First Grow - Stealth Cabinet - LED - Northern Lights

ch33ch

Hi

Long time reader and onto my first shot at glory. I am in quite a small space cab that is H35xW15xD15 inches big and using a 270w ufo led. I decided to go with northern lights(Feminized) as a tried and tested strain that i think will be quite lenient for a first grow. My soil is Coco which came in brick form and was fully washed before using. I will be watering with tap water which is soft and using GHE trio with some calmag as well.

I germinated in a cup of water for 30 hours and then into a paper towel for a further 30 hours before planting straight into a 2 gal fabric pot. I should have started in a smaller container i know but i really didnt want to deal with transplanting etc on first run and it's mostly just a trial and error run to see how i get on. I have 6 seeds of which i am only growing one to learn from.

So without further ado lets get some pics.

So she sprouted on the 6th of March.
IMG_0017241.jpg

Now just after this pic we had a little accident where the wife decided to knock the box over and the little one fell out. There was no damage really but did have to be set back into the pot, Not happy but shit happens and got back to it. But i do think it slowed the growth for a while.

So at 8 Days above soil (14th March) we had this. You cannot see them in the picture but the cotyledons where not looking there best and were really curled under and a little discoloured. As i said i have read for quite some time now and i realise they can last with no nutes for upto 2 weeks but i decided to give it the first hit of 1/4 strength nutes with calmag around the outsides of pot before taking this pic.
IMG_0026181.jpg

Two days later 10 days above soil (15th March)
IMG_0030159.jpg

Todays pics 11 Days above soil and there was some nice growth but also a small problem which was most likely due to my early nutes. Bit of discolouring at tips of leafs.
IMG_0032152.jpg

IMG_0033154.jpg

IMG_0037128.jpg

Thats where i am at just now and will try keep some daily pics as often as possible. Thanks for reading and all the information that has been provided for me to read over the last year.

12 Days above soil

Just finished up a flush as the tips got alot worse by time i got home today. I flushed through with ph 6 water and run off was 5.7, hopefully corrects what was my own fault but see what happens. Also had some high temps of 35 Celsius which i quickly corrected and im back down at 27 just now.

IMG_0039125.JPG

Day 16, I was a little busy yesterday didnt get a chance for pics or post. The leaves are really drooped over now seems slightly pale green. Just hoping its results of the flush as im a little nervous to go with quarter strengh nutes again already after flushing.

IMG_006270.JPG

IMG_006175.JPG

25 Days above soil.

So since last update she's grown quite a bit and pretty happy so far. I have added nutes back into water at 1/4 strength and been watering every 2 days for the last 6 days. I did notice pale green leaves that have started to kinda of yellow slighty at the bottom. I am wondering if this is Nitrogen but going to do a little more research before doing anything. Anyway here is how it is looking just now.

IMG_007165.JPG

IMG_007263.JPG

And one of the leaves with problem.
IMG_007459.JPG

28 days

So for a slow start its really getting to grips since i started to feed last weekend which is good. I am watering with ph 6 water and a run off of 5.8. There is now growth inside the branchs at stem and im quite pleased so far. Nothing else to really update on.

IMG_007561.JPG

IMG_007661.JPG

A little look at new growth.
IMG_007757.JPG

31 days.

Still going fine as far as i am aware no problems that i have seen. I have tried my first LST since update using all i had at time which is some pipe cleaners left over from my kids easter bonnet :D . Really is a bushy plant with not much stretch though so i cannot bend from the top. So i got 2 pipe cleaners and got a grip of bottom of stem from oneside and the other is used a little further up bending the plant over to the side. I would like to have got her from near the top but as i said the little thing is all bush and no stretch. I am thinking of upping the nutes a little as i will probably flip soon as i only planned a month of veg but since its small and bushy im gonna see how i can go with lst before changing lights. I am still using only 1/4 strength nutes in ph 6 water my last run off was 6.2. Anyway lets get to the pics.

IMG_008656.JPG

IMG_008060.JPG

IMG_008262.JPG

38 days in and second day of flower.

So looking at the space im growing in i decided to flip into flower, i only planned to do a 24 dark cycle but ended up doing a 36 because it suited me for a lights on lights off time. No problems what so ever and all seems to be well. I managed to get a hold of the plant near top to bend over a bit more and start moving around the outside of pot. I have just slipped a piece of cardboard under my tray and i am tying onto that just now but by next update i will have made a change to box and will remove it. I just finished up my last batch of my veg mix as i mix 1 gallon at a time till finished. I will go into a light bloom feed starting tomorrow.

IMG_009161.JPG

42 days - 6th day of flower.

Just a quick update, have went with a light bloom feed for now and will most likely stick with it for next 2 weeks before going a little stronger bloom. I have managed to lst a little more and now have a nice round and flat canopy.

IMG_010356.JPG

Day 50 - 13th day of flower

No change just a little growth and is a nice height in cab for now. She really is a bush and if i was a little more experienced i would consider defoiling a little but i think i will just ride it out and see how it goes. Just been doing a little lst along with tucking to keep her down so far. No other problems that i have noticed.

IMG_012357.JPG

IMG_011964.JPG

Day 50 - 13th day of flower

No change just a little growth and is a nice height in cab for now. She really is a bush and if i was a little more experienced i would consider defoiling a little but i think i will just ride it out and see how it goes. Just been doing a little lst along with tucking to keep her down so far. No other problems that i have noticed.

IMG_012357.JPG

IMG_011964.JPG

Defoliating is simple so simple. All your doing is removing FAN leaves so that light can reach the lower branches and there for a larger yield u can't mess this up cut the base of the fan leaf stem where it meets the stalk that's it

Outdoors organicshttps://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/274432-kera-bubblegum-northern-lights-afghan-lime-my-3-strains-im-growing.html

Defoliating is simple so simple. All your doing is removing FAN leaves so that light can reach the lower branches and there for a larger yield u can't mess this up cut the base of the fan leaf stem where it meets the stalk that's it

Outdoors organicshttps://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/274432-kera-bubblegum-northern-lights-afghan-lime-my-3-strains-im-growing.html

Well i have spent a few hours reading to defoil or not to defoil threads and i think im gonna stick with the not to defoil method. I mean no harm to the defoilers (Noticed this kind of chat causes massive arguments lol) But just gonna ride it out naturally.

Well i have spent a few hours reading to defoil or not to defoil threads and i think im gonna stick with the not to defoil method. I mean no harm to the defoilers (Noticed this kind of chat causes massive arguments lol) But just gonna ride it out naturally.

Good for u stick with your gut and ya know what they say don't fix it if it ain't broke or keep it simple lol either way your good brother

Very healthy looking plant. And I hear ya on the defoliating. I wanted to do mine more than I did but just didnt want to mess it up. I think in the veg stage its no biggie as they will come back. But in the flower stage, what ever you take is gone for good. But I cant argue with the results from defoliating (indoors) But I agree with you. If your not comfortable with it. Just let it grow natural. Maybe take a hand full of fan leafs when your flowering to uncover bud sites. And your right. Talk like this can start a riot. lol Anyway homie. Just keep doing what your doing cuz your plant looks great. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom