Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

MagicJim

Creme de la Creme Photos: Sept 2016
Auto-flowering Stains

Samsara - Ultraviolet Auto - Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21%

G13 - Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22%

World of Seeds - Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Rudelaris x Santa Maria from Brazil

World of Seeds - Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis (This one has yet to break ground but I'm going to be optimistic)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long? Seedlings
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, Mars Hydro tent 3' 11" x 3' 11" x 6' 7"
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? My special - composed of Baccto Professional Grower's Mix, Calcitric Limestone, Azomite, Mykos, Perlite and EWC.
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon softies, 2.5 gallon
Size of light? Mars II LED 900 W, running both Grow and Bloom 18 hours on, 6 hours off
Is it aircooled? Internal fans only
Temp of Room/cab? ~ 80 F
RH of Room/cab? 40% - 62%
PH of media or res? Target 6.00
Any Pests ? None at the moment
How often are you watering? As needed

Sharing the tent with the autos are recently harvested Jack Herer and White Widow which are to be re-vegged. I have plenty of seeds for these two but I want to keep these alive as both are excellent phenos.

I decided to drop 5 seeds thinking I might get 4 to pop and that's what I got. My only experience with autos is the Sweet Seeds Dark Devil I grew last year and I had some difficulty with the germ process. I grew the DD in a 5 gallon softy and went 85 days. The root structure did not expand laterally to completely fill the pot so I decided to use primarily 2 1/2 gallon plastic for this grow and I had hoped that both the Pineapple Expresses would pop so I could experiment with 2 sizes of pots.

Seeds were germinated in Jiffy cubes under a dome in the dark sitting on a cable tv box, just about 80 F after spending 12 hours in plastic prescription bottles filled with distilled water. Seeds dropped Feb 2, inserted in Jiffy cube Feb 3, and popped today, Feb 6. The webbing was carefully removed from the cubes and all went into their forever pots. Only 1 root had pierced that webbing and was easily salvaged intact. I do not consider this a transplant for up potting as it is merely planting of a cube with a growing seedling in it.

IMG_28337.JPG

IMG_28349.JPG

IMG_28356.JPG

IMG_28368.JPG

IMG_284615.JPG

Count me in Jim. Yummy choices and all autos. Here we go. :slide: :love:

I'm subbed. Looks like some good bean choices! :thumb: :nomo: :popcorn:

I have 4 pints and 1 quart of buds in the vault and here I am trying to grow more.

Count me in Jim. Yummy choices and all autos. Here we go. :slide: :love:

I still want that Afghan Kush to come through. Although she could have gotten 3 more hour of light tonight, I just put her on top of the cable box again where she'll stay warm tonight.

Thanks for coming. I'll try to make this interesting. :yahoo::green_heart::yahoo:

Directed here from another journal. Just trying to follow the kool kids.
May the force be with you.

Glad to have you aboard. I strive to be child-like.

Kool Kids? Where are they? :peace:

Doesn't know us well....yet

Hey Jim, Just curious, any reason for doing Autos this grow?
I was thinking of it meself.

SweetSue sort of challenged me last year to grow Dark Devil. Potency and affect of this strain was very high on her list. Anyway, I got the seeds and she started the DD community grow thread. It was easy and I need easy. Atrain and thebeast27 were inspirational working with the autos. I spend much of my time just watching other amazing growers here and I learn from them. One of my strains, Sugar Mango, I watched grow over on Dennise's garden.

I do lots of things wrong. It proves that this cannabis plant we grow is strong as train smoke and produces even if our grows go astray at times.

So that's why the Auto grow. My experience is that they are fairly easy, and I believe that many breeders are able to get high potency. Breeders and growers are not immune to pride and want their operations and strains to be successful and recognized. That's all.

:passitleft:

Glad to have you aboard. I strive to be child-like.

Doesn't know us well....yet

SweetSue sort of challenged me last year to grow Dark Devil. Potency and affect of this strain was very high on her list. Anyway, I got the seeds and she started the DD community grow thread. It was easy and I need easy. Atrain and thebeast27 were inspirational working with the autos. I spend much of my time just watching other amazing growers here and I learn from them. One of my strains, Sugar Mango, I watched grow over on Dennise's garden.

I do lots of things wrong. It proves that this cannabis plant we grow is strong as train smoke and produces even if our grows go astray at times.

So that's why the Auto grow. My experience is that they are fairly easy, and I believe that many breeders are able to get high potency. Breeders and growers are not immune to pride and want their operations and strains to be successful and recognized. That's all.

Not an auto, but Sue got me to grow my Carnival. :) :peace:

Auto-flowering Stains

Ultraviolet Auto - Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21%
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22%
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Rudelaris x Santa Maria from Brazil
Afghan Kush Ryder - Indica. Afghan Kush and Ruderalis

What a way to start one's day....a brand new baby. I'm alive and the Afghan Kush Ryder broke ground this morning in the little Jiffy pellet. 100% germ rate for this grow and that's an accomplishment for me.

So here's the baby

IMG_285614.JPG

I'm going to trot down to Lowe's and grab another of those blue pots so I'll have some pot size consistency. Have a great day folks. Share the love :love:

It proves that this cannabis plant we grow is strong as train smoke and produces even if our grows go astray at times.

That is excellent. I am about to run out of stash. Mostly from scheduling constraints through the holidays and compound with environment issues. So i am trying to catch up. I grow for my wife and she has quality sources outside the home. And I want to say it nicely, but i dont want to bring 'street bought' back into our life.

Anywho.
My goal for this year is to have fun with the garden. Easy and no stress.

Happy wacky Tuesday. :goof:

Subbed up for my good buddy Magic Jim. Not much time on my hands at the moment, but I'll make time to follow along. Good luck Jim... Wait, you don't need luck, you're Magic Jim, just cast one of those magic spells on the plants, and they'll turn out just fine.:thumb:

Subbed up for my good buddy Magic Jim. Not much time on my hands at the moment, but I'll make time to follow along. Good luck Jim... Wait, you don't need luck, you're Magic Jim, just cast one of those magic spells on the plants, and they'll turn out just fine.:thumb:

Cy....so good to see you! and I have an abundance of time which I waste.

PEX in blue pot not doing well. She had the seed cap stuck, then cotyledons stuck and her true leaves are up-side-down trying to get light. I've had a CFL on her since yesterday. Yep...We'll see how strong PEX is. These plants amaze me.

Back
Top Bottom