Can I Take Clones From An Auto Flowering Plant?

MoonLightWalk

I have a few auto flowering plants (Early Miss, Northern Lights, White Widow, AK, Blue Dream). Can I take clones from an auto flowering plant?

I have read clones are at the same life cycle as age of the plant when they were removed...and since the life cycle of these strains are 7-8 weeks, it will not do any good to take a clone since there will not be time for the plant to grow before flowering?

I was under the impression you could keep taking clones and have an endless supply of plants.

You have read right. Autos are on a finite amount of time. So if you take a clone from an auto it will only live and and flower as long as its mother was supposed to..... I am new to autos and indoors but after careful research I've come to this conclusion. I hope this helps you moonlight if you hear something different please let me know Good luck
. :welcome: to :420:

That is correct! If you take a clone from an auto plant that is say 30 days old for example, then that clone will also be at day 30 and will start flowering before it has time to grow. That is the big downside to autoflower plants, but I love them either way :)

You have read right. Autos are on a finite amount of time. So if you take a clone from an auto it will only live and and flower as long as its mother was supposed to..... I am new to autos and indoors but after careful research I've come to this conclusion. I hope this helps you moonlight if you hear something different please let me know Good luck
. :welcome: to :420:

I ordered some seeds a while back, and one strain was an auto flowering type, but I was not aware of this. I treated this plant the same as any other I had or was growing, and took clones at the time I put them into flower (not realising they were autos) The clones grew the same as any other clones, and they cycled through the flowering room the same as any other. Only when I realised from the literature provided with the seeds that they were autos did I change my way of dealing with them. So perhaps there is something here to be explored.

Yes - but a friend of cloned autos F-1 --F-2 F-3 , ect - he found that the plant don't get a big as their parent -- decrace in plant size don't under stand why to clone autos' really -but each to there own

I have a few auto flowering plants (Early Miss, Northern Lights, White Widow, AK, Blue Dream). Can I take clones from an auto flowering plant?

I have read clones are at the same life cycle as age of the plant when they were removed...and since the life cycle of these strains are 7-8 weeks, it will not do any good to take a clone since there will not be time for the plant to grow before flowering?

I was under the impression you could keep taking clones and have an endless supply of plants.
Sorry No that's 1 reason I don't do autos with a photoperiod plant you can reveg it after you flower it once to get clones just gotta switch the light back to18 and feed veg food and do some trimming and after awhile Viola a new mother I'll attach 4 photos to show you. Green Kush it was harvested in may put outside on june1 2023 the last photo is where it is today usually I get them done in Apr to give them more time or I just do it inside under a light

IMG_20230609_162938.jpg

IMG_20230612_115914.jpg

IMG_20230718_112537.jpg

IMG_20230722_091224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom