VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Papageno

So to start with here is the list of requested info for the standard Journal.

What strain is it?
I am growing 5 strains this grow. White widow, Snow White, NY Power Diesel, AK48, unknown freebie with order
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Various
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Sprouting and the unknowns are clones from last grow
If in Veg... For how long? NA
If in Flower stage... For how long? NA
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Gorilla 5x5 Tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Base 1/3 modified Subcool compost, Top 2/3rds are a blend of Fox Farms Happy Frog , Perlite, Steer manure, Coco fiber + 2 worms per plant
If soil... What size pot? Various
Size of light? 1000W DE HPS, Plus a few Mars Hydro 300
Is it aircooled? NO!!!
Temp of Room/cab? Various
RH of Room/cab? Various
PH of media or res? TBD
Any Pests? Not yet
How often are you watering? When Needed
Type and strength of ferts used? I plan to use now standard nutes directly just my home made tea and Silica and Sugaree.

I do not plant to do a normal run. This will not be how I normally do things. I am on a search for a mother and will get these into bloom ASAP to sex them. I will clone these and rerun the clones to confirm the grow traits and choose after I have cured the first grow. I will do both grows in this journal if there are decent females found.

I am using a soil method I have never done. So this may take a few twists and turns before it is over.

Currently my grow space is finishing off a grow so I can not use it. I incorrectly timed the start of this grow but so be it I have been asked by lots of people to journal my next grow so here it is. I have the new stuff in the bathroom under a MARS hydro 300 for now which should be enough to get them through the next 2-3 weeks before my current grow is completed.

I have 2 clones from my current grow so I should have some guaranteed flowers at the end of the seed grow. It is an unknown freebie which came with an order. I put down 6 seeds in that grow. 2 were autos which finished long ago. 2 ended up being males. 1 of the females is a dud. So I have one female left which I SCROGed decently (33"x28") and is finishing off any day now.

When that one is done drying and ready for cure I will clean out the tent and transfer the plants for this journal into the tent. Then I will start really adding to this journal. That wont be for a few weeks but my seeds sprouted a few days ago so I figure I will get this journal started.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am actually a week into this grow and will add a few posts here in a bit of what has happened to get caught up as time allows.

I will post more details in a bit about the soil I am using and the equipment as well. I should have all the meaningful details posted in posts to come.

Thanks in advance for stopping by. I wish you luck in your grow!

:Namaste:

For some beginner eye candy here is what I have right now. I have clones of this plant for this next in this grow ready to go.

2 weeks into bloom it looked like this. and measure 33"x 28"...I would have gone larger but I had two males in the corners next to it and a female in the other corner that has never been healthy. It is probably amazing I got what I did out of it.

33x28.JPG

A few days back I took this

canopy48.JPG

The circled flower is this one

popcorn3.JPG

I found a few amber trics today so maybe in a few more days I can cut her down.

:welcome:

Equipment:

I am running a Gorilla grow tent 5x5. The main zipper failed almost immediately when I got it about a year ago. I have been growing in it very carefully and not opening it all the way ever since. If I didn't have a big ol DWC going at the time in bloom that was using it and had a place for it I would have sent it back for replacement but here I am a year later and it still is kicking.

I Have rather recently upgraded my main lighting to a top of the line Solistek adjustable ballast and a Gavita DE HPS bulb on a very nice Compact DE BOSS reflector.

filter_and_hood.jpg

I just added 2 mars Hydro 300 gen 1's I got off an auction site as they are just dirt cheap right now. So I am using one right now in the tent to help give some spectrum to finish bloom and one in the bathroom where the plants for this journal are waiting.

I have a 400CFM Phresh carbon Filter with a 400 CFM fan running on a speed controller. I use the speed controller to adjust the temps in the tent. Sometimes I run down the speed during the night cycle so as to increase the life of the filter and fan.

I have washable reusable filters I got at Home depot stuffed in the inlet vents.

filter29.JPG

And one vent is some extra hose I wrap around to prevent light getting in (the other one has the fan in front of it)

inlet.JPG

I have a Box Fan in front of the inlet vent to circulate the bottom air and help bring in air.

Box_Fan1.JPG

And I have 2 small circulating clip fans I place on the scrog or the tent frame depending on where I need them.

I think that is it... Let me know if you have any questions.

Soil:

I am trying, for my first time, Subcools compost method. I have done lots of various soil blends in the past and made my own compost but nothing quite as nice I think as Subcools. For those who don't know it is fairly hot and is intended to be used about 1/3rd of the pot at the bottom and the top 2/3rds are a normal soil blend. I am placing 2 worms in each container to help keep the medium alive but I probably wont need to as I plan to feed with my tea which is alive and I will explain that later. I may have used too much but whatever we shall see what happens.

2_worms.JPG

6 days ago I put seeds into water for a bit and then placed them in the starting containers.
I transplanted the clones into 7 gallon fabric pots 5 days ago.

Start10.JPG

Then I Trained down the clones. I had previously already topped the main stem.

After 2 days with the dome on I removed it. 5 of the 8 seeds came up on day 4 at the same time and are all the same height. 2 had seed husks still attached which I gently removed.

5_started.JPG

On day 6 I added some more water to the seeds as they were looking dry. I suspect the final 3 seeds are not going to come up. Unfortunately that leaves me with no AK48 for this round and only 1 NYPD.

Day 7 the clones are starting to rebound with some color. (I had them in some tough conditions to stunt them for a 2 months waiting for this current grow to end)

Day_720.JPG

So now they will just sit there for a few weeks waiting for my tent to finish the current grow.

I may not make any updates unless there is something to say until after I have cleaned out my tent and transferred everything down there.

Welcome...Thanks for the patience as this may not get much updating for a while, unless there are some questions. There really isn't much to say for a bit. When I relocate I will take some pics and when I transplant the seeds I will make a post.

I am documenting all my watering and feeding and will periodically post my feeding schedule.

I suspect this will be a boring journal. At least for a while. I am only making it due to excessive requests. I will try to post something at least once a week. I am on here helping others almost daily so I should be able to say something here once in a while.

:peace:

Oh yeah I failed to mention for the males I will be collecting pollen.

As for what I am finishing up she is an unknown freebie that came with my order. whenever you order from the place I do you get 10 free seeds and all of there stuff is top quality so it is just all good stuff. I have no idea what it is but looking through their catalog I was thinking maybe it is Raspberry Cough. It kinda makes sense because they advertise it as a medical strain and I figure most people get it backwards and think medical strain is not one that will get you very high so the end up with extras.

Anyway It is unknown but there are some flowers the are pus white with as you saw deep reddish purplish coloring as I let is get cold at night. with lights on it usually is in the upper 70's, it can get to the very low 80's but when I see that I run out and do something. With lights out it gets down into the 50's right now. It is a very sweet strain whatever it is so I will keep cloning that until I find something better.

Thanks for stopping by!

So I forgot to note this that I use river rocks to elevate the pot from the drip pan. This way I get the run off I need and know when the watering is done.

rocks1.JPG

I watered my clones with a real dose for the first time today. It included Sugaree and Silica and was pH'd to 6.5. I got a decent run off but that really doesn't matter yet as I did not add nutes. The sugaree is for the microbes to help them get going again as I let it dry out fairly good.

Not much to say about the sprouts.

sprouts_day7.JPG

yay...you did it...thank you!! this is going to be fun and i haven't even read any of it yet...:)

:thanks:

p.s., i just read what you've done, so far and i have a couple of questions...

setting the pot on river rocks is a great idea...i love rocks...not sure why.

so when you water, you let it drain onto the rocks and then you pour it off, right?
and you look for 25% runoff, or so, after you water, right?
and you always chase the tea or nutes with plain water, ph'd correctly, right?

just making sure that i'm retaining what you're trying to teach me...lol...

so when you water, you let it drain onto the rocks and then you pour it off, right?

Sometimes. depends on if I want it to evaporate in the tent for humidity or not. the point of the rocks is you can let the water sit there and it does not reabsorb unless you water a ton. In which case yes you pour it out. With good sized rocks and not many you can get a lot of run off.

and you look for 25% runoff, or so, after you water, right?

I usually look for about 10-15%...but that is really m,ore important for those adding nutes. I wont be adding much and when or if I do I will make sure the next time has good run off. The point of run off is to get leftovers that are pooling and turning into salts and causing problems in the very bottom to wash out. I have a compost and worms in there keeping everything happy and I am not adding extras. So I just need to keep the soil damp enough for the compost to work and the plant to absorb and I don't have to worry much about the rest. I wont be adding anything so I wont have anything to flush out. I will over water strictly for the point of getting a deep thorough watering. but I wont need a ton of run off unless I see a problem.

nd you always chase the tea or nutes with plain water, ph'd correctly, right?

Yes I chase the tea. I wont be adding nutes unless I see a problem. I may or may not chase nutes it all depends as that is something I am trying to avoid.

I am not doing exactly what you are so it isn't exactly the same.

:thumb:

So mini update...

I have seen in the past that some seeds like it warm and others don't. So even though I had 5 of eight come right up on time together I decided after a few more days to move the 3 that didn't into a cooler area. 1 of them came up today.

So now I have one more NYPD but still no AK48. too bad so sad.

My other plant keeps trucking along and under the microscope still looks not ready.

But here are some pics of her (taken through HPS glasses so a bit distorted) as some eye candy so ya know why this is taking so long...

2_23_frontal.JPG

2_23_purple2.JPG

2_23_purple.JPG

Yeah I just don't want to cut her down before her time. The new ones can veg forever...no big dealio I can grow them till they are the right size to bloom. But this one is my first soil grow in almost 10 years and I have put some love into this one (and I fucked her up big time too at one point) and I want to finish strong. I really stressed her hard and brought her back mid bloom so she could have been much better but not bad all in all. After she has cured that should last a few weeks right? :rofl:

Thanks bro... much love back at ya! :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom