Kundal1n1's - Soil - Blue Mystic - 2016

Kundal1n1

Hi there everyone, this is my first grow indoors.
2 seeds, regular unfeminized. germinated directly in soil.
experimenting with ORMUS as a booster. :Namaste:

What strain is it? Blue Mystic from Nirvana
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FoxFarms Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? Starter cups currently
Size of light? 180watts of CFL's
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 72-78F lights on / 60-64F lights off
RH of Room/cab? 40-60%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? Had some fungus gnats now and then
How often are you watering? Whenever soil is dry inch-deep
Type and strength of ferts used? All purpose organic fertilizer / seamagic kelp concentrate / ORMUS mono-atomic gold solution.

DIY GrowTent
(theres some kitchen herbs in there too)

Blue Mystic 1

Blue Mystic 2

Does anyone have an idea when I should start to fertilize these babies. They're about 2 weeks old now and growing in foxfarms ocean forest soil. I transplanted them a couple of days ago so I figure I can hold off the fertilizer for now since the soil already has goodies in it. But then when to start ? Lol.

Also I have noticed a distinct smell of cannabis coming off one of the two. Where as the other plant seems to smell more neutral. Is this a sign of sex?

You could commence now, but lightly. I would use 1 Ga;; of water, with 1Tsp of Grow Big, mixed with 1tsp of Fish Emulsion, and start circling the outter side of the soil, and slowly go inside... Also, don`t flood her on the first attempt use no more than 1/4 to 1/2 per plant to see what transpires.

20th day since the seeds went into the soil, I'm pretty impressed at the speed with which the marihuana plant grows. In comparison to other plants where germination takes such a long time and growth seems slow. These plants just take off with explosive growth.

Watered them yesterday with a mild organic liquid fertilizer that is well balanced in NPK. One day later today and they seem to have really liked that little brew very well since they have grown a lot overnight, as well as all the houseplants who also had some feeding done. I feel blessed to live in a house with lots of vibrant plants enriching life.

This was their first time getting nutrients, not counting the seamagic and ORMUS solutions.
Tent temps are 75f lights on, 50 to 60% RH.

The plants are doing really well, growing a new node with 5 finger leaf structure. I'm guessing one is male, the darker colored one with the tall stem. It shows all the signs of it, even though there are no pre-flowers. I'm wondering whether my self educated guess will be correct.

The one with shorter stem I believe to be female, she started smelling of delicious blueberries overnight. I think I might name her. Duchess.

All in all good growth. Happy plants. Got the gnat issue under control. Temps are good. Plants responding well to fertilizer. No note burn detected. I'm pleased. Here are some pics I took this morning.

I've not read of a sex diagnosis by colour befor :smokin: and am intrigued to see if your right ! Are you using cfls for complete grow ?

Haha no that's right, I'm not basing it on color, more on the stretched stem and on the stipules which are straight. Those could be indicators. Ah well, of course I'm waiting for the first pre flowers to be absolutely certain. ☺
To answer the CFL question, yes I am going to use them for the whole grow. I will probably add a couple more though. This is my first indoor grow so I just wanted to try it out with what I had laying around.

Subbed :)
So on that first piuc your plants look a ways from the lights, I know you have potted up so this will aid, yet you want CFLs as close as possible really say a cpl inch max :)

Yes definitely, I merely raised them for a good overview picture. They are on chains with 1 inch links, adjusting is really easy that way. And yes I keep the lights close, 2 to 3 inches away. Thanks for being so observant and helpful and subbing!

Also I was wondering what K are the CFL's your using? I had great success with a mix of kelvin when using them :)

Yes I've done that too. At first I was searching like crazy for daylight 6500k. But I just couldn't find any anywhere that was within my budget range. So I decided to diversify.
There are 2x 2700k, 2x3000k and 4x 5000k.
Seems to be working pretty well. First grow indoor so it's all a big experiment at this point. ☺

Hey there, quick update everyone. The blue mystics are growing nicely. Very strong stems. Ah the wonders of a laptop cooling fan. Lol. They are growing their 7 finger leaves now. I'm amazed how short they are staying, definitely a great strain for indoor.
Haven't been watering them as much now that they're in bigger pots. Anyways here are some pics. Enjoy y'all!

One from the side

This is by far the biggest most whack DIY thing I've built.
There's a clear hard plastic screen in the center, so I don't have to open it up when I want to go and stare at the garden. Enjoy the human creative spirit. It sure makes me laugh every time I see it. It cost me 0 coins to build this.
The only money I had to spend was on some new bulbs.
Behold. DIY indoor greenhouse v1.0.

I also had the brilliant idea of doing laundry today..
Since my mother in law came over..
I give you.. dryer sheet in the wind.
Sorry just can't hold it anymore, all this is so hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom