First Grow - Royal Dwarf - Custom Stealth LED - Chest Of Drawers

Elehem

Hello and welcome to my first cannabis grow.

Setup​
chest of drawers with size: 51inches(130cm) height, 47inches(120cm) length and 15(40cm) depth
180w grow led light
38w 6500k esl
one 7l and one 5l pot
active carbon filter
rock wool to silence the closet
Flower and seedling soil

closet32.jpg

closet210.jpg

I made the mistake to plant the seedlings straight into fertilized soil mixed with seedling soil. It was still too toxic for the plants and i got nutrient burn on some leaves. But till today not one leave dropped.

I cured the soil with lime to a pH of 6.5 and draining water now has a pH of 6. Im watering every 3-4 days because its very dry after 4 days because of low rH.

My rH is always at about 35 to 43%, even with wet towels its not increasing. Only if i dry my clothes inside the same room as the closet, i get the rH above 40% :D Maybe that digital rH-ometer is crap.

Im watering with a light add of MgCaN fertilizer. pH of the water is at 6.5 to 7.0

I started germinating the first seed on February 24th. The second (right) one one week later. Both germinated within 2-3 days.

Day 12
You can see the nutrient burn.
day1211.jpg

Day 27 (left), Day 20 (right)
day273.jpg

Day 33(left only)
As you can see, some leaves started to turn yellow. Is that normal or am i having some deficiency? N maybe?
Isnt it also a bit too early to start flowering?
day335.jpg

I hope i didnt destroy too much with my early use of fertilized soil.

The plant is currently 7 inches(18cm), which seems pretty small to me. Can i expect any more height?

Any input on what to improve and especially how to proceed is heartly welcome.

Hello and welcome man! :welcome: to :420:! I'm quite new here too but my welcome has been awesome!:D
i like to see how, in this world of prohibition, that growers find a way anyways:) day 33 is not early to show those signs of flowering in my experience, just around time actually. and i wouldn't expect them to grow much more either. Could be they got stunted when they got burned early on. I'd say you should try light CalMg additives. And if you're unsure about too much fertilizer in the soil you can try flushing it and let it dry out. I've had the same problems with low humidity in both my closets, and once i took the step to buy a small cool mist humidifier, the problem got solved INSTANTLY, now i can regulate it easily between 40-70%. Let us see how they fare:)

sending good vibes to your ladies! hoping their stress will ease up. keep up the good work, and remember; quality is in the details:)

Thanks Norsecanna for the warm welcome. :thanks::Namaste:
Definitely learned a lot now in what i would do different the next grow.

Im currently using a light mix (1ml for 2L tap water) of an NPK(MgO) 6+4+6(+2). It has high amounts of CalMg. I think i stopped the nutrient burn now but i also think that it was too late. Vegetative is over.

RoyalQueenSeeds lists:
Flowering 6-7 Weeks
Harvest 8-9 weeks after sprouting

Thats about 2-3 weeks of veg. Im past that now.

As im now in the flowering phase, a 40% rH is good, isnt it? Will get a humidifier for the next grow definitely.

Thinks i will do better the next time:
- No fertilizer till week 3. No heavy prefertilized soil. Going organic (Biobizz LightMix + their fertilizers or other brand)
- Smaller pots for the younger plants. Repotting.
- Less watering, especially young plants.

The current goal is now to get the most out of those tortured ladies. I hope i get 20g each, so i have enough till the next grow is ready :volcano-smiley:

A little nute burn won't kill them just keep an eye on it, and save your nutes for when they run out of it in the soil. Lol i thought my Rh was is the low 30s, bought a humidifier and a new hygrometer... Lol my Rh was always above 40% but my meter was crap. I'd confirm your levels with another hygrometer to be sure. But as Norsecanna suggested a cool most humidifier is cheap and very effective. Sure beats smelly towels hanging inside buckets..

Glad you've got this journal started to share your experiences with us. All the best, goodluck!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Right, ye i've heard that if you plant in nutrient rich soil you better water through it a day or two in advance to take its edge off. Don't know how much of a difference it makes but none of my plants got too much from it when i did it. The best way to learn is by doing in my opinion:) I'd be happy with about 40% rH when in flower ye. never had any mold or fungi issue.
you have a good list for improvement, but i'd recommend planting in the pots your finishing in if you want the most yield.

Good luck man in the future and let us know how it goes:) :Namaste:

Growroom upgrade:

I modified my closet today and started 3 new plants with new soil and new fertilizers for later.

Upgraded gear:

Plagron LightMix Soil mixed with ~30% perlite
General Hydroponics Flora Series (Flora Gro(w), Flora Bloom and Flora Micro) + Bio Roots Activator

Im now using their fertilizer plan with the little to non pre-fertilized Plagron soil. Hope i will get much better results than i had with the pre fertilized soil.

My new plants are 2x Royal Dwarf from RoyalQueenSeeds and 1x Blue Mammoth from Barneys Farm (Barneys Farm - Blue Mammoth - Auto)

Here is a photo of the modified closet:

new_closet2.jpg

:Namaste:

Sorry for the long time silence. I was and still am busy with life. Moving soon to a new home having the double the size i have now. Pretty happy about it but still much to do. :cheer:

My original two Royal Dwarfs are in their final phase. The left one is getting its first orange trichomes.

Here an update of my closet:

closet33.jpg

Here updates of the most left Royal Dwarf (~8 weeks):

(Check 3 posts above (Day34) for comparison of bud growth :cheer:)
royal_dwarf_8weeks.jpg
dwarf_thc.jpg

What do you guys/gals think? How much longer does it need? About 15% of the trichomes are orange. Its recommended to wait for about 80%, isnt it? I would guess 1-2 more weeks?!

I will update more frequently from now on.

That Blue Mammoth on the top is just 10 days since sprouting. Its going to be HUUUGEEE.

You usually want 30-50% amber trichomes for an even keel high.. A little more for couch lock, and a little less for more energetic.

As for the deficiency, you're going to have some show up when you start flushing... A week or so from harvest its not a concern. Congrats bro, just about there...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom