Grow To Heal Me - Perpetual Journal - Lady Growing Ladies - Never Giving Up

"Growing green - a beauty to be seen - no time for mean - a friend, you can lean...on"

Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to give me a new purpose in life.

Growers Mission: "Rehab my brain cognition through the processes of growing green medicine."

Purpose: To use natural medicines instead of the high dosage chemical meds to cope with my health issues.

Novice Grower: 1 year of lessons learned under my belt but 1 year of dedicated research, product buying and visiting a "misc" grow shop once a month now. I read as many magazines as I can because it fits the lifestyle I live. I'm completely addicted to providing the best care but under a very limited budget. I love the creativity it brings out in me. I'm obsessed with successful growing...once I get there. I welcome advice and questions too.:Namaste:

Accomplishments::cheer:
*I built my grow tent out of wired cubes and vinyl from my own fabric collection.
*Living off the land.
*I have cut my hospital visits down to once a year — emerg — since I started medical use greenery.
*My plants teach me processes that will help me relearn my cognitive deficits since my last brain attack.
*I refuse to give up.
*Not afraid to take risks.
*I feel a new purpose in life with my new growing lifestyle.

Health & Medical Conditions:
:love:

*Diverticular Disease — Must eat healthy.
*IBS — Must eat healthy and stay away from stress.
Brain Aneurysm — makes me forget details, distant from my thoughts, anxiety and trouble with language, grammar and focus.
*PTSD — brutal abuse as a teen - intense healing for 20 years.
*Pre-Cancer — Cervix & Colon (high risk strain — biopsies ever 6 months)
*Tinitus & Hyperacusis — Losing my hearing.
*Pre-Diabetic — Inherited, I'm actually in good shape as I have been in physio working on my back and jogging for months now. Running is my passion and I'll do anything so I can live long enough to run beside the mountains. It's an experience I do often, and crave it.
*Do not drink, or shhhmoke for 8 years now.

*Best physical trait about myself - I am a retired soccer player and still have the muscles to exercise. I also have the "Win" attitude it takes to be a Provincial Champion. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something to make me a better person, and to make this world a karmic place to live in. Thanks for watching my journey, you are most welcome here. :high-five:

Tech Specs & Plant Details

(please excuse any errors I'm still learning)

What strains have I experimented with:

1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - Vancouver Seed Bank - July 2015
2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015
3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015
4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015
5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016

Medicinal purposes only — Seeking Indica balanced with minimal Sativa - target the body, not the mind.

ALL INDOOR GROW

Soil Accessory: Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.

IMG_115930.jpg

Growing times: 18/6 hr for veg — 12/12 hour for flower — super important to remind myself.

Soil — Promix - "This potting mix is regionally formulated from Canadian sphagnum, peat moss, peat humus and/or composted forest products. Coco fibre, perlite, lime, controlled release fertilizer and mycorrhizae"

10 inch — Self Watering Pot *the best decision I ever made.
Selfwateringpots.jpg

(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping. Glass window/greenhouse type grow situation. Start off with very basic techniques in order not to overwhelm my brain with too much responsibility.

Timer settings 18hrs — will switch over to 12 when it's time to flower.

Size of light: 4x 39 inch

Yes, air-cooled during the day, but not at night because it's cooler at night naturally here.

Temp of Room/cab? 22-24 degrees

PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 ph balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy, transparent dirty orange.

Any Pests ? Not yet, I always add hydrogen peroxide before I transferred the seedling into the pot full time. It was added to the very first feeding. One cap full, making sure I do not dry out the roots or damage the growth.

How often are you watering? Once a week now in veg state, with food - or up to 3 times w/food in rapid veg growth depending on the strain.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Organic
— BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 — 5 ml/litre
— Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 — 5ml/litre
— CaMg+ (10 ml/litre
— Bio Bloom — (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre

:circle-of-love:Thesis - To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. Plants are the greatest teachers and most forgiving creatures on this Earth.

Must Improve: :morenutes:
1. Language aka Growing Processes.
2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.
3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.

Enhanced abilities::goodjob:
1. Music
2. Innovation & Creative Projects
3. Driving
4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!

Goals: :thumb:
1. Accept my new state of being.
2. Make friends and stay social.
3. Grow the best medicine I can to keep bad chem-meds far away from me.
4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of inspiration.
5. Find a part time job that allows me to work from home and encourages me to continue healing.:420:

IMG_232821.jpg

Experiment Details: To help you understand the barriers I face, here is just a brief quote of symptoms/results that I am addressing on a daily basis.

"Symptoms of Blood Clots in the Brain
There are a variety of symptoms one may experience when having blood clots in brain, ranging from headaches to difficulty speaking, depression and Ischemic Attack.

Headaches- Headaches associated with a blood clot will normally be found on one side of the head. These can be worsened by coughing or sneezing and can impair head movement or physical activity over time.

Speaking Difficulties- You may begin to slur your words or have difficulty speaking. This is especially prominent if you have a clot on the left side of the brain.

Confusion- It may feel as though it takes longer to think, or your thinking capacity is not where it should be. You may feel confused or feel as though it takes longer than usual to understand things.

Changes in Personality- A blood clot can cause your personality to become altered from its usual state. You may suddenly feel very manic or normally energetic people can feel subdued.

Dizziness- Bouts of dizziness may occur from time to time. This may be accompanied by temporary blindness.

Depression- Those who suddenly develop depression are frequently checked for blood clots in the brain to ensure that all portions of the brain are getting the right amount of oxygen.

1. Headaches (Confusion, Dizziness & Speaking Difficulties) - Possible Solutions – Cannabis plants calm me down almost instantly. But when my headaches come on I have to lie down and put ice packs on my forehead. The headaches feel like I'm wearing a very small helmet and take me down a black hole. They can last up to 4 days none stop. Green meds relax my body as I tense up when I'm in pain. If I smoke during pain episodes, my body relaxes and brings my blood pressure down. I have a blood pressure machine by my bed to monitor my blood pressure everyday. It has blue tooth and sends my health info to my app on my phone. My family doctor checks my readings every two weeks when I see her. I feel better knowing that I can monitor my own vital signs and take action if needed. The technology makes it easier to take responsibility for my health.

2. Language aka Growing Processes (Confusion, Headaches, Speaking Difficulties & Changes in Personality) - Possible Solutions – Must read instructions and understand the definition of the growing process. It takes me about 3 reads to understand a paragraph of words. Although I can still think for myself, I have much difficulty saying the right words. I speak in riddles sometimes and I find it extremely difficult to remember what I was going to say.

It's incredibly embarrassing when I talk in front of people face to face and attempt to complete an entire thought. People look at me and say I look great, but as soon as I open my mouth, I stutter my words and forget what I was saying. Then I just stop trying to talk. I try to hide behind my husband sometimes in social situations but the more I practice talking to people the easier it will get.

Some people are accepting, some people call out my disability right away, rudely. The important detail here is to remember that I can't isolate myself just because I have a brain injury. Now it is much easier to deal with this language barrier through my growing lifestyle because it’s about gratitude not attitude. Growing keeps me social to learn new words, read out loud instructions, and rewards me with medicine from the Earth.

As you read my journal you'll start to read my mistakes in language, but that's okay, it's a measureable symptom that can be improved over time. I start language therapy in 3 weeks, why wait. I speak to my plants everyday.

3. Math aka Formulated Nutrients (Confusion, Headaches & Speaking Difficulties) – Possible Solutions - I think this is self-explanatory. I have trouble counting down, counting days on a calendar, adding numbers in my head and lastly, I was never good at math, but good enough. I am forcing myself to learn math by following nutrient formulas. This is my greatest loss, mixing up the wrong amount of nutrients. My plants in the past have suffered from my lack of understanding measurements. However, I have taught myself the basics and follow a grow chart that was given to me. Every grow I make a mistake, but my mistakes are becoming less and less, which makes me wiser and wiser. There is always room for improvement.

4. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks (Headaches, Confusion, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) – Possible Solutions - Now I know how my husband feels....lol. Loss of focus and concentration is no longer just a male thing in my family...hahahaha. Sooo, I have regimented myself with a daily routine that requires me to complete a list of tasks. Feedings, cleaning, grooming, recording specs & pics and sleep time. The exact problem I face is remembering what I was JUST doing. I go from one task to the other without always completing the prior task. This is a great opportunity to make lists and be methodical. Take risks but don't deviate from the proper formula. I am impulsive if I think something is wrong. I try to fix it, but many times it was my brain playing tricks on me. Therefore, my grow is a mirror of myself, imperfections are okay to accept.

5. Socially Awkward to Social Butterfly (Confusion, Depression, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) - Possible Solutions -
Make friends and ask for help, very difficult things to do. Go easier on myself. Accept my loss but celebrate my gain. My plants give me a new purpose and regiment to follow. I am not depressed, my brain is depressed because I couldn’t be happier in my life. I can handle this as long as I remember that it’s my brain playing tricks on my perception. In my opinion, if I was depressed, why would I work so hard to rehab myself with such a complicated by compassionate project? But I must be humble when I make mistakes instead of getting angry at myself and treat the plants like they were an extension of myself. I think I treat my plants better than myself. I would like to balance that, there is much work to be done. I’m excited.

6. Organic meds vs’ chemical habit-forming meds - Possible Solutions - I don’t want to be forced into take chemical drugs as my first choice in healing. I figure the only times I need these chemicals is when I’m in the hospital. It is my ultimate choice, to not only smoke the green medicine, but to also rehab my cognitive loss by teaching myself how to grow. This is a double win for healing and advocating on behalf of the one of the most healing plants in the world. Thanks to the friends in forums, I think their experience will keep me ahead of the game.

Your support will help me get through one of the best and biggest traumatic experiences in my life. But no biggie…lol
IMG_231714.jpg

Let the experiment BEGIN!

No idea if cannabis will magically heal you, Growto. Certain that the growing process will be good for you no matter what. Also, language problems aside, you write better than most of the stoners 'round here.

:welcome:

No idea if cannabis will magically heal you, Growto. Certain that the growing process will be good for you no matter what. Also, language problems aside, you write better than most of the stoners 'round here.

:welcome:

Thanks for stopping by. It definitely won't cure me, but it will help me avoid the chemical meds. Thank you for the compliment that was sweet! My writing, memory and recall is fine, my math, focus and language is off. As long as I don't speak you would never know that I have a brain injury. A curse and a blessing...but I'm alive so no complaints you know...lol life is still good!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for stopping by. It definitely won't cure me, but it will help me avoid the chemical meds. Thank you for the compliment that was sweet! My writing, memory and recall is fine, my math, focus and language is off. As long as I don't speak you would never know that I have a brain injury. A curse and a blessing...but I'm alive so no complaints you know...lol life is still good!

Also, there is a difference between heal and cure. I can still heal myself in varying degree's. There is no cure, but I can heal from a headache, confusion etc. Plus there is nothing "magic" that I'm trying to accomplish, it's rehabilitation that I'm aiming for not a cure or heal 100%. I think that would be a false hope to expect anything to heal "magically." Have a great day!:thanks:

Also, there is a difference between heal and cure. I can still heal myself in varying degree's. There is no cure, but I can heal from a headache, confusion etc. Plus there is nothing "magic" that I'm trying to accomplish, it's rehabilitation that I'm aiming for not a cure or heal 100%. I think that would be a false hope to expect anything to heal "magically." Have a great day!:thanks:

Ok. Cool.

I like the sound of the "greenhouse window" grow space with supplemental lighting... And the organic dirt.

Ok. Cool.

I like the sound of the "greenhouse window" grow space with supplemental lighting... And the organic dirt.

Many thanks! I'm posting my first round of pictures tomorrow so you can see what I have described. Oh and I use organic nutrients too my friend. .

I'll have to keep track of all these different journals... Have you got it down to two now? I don't want to miss anything :)
Once again I'm very interested in your progress of healing your inconveniences... I'm here following along, thanks for sharing.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I'll have to keep track of all these different journals... Have you got it down to two now? I don't want to miss anything :)
Once again I'm very interested in your progress of healing your inconveniences... I'm here following along, thanks for sharing.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi my friend, I'm officially down to two journals. One perpetual, one for the CKS contest. I felt like I had to merge my grow info otherwise, too many journals to follow. So glad you could make it Snid, you're a great teacher!!!

GROW 3 - PK & CBD - Week 4 - Started training this week for the CBD whose name is Kris. This is my first time training and I am so excited to take the risk. My PK whose name is Kara, is growing strong. Still the thickest stalk I've ever seen on a PK compared to previous attempts. Just can't wait, but must exercise patience.

IMG_26289.jpg

GROW 4 - AK Clone - Week 1 - Her name is Clonepatra - First time cloning but optimistic that I can figure this process out. I know I have to wait about 2 weeks for a possible root. This will save me lots of money to clone, but then I won't be able to train her and that is a big deal. I will probably do 50/50 if I can master this technique. Don't you just love mother nature. How can this organic plant NOT be considered as a medicine? Fear mongering...hahahaha

IMG_257616.jpg

GROW 5 - PK ( Valerie ) & NL (Mary) - Week 2 - Now I had a great idea if I can nail this experiment. As I read more about training, it looks like my pots are a bit too small compared to what I see out there. Soooo, I had an idea of using one of my wired bin slates and place it on top of my new sprouts and use that for training. Now I imagine, this wired slat would help me train beyond my pot size. Thus allowing me to spread out my grow for a larger horizontal grow. If my theory proves me right, I will be able to tie down further, which will yield more grow than a 10 inch pot would allow. I have clipped the wired slat on to the pot so it doesn't move and had to apply the wired slat before any of the seedlings grow too large for training on this experimental contraption. Well only time will tell. Welcome to my lab of experimental growing to help me retrain my brain. Have a great day everyone!

IMG_266222.jpg
IMG_266118.jpg

I have made it! Loved reading the intro and seeing what you going on. Sucks to have all of that going on but I have to say that the garden is a wonderful place of peace and healing. :Namaste:

The wired slat is a great idea. We have a bunch of those and have though about using them like a SCROG or tying branches off to it. You are going in the right direction. Keep it up!

Your screen should be 6-10 inches above the soil. I use a tomato cage when I do that. Shorten the legs on the cage with some wire snippets and bury the legs in the pot. Use zip ties to secure the screen to the cage. Just a suggestion.

IMG_007557.JPG
IMG_007362.JPG
20160119_091710.jpg
20160112_104258.jpg
20160112_080735.jpg
20160104_143625.jpg
20151229_095613.jpg
20151218_134629.jpg
005-200.jpg
005-100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom