H00ks Hillbilly Grow - Girlz 2016

Good Evening Buckaroo's...it's growin' time again...just getting this set up for this season's adventure...Put the beans between the sheets this past Sunday(24th)...and on Tuesday put the plant embryo's in some pro mix...Today see's 8 of 12 poking their cute lil heads above ground...hoping that at least 2 more come up...being somewhat superstitious, I will withhold strains for now till I confirm total success rate in a day or two... not too many changes to the hillbilly set up...but a couple...I will expand on this as well when I start my journal in earnest in a few daze...weather is still not kewl for my indoor/outdoors grow...here's hoping the next 2 or 3 weeks bring some better temp's...specifically nighttime temps(just hate having heat into the power consumption)...anyway's...Cheerz!...h00k...:420:...

Good Evening!...So...12 head's showing thru the soil!!...all present and accounted for!...So this will officially start this Year's adventure...

...This year's line up...3 Dr. Kripplings Incredible Bulk
...3 Tangerine Dream
...3 Strain Hunters Heavyweight Dream
...1 Great White Shark
...1 Royal Queen Critical
...1 Dinafem Cheese

...All seed's have broke soil...one Krippling took forever!...and a pleasant surprise was the shark...bean was 2 years old...this gives me a full house!...actually, I would have been good with 10...but...always germ for failure(Thanks to Herbies and their breeders...this has been a non issue!)

...So pretty much same ole' same ole'...my usual mish mash of lights...soil grow...in an outdoor shed...however...you folk's are slowly drawing me into the twenty first century!!!...lolool...

My soil is as usual...Pro Mix with a cheaper triple blend mix...

What's new!?...side lites upgraded to 17 watt 4 foot LED tubes
...Smart Pots...10 gallon and 7 gallon(bit of a story here...might address it later)
...4 inch inline carbon scrubber(bit of a story here...might address it later)
...Lighting schedule...I've always done a 24/7 schedule till flip...switching to 18/6 till flip
...couple more light light fixtures CFL/LED bulbs...6000k/2700k for veg/flower
...Bought some of those designer nutes everyone is so keen on...although a diluted MG seems to be the same...lolool

...and a few obligatory baby pic's...

...awaiting conception...

P10508172.JPG

...in the soil...

P10508201.JPG

P10508182.JPG

...The shed...a few 10 gallon pots...to get the feel...
P10508212.JPG

...the air scrubber...
P1050822.JPG

...That's it for now...will update regularly...unless I'm Gone Fishin'...This retirement gig takes some getting used to...I have more than 2 day's a week to get chit done..lolool...Cheerz...h00k...

I think they would do fine with light output and virtually no heat...could get those puppies close as Ya want...my utility room where the baby girlz are, is just not set up right to try one...so for now, I have 2 14watt(100 watt equiv. 5000k) LED bulbs... 2 23watt CFL(100 watt equiv. 4500k) bulbs...and one 42 watt CFL (5000k) bulb...girlz seem to like it...they're growing daily...even the one Krip who is the runt of the litter is making strides after moving her under the bigger CFL...will do a picture update either later this evening or Manana...should be getting some 7 gallon fabric pots tomorrow...those 10 gallon ones are BIG...will prolly run six of each...maybe use my 5 gallon buckets for some container veggies...L8R...Cheerz...h00k...

Today marks two weeks since the germies hit the soil...doing good...growing daily...yesterday saw them get their real first drink of water...up until now it had only been a taste from spray bottle...cheerz...h00k...

P10508272.JPG

P10508262.JPG

I have thought of doing a crop of auto's...but never sneaking one in...until now...lolool...makes sense and I admit, I am a lil' curious about those strains...sounds like a plan for next season...thanks for planting the seed!...lolool...Cheerz...h00k...

Quick update sans pictures...girlz still in the basement and getting bigger daily...was planning on transplanting this weekend...butt...cold front moved in(even had some snow today!...GEEZE), so postponed for a couple daze...temps seem to stabilize mid week, so that should bring the move and subsequent update...some roots starting to show in drainage holes on the bottom of the seedling pots...so it's time to move...prolly would be OK to move tomorrow, given the warmth from lights...but a couple more daze is kewl...cheerz...h00k...

...So today is 3 weeks since the babies hit the dirt...and it was moving day!...hit 19C today, which believe me is welcome...things from here on in look promising, but Ya never know in my neck of the woods...

...The girlz are all 4 to 5 inches tall and relatively bushy for their age...never fails to amaze me how that tiny lil' tap root grows into a network in a few short weeks...

...have a total of 600 watts running right now for the veg...six four foot 54 watt T5 HO's overhead as well as ten 14 watt LED bulbs overhead...have eight 17 watt four foot LED tubes as side lights...The LED bulbs are 4500k...I will evaluate in a week or two...I have a whack of 23 watt CFL's that are 6500k if I feel I have to bump it up...interested in getting past results with less wattage...we'll see...Come the flip...I'll fire up six 70 watt HPS wall packs and switch out the LED's or CFL's to 2700k...just to note for any new viewers...all lights and fixtures were Gratis!...as well as replacement bulbs and ballast's...I LUVVED my job...lolool...

...Have 12 girlz in 11 pots(ended up with 2 germies in one starter pot...WTF!...lolool...lil' too close for my comfort. but I didn't wanna' mess with trying to separate the roots)...four 10 gallon and seven 7 gallon(if online availability was there...woulda' all been 7 gallon)...

...A few of the girlz had their second set leaves yellowing...so after transplant...a 2ml per gallon of FF Grow Big was added to 15 gallons of rested well water and watered outward from transplant hole......

...no exhaust running just yet...still too damn cool at night...circ fan will prolly go on in a couple/few days if/when temps improve...

So...that's about it...cept' for a few pics...

...Last night in the basement...
P10508293.JPG

P10508301.JPG

...root growth from starter pot...
P10508314.JPG

...couple shots of the girlz in the shed...
P10508322.JPG

P10508342.JPG

...Cheerz...h00k...

Not too much new to report...girlz are doing good...albeit a bit slow on growth...aside from two daze this past weekend, temps are still cool...0C to3C for low's...did have half of the girlz outside on Sunday so I could water the girlz in the back...bit of a pita werking under the lights that low...FIM'ed all the girlz and fired up a couple of fans...

...so lights are on at 8:00a.m. and off at 2:00a.m....but this coming Sunday there is a scheduled power outage from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.(fokkerz!), so I'll prolly run the lights all night Saturday since it'll be lights will be out for six hours Sunday...don't think the extra few hours of light should have any ill effects!?...

...just one shot of the girlz in the shed...oh...and Missus h00k bought me one of those three function meters at Wally World off the clearance rack...and Yup!...werks just as well as the first one I bought a few years ago(it doesn't!!)...lolool...Cheerz...h00k...

P10508353.JPG

Good evening...so its update time again...I'd be lying if I said things were going terrific...weather is being a bitch...been almost a week since we saw the sun!..I've never monitored humidity in the shed in the past...it's never really been an issue in my mind...but I did notice on the weather network outside humidity was at 96/98 % on 2 consecutive days...happens I was on Amazon buying an LP for my grandson(go figger...whats old is new again) and need a lil more for free shipping and thru in a temp/humidistat for shits and giggles...imagine my surprise when I gave it some time to adjust...

P10508392.JPG

...bear in mind the door was open for some time as I had 1/2 the girlz out side to do a watering...here's a shot of those...

P10508381.JPG

...not too concerned about that too much...cause its still veg and if they were outside...humidity would be higher...with doors closed it maintains between 50 and 6o percent...I'd prefer to see those inside temps a lil higher during midday...but...it is what it is...

...my other concern is when I had the girlz outside...and I was able to get to the girlz at the back...seems something has been nibbling on the new growth and a couple fan leaves...spent a couple hours looking for the usual suspects...couldn't find a damn thing with magnifying glass and loupe...so online I went to buy some warfare...was thinking neem oil...but 35 buck shipping was insane...ordered some pyrethrin which will be here tomorrow...went to town yesterday to try and source some neem...lady at the nursery informed me it has been banned in my province!...WTF!!...I can buy Malathion ...but not neem oil...will prolly order some stateside and go pick it up...just an hour drive
...not in a panic...but a lil concerned...never had problems this early in a grow...girlz will be getting a pyrethrin treatment tomorrow and despite this update...the girlz are for the most part doing OK...some squat bushy and a few taller gangly...although I try and pick strains with similar height/growth traits...thats about it for tonight...couple shots of the in house girlz...and will update in a few...cheerz...h00k...

P1050840.JPG

P10508411.JPG

Back
Top Bottom