Pat's Small CFL Grow

Pat999

Good Day to my fellow growers.

I am new on this site and thought I would start my journal.

The strain I am using is bagseed
Running 1x 85w 6500, 4x 15w 2700 and 4x 23w 6500.
I germinated the seed on the 4th of May and have it in potting soil at the moment. Planning on getting some coco today after work and then uppot to that when the little one is big enough. I will try and get some photos up shortly. My main aim is going for one female plant grown under about 220/230w and getting about an 1oz, about 40-45 grams will make me a happy grower!

I am open to any advice so please feel to comment if you see I am doing something wrong :Namaste:

Pat

IMG_20160504_221818.jpg

This was germinated on the 4/5/16. Very excited:yahoo:
IMG_20160506_210109.jpg

Photo taken on 6/5/16.
IMG_20160511_163825.jpg
IMG_20160511_163845.jpg

Last two ones taken on 11/5/16.

Let me know what you think of it so far? Will keep updating in the next few days as I have plans for the box during my off day today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Pat

Heya Pat! Welcome to the :420: grow room my friend. She looks to be off to a happy and healthy start! You will find tons and more tons of info on growing here on this greatest of great sites. I'm doing a few CFL grows also. Feel free to stop by either of my grows to check some aspects of the process I undertook. My auto grow is current but my latter journal is also chock full of info. If ya have any questions by all means feel free to ask. If I can't answer it I can more than likely point you in the direction of somebody who can. :)

Morning Pat! I've only recently finished my first cfl grow ( using some awful bag seed which turned out hermie in some bits). I'm in the same position as you and would recommend getting as much info about cfl grows as possible. Make sure the air can escape from your box as this is something I overlooked and probably stressed my girl a lot. Like Logger says there are plenty of people about who would be willing to help . I'm fairly new myself I'll try to help as much as I can! I've been misting my seedlings which helps with humidity, presuming your lights directly above them?

Heya Pat! Welcome to the :420: grow room my friend. She looks to be off to a happy and healthy start! You will find tons and more tons of info on growing here on this greatest of great sites. I'm doing a few CFL grows also. Feel free to stop by either of my grows to check some aspects of the process I undertook. My auto grow is current but my latter journal is also chock full of info. If ya have any questions by all means feel free to ask. If I can't answer it I can more than likely point you in the direction of somebody who can. :)

Thank you my good man, I will definitely go check out your cfl journal. As of today the little one is 11 days old, will get some pictures up which I took yesterday evening. I do have some issues with the heat as it is running quite hot, I need to source some pc fans but not sure how to connect that it works straight from the 230v plug/socket which is standard voltage? Any ideas you have on this or can maybe point me to somebody who can help would be sweet :Namaste:

Morning Pat! I've only recently finished my first cfl grow ( using some awful bag seed which turned out hermie in some bits). I'm in the same position as you and would recommend getting as much info about cfl grows as possible. Make sure the air can escape from your box as this is something I overlooked and probably stressed my girl a lot. Like Logger says there are plenty of people about who would be willing to help . I'm fairly new myself I'll try to help as much as I can! I've been misting my seedlings which helps with humidity, presuming your lights directly above them?

Sup my man, yeah I know what you mean with the heat I spotted that about two days ago, I am currently running 9 bulbs so heat it will make, just need to source some cheap pc fans or something. How did you make with your heat? I have a decent intake fan but no exhaust fans, thinking two/three ones of those would work quite well. Your plants are looking sweeeetttt!!:cheer::high-five: I will get some photos up of mine taken yesterday. The space is a box I made myself, it is 60cmx60cm and then about 100cm tall. Not sure what that is in ft? :hmmmm:

IMG_20160514_141236.jpg

So yesterday morning I decided to install my fan a bit better, drilled a nice hole on the side, slid that bastard to the corner and threw some duct tape on her, LoL. Now it isn't circulating any air from the box but only from the outside, still need to attach some other fans in the week.

Here is the little one on day 11 officially from germination:
IMG_20160514_141225.jpg

IMG_20160514_141249.jpg

IMG_20160514_141302.jpg

Let me know what you guys think:Namaste:

She's looking good dude , I would recommend getting her into a bigger pot soon. Having that flow of air from outside will definitely help with the temperature. Mines on in the evening and when I woke up it was at 35degrees far far too high luckily nothing lasting happened but I will be trying to fix today Steels a bitch! Last grow up was in a cardboard box so could just cut holes into it! May have to just throw another one or two in there until I can get power tools. I prefer measurements in cm! You might want to look into a technique called low stress training due to the height of your box some girls grow over a metre but it depends on the strain. With low stress training you can bend the branches down to the same height so the lights distributed evenly and it saves on height space it's something I'm going to be doing this time round! Mary's pretty forgiving thankfully and that's good for me!

You won't need to do the lst stuff for a little while though I believe it's when your plants got at least 6 pairs of leaves

She's looking good dude , I would recommend getting her into a bigger pot soon. Having that flow of air from outside will definitely help with the temperature. Mines on in the evening and when I woke up it was at 35degrees far far too high luckily nothing lasting happened but I will be trying to fix today Steels a bitch! Last grow up was in a cardboard box so could just cut holes into it! May have to just throw another one or two in there until I can get power tools. I prefer measurements in cm! You might want to look into a technique called low stress training due to the height of your box some girls grow over a metre but it depends on the strain. With low stress training you can bend the branches down to the same height so the lights distributed evenly and it saves on height space it's something I'm going to be doing this time round! Mary's pretty forgiving thankfully and that's good for me!

My temp is sitting at about 32 with the door closed at the moment :whoa: I would need to steal some pc fans from work, LoL but you didn't hear it from me though! I will be doing some nice training in a while, want to either top or FIM the plant after about 5/6 nodes up. Got me a decent pot today which will help with keeping the grow low enough, have a bit of a space issue but won't be too bad :allgood: positive vibrations for this airie plant! Will get some photos up of the new pot a bit later on

Welcome, we love to watch the grass grow. :passitleft:

Thanks bru :Namaste::passitleft: I also can't get enough of it, I work night shift so when I leave the flat at night and get back in the mornings I always like how I can see the difference, apart from the other 26 times I open the box to peek during the day :laugh:

So yesterday I quickly went to the garden store to source me a nice pot as the ones I had was super tall and was going to limit my vertical growth, who doesn't like an extra 4inches of room to grow:rofl:Sooo I decided on getting myself a rectangle pot vibe, got home and stuck it under the lights and this is how it looks:
IMG_20160515_163712.jpg

Growing parallel with the inside of the bulbs. I will be training the plant so it will follow the pot shape nicely, making sure the buds will be surrounded by cfl's.

Also took some photos of the little one while I was at it, nothing too mayor but it is looking really nice and growing good, moved the lights a bit further away so that the plant can stretch, want to top around 4/5th node.
IMG_20160515_163827.jpg

IMG_20160515_213409.jpg

:high-five::cheer:

Pat

Good stuff pat!

This might help until you get your fans freeze a bottle of water (plastic bottle haha) and put it front of one of the fans. I was stuck at 31-34 at times not running on steady 28 c

Good stuff pat!

This might help until you get your fans freeze a bottle of water (plastic bottle haha) and put it front of one of the fans. I was stuck at 31-34 at times not running on steady 28 c

Shot my man, saw your post this afternoon when I woke up, so I put two small bottles in the fridge till morning, will be able to rotate them so there is one always in the box keeping it a bit cooler :thumb: thanks for that advice, hopefully within the next week or two I can source the fans.

Happy to help! Just make sure If you freeze them to wrap it in a plastic bag for safety! Don't want condensation being flung on your lights !

Yellooooo.... Hope all is well for the people reading this. I have a question that I would like to ask, I need to either Top of FIM my plant, I saw somewhere that it can be done when there is about 3-5 nodes, is this true though?:hmmmm: I took a few more photo's of the little one last night before I came to work so here they are :Namaste:
IMG_20160517_171254.jpg

IMG_20160517_171303.jpg

IMG_20160517_171317.jpg

As of today (18th May) she is officially two weeks old from seedling.

Should I give the plant a few more days before the top or do it later on when I get home? Also would like to know, is it better to Top of FIM as I've read you get more tops from FIM that you get from topping?

Positive vibes your ways fellow growers:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom