs of spring weather very soon. Nightly they can still drop to low 30s (0°C) unfortunately, which is not a big concern, but I'd like to have some more daylight for the plants after I germinate the seeds which February provides enough of.

Seedlings will be started in 3rd run High Brix soil which was enriched a little bit with reused peat from my basil roots to boost microlife. I might top it lightly with compost once they break the ground, and then we'll just wait 4-5 weeks to outplant them in my secret spots directly in the ground.

high_brix_soil_3rd_run.JPG

You can join to ask questions, to look at pics or just to hang out, everybody's welcome :passitleft:

re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Hey con im ready to see some beautiful plants in the sun. Im going to do my first outdoor grow this year so ill probably just copy everything you do if thats okay :cheesygrinsmiley:. Nice pile of seeds.

re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Hey guys welcome and thx for joining this grow :thumb:

What is a land of drop bears, Johnny? Alaska? :smokin:

NF, you can definitely get cosy here if you're going outdoor. You're gonna find a lot of quick answers for the questions that keep growing in your head :laughtwo:

An Aussie, welcome man :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Thanks mate! You are indeed correct. Just coming up to the end of summer thankfully! My portable ac unit it on way too much atm. Not looking forward to my next power bill but it's the only way I can keep my tent under 32 Celsius atm... How is the weather in Italy? I was in Spain this time last year on a climbing trip and it was amazing!!:)

Well you know day temps are around 13-16°C with 80% RH cause it's the north so that never changes :cheesygrinsmiley: Days are getting longer though, and it's gonna be enough light very soon for the plants to thrive once I pop the seeds. It must be a hellish job to run an indoor grow with these summer temps by the way, I guess an A/C unit is in place.

Yikes! 80%RH?! Must be super awesome while they're veg'n. :) what does it drop to once they begin to flower?
Yah AC is essential if you want to have any chance at good quality in summer here. I have a 3KW portable vented directly into the tent and exhausted into the roof. Was 30 degrees today and I forgot to switch it on before work. Tent was at 35 when I got home. Switched it on an hour ago. It's s now at 26 and should get to 24! :)

Yikes! 80%RH?! Must be super awesome while they're veg'n. :) what does it drop to once they begin to flower?
Yah AC is essential if you want to have any chance at good quality in summer here. I have a 3KW portable vented directly into the tent and exhausted into the roof. Was 30 degrees today and I forgot to switch it on before work. Tent was at 35 when I got home. Switched it on an hour ago. It's s now at 26 and should get to 24! :)

Yeah humidity is very high in my parts throughout the fall and the winter! Later on it usually goes down to 60-70%, and it stays like that till October when it goes up again. So both vegging and flowering happens in these conditions. Sativas love it and most hybrids I grew do just fine. Still I get heatwaves later on which limits the transpiration and cooks roots. However I learned to cope with it by mulching and inoculating with mycorrhizae when I germinate seeds.

So in the end you manage to bring your temps down to optimal level, good job :thumb:

First Page! Can't miss this. Hi Conradino!

You're welcome man. Hope you're gonna have fun again!

Guess I'll pull up a chair. Up early I see. Outdoor girls aren't even a twinkle in Daddies eye yet around here. I hope for a good crop for ya, my friend. It's another year isn't it? Keepem Green

Oh yeah another promising year this time no pollination intended everything will be grown sensi. I have more seeds that I could possibly handle but that's never bad news, I'll be popping few very soon. I hope to finish with around 40-50 plants this year :tommy::passitleft:

It don't take much to really get a ton of seed. Scary thought,,,,,,,,,, soon peoples are going to be growing hemp everywhere. Crop's a big player in the fiber industries. And the mass of weight for seed uses. Ton's and ton's of seeds. Just nags my ear that each of them seeds started as a ''grain of pollen''. Them late summer early fall, the country breezes are going to be carrying more than cool air. Food for thought. Hey I'm going to post something here first while I babble about rouge pollen. 'Listening to ELP Brain Salad Surgery' Let me look'
Duh never mind was a plant that didn't pollinate???? Now I know the breeders, first rate outfit. And he's got alot of unique strains. Alot that wood fair great over there. Do a read. I've been to all part's of his 'local' grow but grows alot out in the grape vines...... Add afew days to the flowering times. He teaches Organic Gardening at Portland State. Oh here'
Exclusive Breeds | Gro4Me
Keepem Green

Yeah I remember the breeder, he's the local one isn't he. I think breeding cannabis for microclimates has a great future actually. Yeah I have to side with you bro about the power of the pollen. Off this male I cut most of the branches last year before he dropped the pollen let him go a week or 10 days and I still finished with 5 thou of seeds or more (hard to count them really). Experience which is necessary I guess for everybody who grows weed seriously. I'd have left one branch if I knew, but it's all good cause I'll have big F2 population to grow of world class variety in the future. I want to go to F3 with it at least. Very potent creeper indica dominant stuff with overwhelming zip and in the last 2 weeks it got even stronger :tokin:

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Finally I can move forward, I've just got my supplies: 16 lbs of lithothamnium, mycorrhizal inoculant and bioinsecticide (Bacillus thuringiensis Kurstaki), cause I'm not giving bud worms a chance this time :party::smokin:

IMG_320210.JPG

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Hey Con i need a little of advice please. I am putting a few outdoors. Should I be preparing the soil now or can it wait until i actually put the plants in the ground? How do you do it, and what do you add.

So it really depends on where you live, what latitude, what climate, what temps etc. In Italy it's really similar for all herbs and beans and hardier plants, you plant between mid February to early April, and you should prepare soil at least 4 weeks before but I think 6-8 is much better. Depending on the soil you use and I assume they're gonna go directly into ground you have to make sure there are no big roots of trees, bushes and shrubs around where you want to plant your weed. If there's grass for example, you should just turn it over prepare the hole and that's it. If it's heavy clay cutting it with some compost and organically made calcium carbonate will help a lot. If ground is soggy you should prepare a bed, and if there's too much organic matter, leaf mold and stuff you have to clean it well. Hope that helps, man :smokin:

Wow Con you really scored on seeds. I can see all kinds of volcanos in that bottle marked F2 AA. I wonder why your seeds are so high in volume of Female seeds. When I have made Regular seeds it been 1/4 Female seeds and 3/4 Males, it looks like you got a way higher percentage of female to males. Do you have any idea way, or did you just get lucky. Any way great job on the seeds. TTYL my friend.

Hey man! Glad to have you here! I know it's not science but last year I picked Grape Dogz like that and they indeed turned out females. I think that High Brix might have something to do with it but it's a long shot, maybe extremely hot summer last year did it or maybe I'm just lucky. Anyway I hope yours will give high female ratio!

Back
Top Bottom