2 Fast 2 Vast Autoflower - CFL - First Time Grow

Peejy

Hi 420 I've been lurking around for a while and decided to post up a grow journal as I feel like
I have learned a lot reading this forum but could prob still do with advice ha.
This is my first grow and journal so thanks for your time!
Straight to it!

Just the one plant for now, wanted to get my eye in before committing to more than 1.
2 vast 2 fast by heavyweight seeds, 80% Indi 20% sativa
1x 200w blue CFL with hanger and 4x 40w red CFL which I plan on adding when my new fan turns up.
All purpose compost with perlite about 70/30%
Grow space 45X72X150 cm lined with reflective sheet.
Been using light veg nutes since week 2 and just started using some fruiting nute around week 5 and watering every other day. I do not have a ph meter

First shoot was seen on 3 Feb about to start week 6 on weds.
I hope these photos work!
Day 11
image8535.jpeg

Day 23 just after some lst
image8537.jpeg

The first mistake I think I made was no filling the pot enough with soil. Now this seems like such a silly thing to overlook but it is a lesson taught. I also had a minor fungus gnat problem week 2 but sorted that relatively quickly

The first mistake I think I made was no filling the pot enough with soil. Now this seems like such a silly thing to overlook but it is a lesson taught. I also had a minor fungus gnat problem week 2 but sorted that relatively quickly
From what I was told and do is you leave about an inch [2.54 cm] from the top. Others have said to fill it up but I don't think it would make that big of a difference. But more than that, the plants would make there own atmosphere with higher humidity and such.

But it is good to see that you knew that autos start and finish in the same pot. She is looking nice and happy. Those are 60 days from germ to harvest right?

Hi Nismo thanks for your comments
It is supposedly a 60 day harvest strain but I have read that many autos especially those grown under CFL may take a little longer so I am prepared for that. Do you have any experience with autos and cfl? I have searched long and hard for auto cfl journals but many get abandoned.

Hi Nismo thanks for your comments
It is supposedly a 60 day harvest strain but I have read that many autos especially those grown under CFL may take a little longer so I am prepared for that. Do you have any experience with autos and cfl? I have searched long and hard for auto cfl journals but many get abandoned.
Sorry I can't help with either. I have some autos but haven't done them yet. I actually have the fast and vast but haven't done them. I use HID for lights. I'm on my first grow also and I planned on staying on the cheaper side of things but I love horticulture so much that I just dove all in lol.

But one thing that is controversial about autos is topping them. Some do some say not to. Also, a PH meter is a must. You can pick one up on amazon for 10 bucks. What nutes are you using? (Brand)

Cheers guys Stihl your space ship looks great lol.
Nismo low expense was a high priority (pun intended ;) ) so I'm using nutes I had for bonsai tree veg which has npk 5-3-3 and bought some tomato flower nutes which are 4-4-6. I studied the npk of some of the FF nutes and the more expensive ones and found similar in a local garden centre for much lower price.
Do you think these will be ok?

They will be alright. Ive done the same thing. Didnt want to open my new nutes so I bought a cpl boxes of MG water soluble plant foods. They seemed to work pretty well. I used 15-30-15 for bloom and 18-18-26 for late flower. I used 1/4 tsp to see how the plants reacted and upped it after that to 1/2 tsp. They seemed ok. I fed with every watering. It definitely ran them right on the ragged edge tho. I had some very minor leaf clawing and twist from time to time. Never saw any nute burn. Push em to the limits! lolz :lot-o-toke:

Hey guys was watering today and took a quick update photo day 43
image8695.jpeg

Can I expect her to get much bigger? I've got plenty of vertical space but running out of space on the edge of the pot to tie her down. As its week 6 I may let her now grow as she pleases.
Am I on track in regards to bud growth? I think I may be worrying too much but I want to maximise her potential with the equipment I have.
Cheers 420

Lookin good man. Im not too sure bout leds but I think ya might need a little room above the fixture so it can breathe and dissipate heat. In any event... Flip the bloom switch and run that bad chicken full noise brother! :thumb:

Ok so that photo I just posted wi the led switches didn't belong to me I have no idea how that happened lol it's not in my gallery on the site or my device. It will not let me post the intended photo lol weird

Ok so that photo I just posted wi the led switches didn't belong to me I have no idea how that happened lol it's not in my gallery on the site or my device. It will not let me post the intended photo lol weird

Lolx OOpS! My bad brother. :rofl: :high-five:

Ok so I just got home and found that the timer for my lights has packed up and the lights have been left on with no gents for about 2/3 hours. It felt warm in the cab but Ido only use CFL. There is a fair amount of leaf droop but no light burn as far as I can see. I am gutted but I do hope this won't affect her too much. Do you think I will be ok? I would take a photo but I don't want to disturb her any more, left the fans on permanently now.

Still going strong but not much to report. I de foliated a tiny bit today and adjusted the lights for what I hope to be the final time. The main stems have grown a lot and now I believe I am waiting for the buds to fill out.
Does anyone have any kind of prediction of yield? When I started I was hoping for an oz or maybe even more do you think that is achievable?
image8949.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom