Emmie's Breeder's Run #2 - Chocolate Cheese x Blowfish F2 By Santero

Surprise! I have two sets of seeds going now from Santero!

I have also started 5 of these to go along with the other Blowfish cross...

This cross is Chocolate Cheese (Medina Cut) x Blowfish F2 male

Blowfish of course is the G13 cross we talked about before and should be providing a lot of the mind numbing qualities that we expect from this cross.

Regarding the CC, here is what Santero said about it in August of last year:
fxbf.png

I am excited about this new cross with the Blowfish and expect this to be some of the best smoke I have ever produced.

DSCF5705.JPG

DSCF5713.JPG

These 5 plants are doing well and growing like the genetically superior plants that they are. Already we are seeing the 6th node start to develop on two of the plants and I have been sharpening my topping scissors. These are already promising to be amazing plants and I am getting excited to try another trick with this run.

I will be moving from solo cups to 2 gallon smart pots at some point in the future, and then from those to 7 gallon final containers in about 6 weeks, and am looking for even better roots systems than I am used to, because of it.

So far, the plants have gotten nothing but water. They are planted in a layered mix of Subcool's supersoil, cooked for over a year and with several generations of plant debris added back to it, in the bottom third of the cup, a 50/50 mix of this and Roots Organic in the middle and unmolested Roots Organic at the top. In about a week, I will be brewing up a veg compost tea to give the microlife a boost.

Here they are now, at 14 days above ground:

ccbf_family.JPG
ccbf2.JPG
ccbf1.JPG

Looking good! Thanks for looking in on my garden! I hope yours is doing at least as well!
Blessings,
Emmie

These 5 plants are doing well and growing like the genetically superior plants that they are. Already we are seeing the 6th node start to develop on two of the plants and I have been sharpening my topping scissors. These are already promising to be amazing plants and I am getting excited to try another trick with this run.

I will be moving from solo cups to 2 gallon smart pots at some point in the future, and then from those to 7 gallon final containers in about 6 weeks, and am looking for even better roots systems than I am used to, because of it.

So far, the plants have gotten nothing but water. They are planted in a layered mix of Subcool's supersoil, cooked for over a year and with several generations of plant debris added back to it, in the bottom third of the cup, a 50/50 mix of this and Roots Organic in the middle and unmolested Roots Organic at the top. In about a week, I will be brewing up a veg compost tea to give the microlife a boost.

Here they are now, at 14 days above ground:

ccbf_family.JPG
ccbf2.JPG
ccbf1.JPG

Looking good! Thanks for looking in on my garden! I hope yours is doing at least as well!
Blessings,
Emmie

Plants look great.

(veg, day 20)

All is well with these very strong plants. CC is growing with very tight internodal spacing and is already aggressively sending out lower and side growth. The lead plant out of the 5 has already produced its 6th node and I have topped the 7th growth tip. The wet/dry cycle is about 48 hours right now in the solo cups, and it looks like the biggest plants are ready to go to the 2 gallon smart pots this week. All the plants are showing extremely strong transpiration and correspondingly thick trunks and rapid growth.

The lighting is 200w of Agromax T5 Pur Par bulbs for now, running 24/0. As the plants continue to get more complex, all of the lights will be turned on, with 500w of this amazing purple light.

The upcoming up-potting will be done per my normal method... the bottom 1/3 of the container will be well cooked supersoil, with the top fill being Roots Organic. After this initial topping, LST training methods will be employed to enhance lower and side growth, and the top buds will be aggressively topped when the chance exists to split that branch.

Long term, the bloom tent will be busy for another 5 weeks. That is my timeframe to shape these plants, produce clones, isolate the males, and produce some pollen to use on a couple of the girls once they go to flower. It is all about having a good plan... and then sticking to it. That last part is usually my problem. :)

Here are the pictures!

cc177.JPG

cc277.JPG

Here is the leader, sporting her recent and sudden evisceration:
cctopping77.JPG

And lastly, here is a side shot so you can see the internodal spacing and the already aggressive side growth... this plant wants to grow!
ccside77.JPG

I will try to get some more updates on my other projects done in the next few days... you just can't imagine how busy it has been at work recently. My plan is to get some white light in the bloom tent so that I can show off the pretty buds developing in there... the Acapulco Golds, Sugar Black Rose, Knockout, Super Iced Grapefruit, and my latest creation, AKCrack47. At just about halfway through, these buds are starting to look quite impressive, and I so want to show them to you. Only so many hours in the day however... If any of you get some extra ones you don't need, send them my way.

Blessings from my garden to yours,
Emmie

All of our Chocolate Cheese got their up-potting today. As described above, the bottom third of the 2 gallon smart pot clones was filled and packed with Subsonic Supersoil that has been cooking and actively composting for over a year in a plastic trash bin in my garage. The fill was with Roots Organic original and great care was taken to firmly pack the soil along the sides of the containers. There were several reasons for this extra effort to really pound soil around the edges of these containers, first to correctly shape out the bag and the rootball to the actual shape of the bag, second, to make it easier to water, with water tending to flow toward a slightly sunken middle instead of down the sides. Third, I just wanted to see if it would make a difference.

This was one of the most developed of the group, but all of them were starting to wrap around the bottom. So far there are no indications up top that this had caused any stress, as even the cotyledons are all still looking fine. It is my theory and experiment at the moment to prove that the best moment to up-pot from the solo cup is at or right before the first topping or application of LST pressure. It is my supposition that just as the lower and side growth accelerates as a result of apical node stress, so does the roots. As above, so below they say. From here on, I will be using a combination of topping, LST and supercropping to expand the plants out and keep them short. While I am doing this, I really want to give the roots the room that they need to expand out correspondingly.

I will also start using my dandelion rooting supplement/nutrient with the next watering... this time they got plain RO water.

DSCF57432.JPG

Here is a shot of our leading CC, undergoing some LST training after her recent topping. Soon I will be changing out the pipe cleaner for wire hoops on each of the 4 top branches and with a combination of topping, supercropping and LST, I plan to keep these plants short and bushy, and indeed I seem to get a little better at that on each run that I do.

cdsplit.JPG

Here is a shot of the entire veg tent at the moment, 2 ChemDog x Blowfish and 5 Chocolate Cheese x Blowfish
veg_3_weeks.JPG

A quick update today... all of the Blowfish hybrids are doing well... still no signs of sex, and we are continuing with their training. Two of the plants have gotten ahead of the others and already have undergone the full LST treatment after the first topping. Here they both are, splayed out so all can see their glory and there massive potential. From here on out we will be pinching each leading growth shoot, forcing them to stay short and bushy. Clones will also be taken soon for a second production run later. Males will be isolated and pollen collected. Any females in this bunch of 8 will be sent to production and two branches of each will be pollinated to produce some very potent seeds, seeds that will be crossbred back to the 5 original BFxCC that I still have in my collection, seeking to maximize the F2 Blowfish influence in my second batch of seeds.

First, two examples of topped once and then severely LST'd to the edges to open up the middle, and then a picture from above of the result.

training_12.JPG

training_23.JPG

training_top.JPG

Training is going very well, and so far I have been able to keep everyone right where I want them vertically. 3rd and 4th nodes on the top two are going to try to become dominant next and I am going to try very hard to FIM each one of them. The 4 corners are starting to go vertical and they will be topped a couple of times before we are done, but not more than that... it seems after 3 or 4 toppings you run the risk of stunting that branch in the end.

Please pay close attention to my next sentence. These plants were all watered a week ago and still do not need water. I expect that I will be watering tomorrow or the next day, and I expect that wet/dry cycle time to greatly reduce upon the next watering as they mature and get ready to show me some sex.

Here are a couple of examples of the aggressive training:

DSCF58181.JPG

DSCF5816.JPG

We are down to a 5 day watering cycle now... 1 male has been isolated and one female... we are down to 5 going to flower so far.

Here is a look at the canopy today... I am quite proud of how flat and even it has turned out to be, with these very complex plants. I am thinking it is going to be a good run.

By the way, they got their first dandelion flowering extract and fish water on their watering yesterday... along with one drop of superthrive and a couple of tablespoons of aloe vera water. Next time we will hit them with their first AACT... and I already have the fresh earthworm castings from my farm bubbling. They should really take off at that point.

DSCF5878.JPG

Wow! What an honor! I made some notes in the other thread, but here is a quick update on this line. I have 5 out of 10 started and all 5 were viable and very vigorous. One early on threw out a pistil while I still wait on the other 4. Last night I saw at least 2 of the others with clear male signs. I do have at least one strong female though and I will be working with her and will pollinate one of her branches with CC pollen and one with CDIBL pollen. My plan is to cross them back to whatever the 5 remaining seeds produce for me.

Thanks on looking in on my projects... I do try to keep busy. Say hey to my Georgia friend when he surfaces... he has been awol for a few months and I need him to find this grow.

lol, now I am seriously intimidated! I have never had the actual breeder looking over my shoulder before! So very nice to meet you sir, you are one of my heroes! I wonder how many here will recognize your name immediately?

Hope to have some comments regarding pheno's and such as we move along and we see some flowers. This has suddenly gotten a lot more fun!

looking really nice ...
i'll tag along if i may ;)

big up for your projects.

Welcome to :420:, Santero! :welcome:

Emmie speaks very HIGHLY of your breeding skills and we all have great respect for Emmie, so it's great to have you here! :high-five:

Personally, I have two favorite strains: Indica & Sativa! :rofl:

female_confirmation.JPG

Here is the one female who committed early. She is shy, and try as I might, I can only find 2 sets of pistils... even though she has been on 12/12 for 3 days to entice the others to show.

The obvious male on the Chemdog side showed early, as they typically do. The precocious female (there is one in every crowd) also showed early... but all the rest... the remaining CD, and 4 of these CC just refuse to show me for sure. I keep thinking, if they were male, I would know by now.... and several of the preflowers are still sitting down on the notch and not rising up, but no pistils. It is my theory that the male influence is strong is this run... and they want to go that way... but they know, deep in their hearts that females rule. They are trying. I am patient. Sort of.

Spotted another CC female yesterday... so that is 2. Only one still undetermined... pretty certain the other two are male... starting to see what looks like multiple structures.

Once we have our sexes figured out, the females will be up-potted to the 7 gallon smart pots and the males are going to go out to the back porch to do their thing alone...

Soon we will have pollen collected from both the CC and the CD males, and we will selectively and carefully pollinate one branch of our girls with each. Same treatment will be given on the CD side with our one female there.

i have fingers and toes crossed for you to find many girls to enjoy and hope the males
create some beautiful offspring for you. i feel honored to be so welcomed by you and
the other very friendly people here.

Blessings from their breeder is what they needed, and tonight I am pleased to report that now all 5 plants are showing sex. The two boys are now in the flower room learning to be men, and the girls have been sequestered to the veg tent to continue vegging. So, now we know what the next run will look like in bloom.... 3 cc, 1 cd, 1 Knockout reveg, and I think I am going to do a couple of autos in 3 gal smartpots just because I won some great Dutch Passion "Masters at Work" autos, that I really don't want to waste. We will also see how the reveg goes... i might add a couple more autos if it doesn't go well, because these seeds just look incredible, AutoMazar, Auto Durban Poison, Auto Blackberry Kush, Auto Frisian Dew... makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

And then what is going to happen here... 3 CC and one CD. This next run will likely be one of my best.

Back
Top Bottom