Nordic Guerilla - 55° North Outdoor Auto Grow

PurpleGunRack

Hi 420! Welcome to my 2016 outdoor guerilla grow:welcome:

A mate and I has set up a guerilla grow for this summer, hidden in a clearing in some dense prickly bushes we have 4 different feminised autoflowering strains, 10 plants in total.

We're growing at the 55° northern latitude in a coastal climate, the summers can be quite hot and/or quite wet with weeks of overcast/rainy weather.

9 plants are in 20L buckets with holes drilled in the bottom for drainage.

1 plant in a SWICK test run in a 4 gallon smart pot sitting on ~10cm of rinsed perlite in a 45L bucket. Hopefully this will be more water efficient, which would be a huge plus as all water has to be carried to the spot.
I'm also looking forward to see if the SWICK makes it possible to only visit once a week to feed, and also be an insurance against plants drying out.
This could prove to be a major improvement in the amount of effort we'll have to put into these type of grows.

Medium:

Biobizz Light-Mix with a generous amount of rinsed perlite added.

Nutrients:

Full Biobizz regime, but they'll get only Bio-Heaven once or twice in the beginning.

Protection:

A secluded grow spot deep in The-Evil-Forest-of-Many-Thorns.

The bucket walls lean outwards and has an edge making it hard for snails to climb the pot.

Single plant mini green houses made from 2L clear plastic bottles with 5mm holes drilled for air flow, bottom cut off and cap and stickers removed.
This will protect the young plants and help them make more of the early summer sun and stay a bit warmer through the night.

Once the mini green houses are removed a snail protection device will be placed on the base stem of each plant.

The spot could be a deer rest area, so we might put up some kind of fence at the entrance to the clearing.

Strains:

3x Berry Bomb Auto - Bomb Seeds
3x Auto Frisian Dew - Dutch Passion
2x Think Different - Dutch Passion
2x Auto Night Queen - Dutch Passion

The Frisian Dew and Berry Bomb is supposed to have some degree of mould resistance, which will probably put to the test with the high summer humidity.

The seeds were set to germinate in paper towel on the 6th of may and three days later 9 had sprouted and all were planted, and luckily all 10 broke soil.

The plants are still very small but looking nice and healty:)

Group shot Day 13 from seed

WP_20160518_20_03_25_Pro.jpg

The SWICK setup

WP_20160508_21_02_30_Pro.jpg

The mini green house

WP_20160518_20_01_53_Pro.jpg

Frisian Dew in SWICK Day 13 from seed

WP_20160518_20_02_09_Pro.jpg

Questions and comments are more than welcome

:Namaste:

Im interested to see how this turns out. I also am growing auto frisian dew right now. Mine are at 9 and 10 days old so we will have a similar finish time. im also working on an auto guerilla grow.

did you sprout them outdoors, or start them inside and transplant?

Im interested to see how this turns out. I also am growing auto frisian dew right now. Mine are at 9 and 10 days old so we will have a similar finish time. im also working on an auto guerilla grow.

did you sprout them outdoors, or start them inside and transplant?

Hi lingzhi, nice to have another guerilla grower on board:)

The seeds were germinated in paper towel and then planted in the buckets(final pot) outside, so all outdoors and no transplanting.

Subbed

I envy your little gorilla spot. im in a deer stronghold were i am at. Hate these damn weed loving thin cow looking bambi bastards.

Do like Cheech's cousin and grow a lot of plants around your good plants, so the deer will be too stoned before they reach your good plants;)

Do like Cheech's cousin and grow a lot of plants around your good plants, so the deer will be too stoned before they reach your good plants;)

Cheech & co. is always a fountain of profound wisdom an knowledge but hmmm don't know if a 500+ plant buffered gorilla grow is the best way to go in the nature around the "ghetto" i live in. i think it will not be the deers walking around stoned down on the medow in the morning dew :cool: not to be stereotypin or nothing here but we do have alot of chilled out african type of dudes around these parts also including my etiopian adoptive teen brother :ganjamon:

Day 24 from seed

We visited the spot yesterday and all the plants are still alive:slide:
The spot is absolutely teeming with mosquitos and ticks so it's not so enjoyable to hang out there anymore...

The mini green houses has been removed because the plants were getting too big.
One of the Berry Bomb Auto and a Think Different are looking a bit sad, hopefully they'll recover soon.
All the girls except the 2 scrawny looking ones got their first Bio-Grow (0,5 ml/L water)
The SWICK is almost dry and will be probably refilled next visit.
We set up a 80 cm fence around the entire spot to hopefully deter deer from entering our spot. The picture is a gritty but you can see where the two ends of the fence connects;)

Group shot

WP_20160528_20_50_18_Pro.jpg

Sick Berry Bomb Auto

WP_20160528_20_51_04_Pro.jpg

Sick Think Different

WP_20160528_20_51_29_Pro.jpg

The fence

WP_20160528_21_16_26_Pro.jpg

Hey PGR!

I thought the mosquitoes and ticks were a hot weather thing, but it's obviously related to wild vegetation.

I make a mixture of lavender, lemongrass, clove, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils and spray my gardening clothes with it before I go down to Narnia which is filled with mosquitos and ticks; it gets worse as the heat progresses.

Everything is looking good there, the two pouty girls will soon perk up. :goodjob:

Hey PGR!

I thought the mosquitoes and ticks were a hot weather thing, but it's obviously related to wild vegetation.

I make a mixture of lavender, lemongrass, clove, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils and spray my gardening clothes with it before I go down to Narnia which is filled with mosquitos and ticks; it gets worse as the heat progresses.

Everything is looking good there, the two pouty girls will soon perk up. :goodjob:

Hi Bapple:)

Well it is a summer thing here, but those critters are almost everywhere on the planet.
The mosquitos are not disease bearers here, but the ticks in some areas here can infect you with lyme borreliosis and TBE.
When the first frost comes creeping some november day I'll be silently smiling, imagining the death screams of a billion blood sucking monsters;)

Thanks for the recipe and the kinds word, I really hope the 2 wrinkly ones recover soon :Namaste:

Hey PGR!

used rosemary and mint leaf mixed with aloe vera (aloe is for strengthening the plants SAR Systemic acquired resistance) for my plants spidermites infestation last summer it did wonders for the plants overall health and got rid of all critters love those home made remedy's

chrysanthemum extract tea should also be a good thing for getting rid of some critters.
they sell it in garden shops bottles for pretty big bucks, but it cost near to nothing making it yourself

Actually maybe buying a bit of rosemary plants at a shop splitting them up and putting a bit of it in the pots to grow near each plant could maybe keep some mites etc from atacking the plants all together cus rosemary smells really strong when growing. then you won't need to spray as much perhap?

Rosemary seems to be a powerful ally, SolMJ had a spidermite infestation and fought them succesfully with rosemary oil.

My grandmother used to plant chives among the other vegetables to keep flies away.

I might throw some different herb seeds in the soil at the spot and see if some grow on its own, I have more than enough work dragging water out there to 10 thirsty ladies;)
''Luckily'' so far the bugs are only attacking us and not the plants:)

Am subbed in seen as i seen you liking my posts in my grow. Good to see what you end up with. My autos are similar in size to yours and started around the same time. This heatwave we are getting is expected to last till august. Just as well you are watering yours although it gonna be hell carrying all that water all the time. Have you ever grown in the ground before or even considered it? May be a bit easier as roots will grow more and search deeper for water meaning that in really hot times they will still get water and the ground will retain it well. I would still consider pellets as a secondary line of defense against slugs and make sure you got no tall grass nearby and hanging over/touching your girls as slugs will use that as a bridge. Not good to hear about the flying critters. Midges are a problen in this country as you well know but the last 2 or 3 visits i havent had that problem due to the lack of rain.

Welcome along Glasgrow :)

Yeah we peaked at 29 degress C yesterday and today as well, about 35 above my comfort temp;)

The spot they're in now could easily be prepared for growing in the ground, we just prepared for the same spot we used last year, which is too svampy, but the cover plants there haven't grown big enough yet- I'm suspecting they are biennial...

Next year we plan to grow in the ground too with some local photoperiod strains and some autos.
I hope the SWICK turns out to be a water saver/storage so the water use will be more efficient and less trips will be necessary, time will tell:surf:

Day 28 From Seed

We did a water run yesterday, and all 10 girls are still alive.

The sick Think Different is doing better and the sick Berry Bomb Auto is still in bad shape, but it looks like the new growth is going to come out OK.

There's a heat wave at the moment and it should last at least the next week, so more water runs ahead:phew:

Right now we get around 17 hours of daylight so the girls should be able to get a lot light now and hopefully grow big and sticky:)

Group Shot

Day28FromSeed.jpg

Sick Berry Bomb Auto

WP_20160602_21_22_13_Pro.jpg

looking gooooood ;)

oh yeah you were talking about the slugs and stuff some days ago. i just remembered reading once a bit of a fun fact.

putting cobber wire around the pots or somewere you don't want slugs to eat your crop will provide a small current when slugs pass over it so it will turn around and go back to avoid the pain. never tried but i sure as hell am going to in my veggiegarden next time i come across some worthy cobber wirering :riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom