Feral's 2016 Perpetual Garden - MH/HPS - Multi-Strain

Hello and welcome to my new journal, this will basically be a continuation of my current journal now that the main girls have finished, hope everyone gets themselves nice and comfy as i have some interesting strains coming up over the next few months, depending on how quick i get through these as theres more lol, I have a lot to cover so lets jump right in...

Plan of Attack:
My main plan for this grow is to have mothers growing in soil, i will take clones from these and when rooted will be transplanted into the 15L Nutrifield Pro Pot DWC for Veg, the netpot lids will then come out of the 15L and fit perfectly into a 27L Nutrifield Pro Pot with feeder ring for flower.

Vegetation Room Setup:
4x4 Mylar Grow tent (Veg)
400w Nanolux Digital Ballast
5" Air-Cooled Hood with 6" ducted exhaust (no filter)
2x Small Air circulation fans

ypj6Qbd.jpg

Flower Room Setup:
5x5 GroCell Tent
600w Nanolux OG Digital Ballast
8" Growlite OG Parabolic Air-Cooled Hood with steel reducers to adapt to the 6" ducted exhaust (with carbon filter)
6" ducted Intake fan and 2x small air circulation fans

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_166.png

Nutrients, Additives & Grow Media:
For Veg i will be using Dutch Master Gold One Grow, DM Gold Zone, DM Gold Silica along with ROCK Supergrowth, CannaZym, Rhizotonic (or equivalent) at different stages.
Flowering could become pretty interesting as i have a few different nute lines, AN, biocanna, dutchfest etc but for now i will cover my current mix, DM Gold A+B Flower, DM Gold Add.27 Flower, DM Gold Zone, DM Gold Silica.
Mothers will be in Canna Terra Pro Soil, either planted from seed or clone, when clones are taken they will be dipped in DM Gold Replicator then directly moved into my Platinum Super Cloner, once rooted the clones then get moved into the Nutrifield Pro Netpot lid (either 6" or 8") filled with Canna Aqua Clay Balls.
For my foliar feeds i will be using DM Gold Liquid Light mixed with DM Gold Saturator for veg and a weak rhizo/water mix for clones/seedlings.
As stated earlier i will be mainly sticking to the Nutrifield Pro Pot range for the DWC side of things and using regular pots for mothers, i plan on stunting them by keeping them in smaller pots, big enough to get clones from but not take over the tent :thumb:

Strains:
Bomb Seeds - Atomic (some places list this as "Atomic", others as "Atomic Bomb")
Starting with the current girl in flower, followed by hydro veg and soil veg I also have one in pollen/seed production.

Screenshot_284.png

Screenshot_290.png

Screenshot_288.png

We've gone Atomic with a truly superior strain that'll blow your mind. We combined a hand selected original US clone of the legendary Chemdawg with a hard hitting intensely flavored Kush from the Emerald Triangle. We then crossed this with our number one selling, award winning THC Bomb to create a truly knockout strain in every single way. Atomic has the brutal power of THC Bomb mixed with the classic Californian kush taste and stone.

Atomic's taste and smell is simply amazing and is sure to be a definite crowd pleaser. It mixes intense fuel and citrus aromas with hints of menthol and berries. The stone is outrageous, beginning with an immediate headrush, melting into a euphoric yet full bodied stone which is long lasting and very satisfying making it an ideal medical strain. Beginners be warned!!

This strain is fairly easy to grow and is of medium height. While not having quite the monster yields of THC Bomb it's still considered a high yielder. Buds will be large and plump with layers and layers of crystal upon crystal. Indoors flowering time can be as little as 8 weeks.

Our aim with Atomic was to create something extra special — a real knockout strain with a wonderful kush flavor and awe inspiring stone. We've exceeded our own high standards and we're sure you're going to love it!

Strain Hunters - Money Maker
This is what is left from my last journal, she has now gone into reveg about 2 weeks ago and definitely a strain i want to keep growing :)

Screenshot_289.png

GENETICS
Original Master Kush x Hindu Kush x Skunk (feminised)

HEIGHT
short plant (average internodal distance 5-7 cm)

FLOWERING INDOORS
8 weeks flowering time. Yield up to 1.0 gram (dry and manicured) per watt per m2 (with 1000W HPS).

FLOWERING Outdoors
8-9 weeks flowering time, with production up to 1Kg per plant depending on the final size.
Support for the branches is recommended.

TASTE (BURNED)
nutty, vegetal, spicy, fruity.

SCENT (UNBURNED)
berries, spices, kushy, roasted.

WHAT THE DRIED BUD/CRUMBLED BUD LOOKS LIKE
The dried buds small but very dense, with huge calyx clusters dripping with resin already after few weeks of flowering.
The crumbled bud is sticky, dark green, with black hues. Small, thin hairs.

SPEED OF HIGH ONSET
fast hitter.

DURATION OF HIGH
medium lasting.

QUALITY/TYPE OF HIGH
strong, physical, very intense on the legs, couch locking, meditative.

MEDICINAL QUALITIES
against insomnia, pain, lack of appetite.

DESCRIPTION
The Money Maker is a very old-school plant. A true Master Kush, High Times Cannabis Cup winner in the early 90s, presented in feminized form. 

Short, bushy, with very small internodes, it grows very fast and has an extremely vigorous attitude. 

The leaf shows some sativa heritage, but the buds are definitely full indica, with a berry-sweet aroma that turns rapidly into a very kushy, earthy feel.
The calyx is large, buds grow irregular in shape and tend 
to slight fox-tailing.
The Money Maker makes very compact, heavy flower clusters, and it has very low 
leaf-to-calyx ratio so manicuring is very easy. 

The Money Maker can take high nutrients levels, and grows very well in soil, coco, hydroponic or aeroponic systems.
It performs well indoors and outdoors, and is ideal for beginners as well as for advanced growers.

The smoke is very intense, with a berry flavor that gives space to very deep earthy, mossy notes, to end in a slight garlic feel.
The effect is round, thick, narcotic. It is couch-lock-bonanza, ideal for very relaxing nights, or very lazy days.
Medicinally very valuable for those with trouble sleeping, or intense pains.

Barneys Farm - Red Diesel
Another Reveg, was cloned from an outdoor plant, rooted in soil and started to flower outdoors. Originally i grew this strain from seed under LED and had issues, was supposed to be my 2nd journal but took some time to get everything healthy again under the MH, by the time she was ready i already had a full tent of hydro girls ready to go so she went outside, this was cloned from her not long after she went out there but never really had a chance to grow or stretch.

Screenshot_287.png

Red Diesel brings together our famous NYC Diesel with the sweet citrus of the Californian Orange Bud plant. This plant is hardy and grows to a medium size, but the side branches will need supporting in the last week of flowering. The large colas are filled with resin, and are coated with the dominant red hairs of the Cali Orange. Red Diesel combines the best of a trippy cerebral Sativa high with the relaxing tranquillity of the Indica.

Dready Seeds - White Jack
Grown from seed in rockwool, this was the only one to survive and is the last time i will ever use rockwool for anything. Topped around 3-4 days ago for the first time :)

Screenshot_291.png

The White Jack is a very Sativa looking plant with a very strong uplifting high. It is of course, a White Widow crossed with the one and only Jack Herer. It produces a very tall and vigorous plant and the buds will get massive. The smell is amazing with a very peppery or citrus smell blended in causing the most wonderful sensation just when smelling it. The taste is very similar to how it smells and this variety is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

It yields well both indoors and outdoors and has a very sedative effect on the user. In hydro systems the White Jack can take a higher E.C. and will be happy during flowering if the E.C. is kept between 1.8 and 2.0. This will ensure a bountiful crop of really sweet smelling buds, oozing with sticky crystals.

A lot of light is also required for this to achieve its full potential and if planting outside you should pick a spot in full sun, with well dug in soil and water it regularly. You will not be disappointed with the end result. It is very mould resistant too and unless you are doing a late outside crop, you should not worry about bud rot at all. This is another good strain for medicinal users and is known to help with the healing process of many illnesses due to its high THC content.

Critical Mass - Psychotropic Mass
Planted in soil 7 days ago, literally dropped the seed into the soil, no paper towels, no magic tricks etc :rofl:

Screenshot_297.png

Indoor Psychotropic Mass will require a proper supplementation of nutrients for its maximum production and expression of medicinal capabilities. Outdoor, good specimens will require supports for stability and maximum sun exposure for optimal production of CBD. It's perfectly suited to the SOG method when packed together and as with the Monster Mass responds very well to the FIM super cropping method. Pinching out the new growth at an early stage to onset the growth of multiple colas and then introducing LST to manipulate its growing structure will yield astounding results. It maintains its initial vegetative structure like a typical Sativa with thin leaflets and thin stems but when in bloom it exhibits accelerated speed and explosive growth in the production of dense and heavy flower clusters. Psychotropic Mass demonstrates high and low internodal branching, so large specimens require the pruning of surplus branches to manage space efficiently.

Smell: Seriously Skunky background with mix of new and more subtle nuances hinting at fruit and spice. Clear notes of lemon, leather, pinewood and other exotic woods can be found in almost all phenotypes.
Taste: A tangy Citrus bouquet with notes of caramel acid but also a deep rich honey/pine sweetness. Very complex but exceptionally sophisticated.
Effect: Characterized by a high concentration of CBD. The CBD is not psychoactive but psychotropic, so its effect acts at physiological levels, with all the virtues that entails. Potent but relaxing, typically Indica, long lasting and extremely medicinal.
Bag Appeal: Flower structure is tight and very dense. Beautiful sparkling nugs, light green in color with white and orange hairs. Simply the best looking meds we have ever seen here at CMC.

Moxie - Viper Cookies
Another seed planted 7 days ago.

Screenshot_298.png

MOXIE's house OG mixed with the legendary Forum Cookies. Truly a match made in Indica heaven. Both strains have a very heavy beta-Caryophyllene content making them extremely sedative and effective at fighting anxiety. A couple puffs of this spicy-sweet delight will have you sitting down whilst your stressors float away.

Grand Daddy Purp - Original GDP
This one is the only Reg seed i planted, another 7 day old.

Screenshot_299.png

Once you've tried Ken Este's Original Grand Daddy Purp once, you'll never forget its beauty, its smell, its taste & especially its power. This is undoubtedly the most imitated cannabis seed on the planet - and for good reason. This is true Cali fire here, my friend!

Original Grand Daddy Purp Seeds aren't the biggest yielders, but the quality is second to none. As the buds swell, they quickly reach maximum density with very little hair to get in the way of their signature crystal formation - they really do look like they've been dusted with bright-purple glitter - unbelievable, unreal & unmistakable are just a few words that come to mind.

Grand Daddy Purp is Asked for 6X More Often in Cali Collectives
Deep, Deep Purple Through & Through with Small Notes of Bright Green
Indica Dominant with Medium Yields & XXX-High Quality
Finishes as Early as 8 Weeks - But Often Requires More

Medical marijuana patients turn to these weed seeds for an unmatched level of nighttime relief. The Grand Daddy Purple strain is said to help even the most restless insomniac get 40 winks as well as ease almost any type of pain. If you're looking for certified MMJ, this is it!

Bomb Seeds - Ice Bomb
yet another 7 day old seedling and another bomb seeds strain ;)

Screenshot_300.png

When creating Ice Bomb we wanted a strain full of flavour and a heavy coating of ice white crystals. It is a three way hybrid of Vanilla Kush, White Rhino and our original Bomb #1, making it extremely potent and one of the most exciting new genetic crosses available.

The finished buds are incredibly resinous and are covered in a thick bed of ice white crystals full of THC. When cured they have an intense flavour and smell that is an appealing blend of chocolate with hints of vanilla. Ice Bomb is indica dominant, staying quite short but also extending outwards to form a fantastic bushy plant that will tend to produce a large single kola, whilst still producing heavy yielding side branches. During flowering the buds and leaves can develop a purple sheen making it particularly attractive. Ice Bomb is very consistent and hardy and it will grow well even in difficult or less favourable conditions.

This strain is ideal indoor & out and will thrive in SOG and SCROG systems. Indoors the plant is a good producer with yields up to 500g/m2. THC and CBD are both very high (THC +20%) making it ideal for medical use with relaxation in mind.

Humboldt Seed Organization - Lost Coast OG
this one is also 7 days old but only been above ground for 1 day, 2nd attempt at this strain, last seedling died painfully in rockwool.

Screenshot_301.png

A reknown Emerald area breeder passed HSO this elite clone, which they backcrossed into their Emerald OG to bring out some more gassy flavor and smell. This plant does great in coastal areas, is earlier finishing than your average OG, and the yield is also bigger. It´s one of HSO favorites because it performs so well outdoors.

I wont be covering any mixing of nutes, becomes too time consuming writing down all measurements etc, if i change out reservoirs etc i will go over whats added at that time ;)
Again, Welcome and feel free to ask any questions on or off topic, this is a very relaxed journal, hope you all enjoy :Namaste:

A bit of background information on the current flowering Atomic :thumb:

27th November, 2015 Life was started as a clone just before her mother was flowered.
11th December, 2015 First visible signs of roots
9th January, 2016 First signs of deficiencies, First day of nutes
16th January, 2016 Transplanted to 8" Nutrifield Netpot lid
19th January, 2016 First cut back
23rd January, 2016 Second cut back
5th February, 2016 Final cut back, current clones taken
15th February, 2016 Light schedule changed to 12/12

This finally brings us to today standing 36" tall on day 16 of flower :)
She is going to be a big girl :rofl:

Screenshot_302.png

Haha cool...just plant more around the neighborhood & see how it pans out lol!

:grinjoint:

Seedlings are looking real nice today, now at 11 days since germination :)

Psychotropic Mass
Sorry for the blurry pic, very hard to get focus and this is the clearest pic in 4 days :rofl:
She has the longest Cotyledons i have ever seen lol

Screenshot_313.png

Viper Cookies
Definitely an indica strain, already at this stage she has fat little leaves :)

Screenshot_309.png

Grand Daddy Purp
Looking much better every day, was looking a little yellow the past few days but now nice and green ;)

Screenshot_310.png

Ice Bomb
Nice and healthy, looking good

Screenshot_3111.png

Lost Coast OG
I have been monitoring this one closely, last seed was a fail, this one started growing exactly the same way and thought it was off to a bad start but has surprised me, now looking nice and lush.

Screenshot_312.png

Everything is going great in the seedling department, now for the slow process of watching them grow for a few weeks before i can start playing with them :rofl:

So for the past few weeks i have been running a magnetic 600w ballast as my nanolux would not power HPS, Yesterday my 600w OG Nanolux arrived so i took a photo side by side comparison of the standard and OG model. I was going to post this yesterday but thought i had better test the unit first lol.

Screenshot_307.png

Differences i noticed straight away was the addition of a usb port in place of the usual status led's, this was the main reason i wanted the OG, i will be buying the RTU and DTU units to control my ballasts and want to get rid of timers that keep failing. The next thing is the status led has been replaced with the Superlux feature which gives an extra 10% boost over regular 600w. I noticed when i un-boxed it, the status led's from left to right got lower in the dimming (Superlux, 100%, 75%, 50%), i did not really think too much of it but after setting up the unit and waiting for timers to switch on (then wait till i could get access to the room), i realised they have changed the dial to anti-clockwise to up the power, Atomic ended up with 300w for about 6 hours instead of 660w, oops :rofl:

Atomic last night was looking way too bushy for my liking, I gave her another decent defol but only fan leaves this time. Most of the lower growth was suffering and the idea behind todays defol was removing certain fans to stunt the taller branches, cleaning up the center fans for light penetration and airflow, also the higher growth areas that are trying to grow into branches had their fans removed as not looking for extra branches this time round, wanting those bud sites to expand rather than elongate ;) Still need to sort out a way of lighting for taking pics, Photos under HPS are disgusting :rofl: however, it does make things a lot easier taking pics under a digi ballast vs the flicker on a magnetic ;)

Screenshot_318.png

Screenshot_319.png

I figure splitting things up will make it a lot easier to cover in this journal with how much i have going on lol, should have some veg pics soon ;)

Thanks for joining me again db :thumb:
Should be some awesome coloring to the garden this time around, by the time the seedlings are ready for clones then flower should be right around winter which should bring out a lot more of their colors :)

Should be completely upgraded throughout this grow to exactly where i want the tents to be, i will be ordering the nanolux RTU's & DTU within a couple of weeks followed by another OG ballast for the veg room shortly after, all thats left to upgrade after this is the veg hood which i will be going with the same brand as my flower tent, this time will be a standard air cooled hood from Growlite called "THE HOOD", also powdercoated black finish like my OG Reflector ;)

Quick update from tonight, my timer for the veg tent failed yet again, i will have to change it to an analogue later when i do my checks. I dont understand what its problem is, has been working fine for months and nothing was changed, cheap POS.

Back to last nights updates...
White Jack is perfect, looking so healthy and getting bigger by the day, cant wait to grab some clones from her so i can get her in to flower

Screenshot_317.png

Hydro Atomic was supposed to get a haircut the other day but i am still up in the air about if i need another clone from that strain, I was thinking i may leave her to grow a bit bigger and take her top as a clone. The only reason i may need another is for seed production, currently my other project is taking forever, I have a feeling i will get pollen but will not have enough time to self pollinate so will need a willing candidate. Apart from that she looks great, getting bigger by the day.

Screenshot_315.png

Soil Atomic has just started settling in to her new home and is finally starting to grow, still really healthy, overall very happy with the health on all of the girls ;)

Screenshot_314.png

Red Diesel is just chillin, she sure has had some pest damage while she was outdoors, hopefully she starts growing again.

Screenshot_316.png

Thats about it for now, i should be back in the grow room in a couple of hours, time for some Xbox :rofl:

Last night i finally got the chance to change out the bulb in the OG hood (flower tent), I removed the 600w HPS PowerPlant globe and replaced it with one of the 600w HPS DigiMax Globes. While i had the hood opened, i cleaned the glass very thoroughly, first using a general glass cleaner, followed by isopropyl alcohol. Things just got a lot brighter in here, can see the difference straight away and the light is almost blinding now :rofl:
While in the flower tent i added another 4L water to Atomic#2, the EC was back down around 1.4 so i added some DM Gold A+B Flower to bring it back up around 2.0, quite a task running a plant so big in a 15L DWC, by the time the unit is all together it leaves me with an 8L res, when the plant drinks half of this each day it really messes with the EC and PH, i have been lucky so far and PH has stayed pretty much within the req range, if i was not in there every day i would be running into issues by now. The 27L NF Pro Pot setup should be here early next week, by the time my netpot lid is installed i am hoping it will hold a minimum of 20L making things much easier to manage. The tallest branch on this girl is now standing in at 37", i expect it to roughly stay this height as i have removed the main fan for the branch, time to see if the others catch up ;) Testing using defol to control growth on this girl, if all works out then should be a pretty even canopy with big clusters of flowers :rofl: well thats the plan....

Screenshot_325.png

Still taking pics under the HPS lighting, i will sort something out over the next week or so.

Hope all is well, i will be back soon with some pics of seedlings :Namaste:

Seedlings are finally getting big enough to take some clear photos, powering on every day and they all are really healthy. GDP still a bit blurry, will get better with age lol. Over the past 2 days they have all received their first watering, i am waiting till the soil almost completely dries out between waterings which does not take too long under MH, BTW i am not sure if i mentioned it or not but i have my veg tent ballast dimmed to 50%, so 200w right now, i will gradually increase it as the seedlings get bigger and can handle a more intense light.

Psychotropic Mass

Screenshot_320.png

Viper Cookies

Screenshot_3211.png

Grand Daddy Purp

Screenshot_322.png

Ice Bomb

Screenshot_323.png

Lost Coast OG

Screenshot_324.png

Couple of weeks i should have some nice little plants to start playing with :)

My Nutrifield 27L Pro Pot Setup arrived today, spent the last hour or so modifying it to my needs, will grab pics of it later after lights come on and i get Atomic#2 Transplanted. For the main bucket, I added a clear 19mm tube to the side as a sight glass, the graded pot that fits snug inside i used zip ties to strap 2x 6" air stones to the under side which keeps them in a separate section to the root zone but still allowing full airflow, works 1000% better than my current setup, i may end up getting the graded pots for the 15L buckets too. I was spot on with my guesstimate on res size, once all together i have exactly 20L for my nute mix, thats 2.5x bigger than i am currently running :) should be a really stable and manageable res.

Could not have been a better day to transplant Atomic#2 into her new Pro Pot, had drank almost 7L of her nute mix overnight. Some slight nute burn to some fans today, she had a mega feed yesterday, full strength DM Gold range and full strength Monsta Bud :rofl:
I mixed up all of the nutes earlier today probably around 14 hours before transplant, Set the PH to 5.9 and left it sit, at transplant time everything was stable and had not fluctuated at all, perfect :). This 27L Pro Pot makes the 15L look like a baby lol, it is real sturdy, came with a stand (about 12" tall) that will come in real handy for when i start adding smaller plants to the flower tent.

Before Transplant

Screenshot_329.png

The inner Graded Pro Pot with 2x 6" air stones installed

Screenshot_330.png

and after transplant, perfect fit :)

Screenshot_3311.png

I will be moving on to the timer issue now, veg tent has had lights out for 14 hours, right now i am thinking of either using the old analog timer or just running 24/0, back soon :Namaste:

I have switched the veg tent to 24/0 for a few days, just to be sure no other issues arise and really dont need them going to flower. Everything is powering on, seedlings getting bigger every day, clones are now plants, just a real happy place to be :rofl:

White Jack has taken really well to her topping and will be due for another in a few days time, finally starting to come along its been a long journey with her (44 days since germ), seeds in soil should be a much quicker turnaround. Looks like she is going to stay really short which isnt a bad thing, could be a very nice looking girl come flower time :)

Screenshot_332.png

Soil Atomic is gaining upward growth each day, I will start topping soon.

Screenshot_333.png

Hydro Atomic is getting pretty big and will definitely be cutting her right back soon, maybe even take her top portion as a clone.

Screenshot_334.png

Not a lot to report with Red Diesel, still looks the same. Money Maker however im not too sure will pull through, there are still a few small green leaf areas but mostly all brown and dying off, not too worried right now, got heaps of other stuff happening lol

I will be back soon with some seedling updates ;)

Seedlings are going real well, GDP still eludes me for a good pic :rofl:
I remember when i first started growing indoors things seemed to take so long, would spend 5 mins in the tent and be done for the night lol, seems now each day i am seeing major changes and improvements all over my girls, could spend hours in there with them and still find things to do :rofl:

Psychotropic Mass

Screenshot_336.png

Viper Cookies

Screenshot_337.png

Grand Daddy Purp

Screenshot_338.png

Ice Bomb

Screenshot_339.png

Lost Coast OG

Screenshot_340.png

Thats about it for today, see you all tomorrow :Namaste:

Back