Size of light? LED 450W x2 and 3-4 red ufo
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70s -80℉
RH of Room/cab? 40%- 70%
PH of media or res? 5.8- 6.0
Any Pests ? Not yet
How often are you watering? Drain to waste multiple feeds per day in flower
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced nutrients ph perfect coco

Welcome to my 2nd grow journal. I grew cheese from AMS seed company last grow with the same G8 lights and pulled in 14oz. The bud is so dense and the smoke is excellent but I plan to beat that! I got in contact with Dormgrow and AMS to let them know I was so impressed id be willing to do a sponsored journal. My seeds from Amsterdam marijuana seeds came in the mail a little faster then I thought they would and am not ready to sow yet. I wanted to get my journal started even though I probably won't put anything in coco until Sunday

IMAG16182.jpg

The seeds came fast, without issue

The plan is to start 5 girl scout cookie xtrm seeds from AMS and scrog 4 of the best plants. I will do coco drain to waste with advanced nutrients ph perfect coco line.

My first grow ever was in soil under a 1kw light. I had so many problems trying to keep my 4x4 tent cool and wasted so much $ on a/c. I live in an apartment so the air conditioning isn't the most efficient. After all was said and done I came out with half a pound of bud. I told myself I'd never use the hps again. It's a fire hazard, it's hot and expensive to run. So I ended up buying 2 G8 450 panels really draw is 280w each and 3 red ufo real draw 72w each though I'll probably add 1 more. The estimated total draw was 776w. I was really happy pulling off 14oz from a lazy grow under the led. I really like that the lights are individual too so I can turn them on as I need them! This will be my first time using these lights during the summer months so we will see how efficient this grow is. One thing though would be the awful headaches I'd get with any grow light and it would be hard to be in the tent for long periods of time even with some cheap Amazon "led grow glasses." They we're awful and let so much light in. Those glasses just made things worse for me.

IMAG16203.jpg
IMAG16193.jpg

That's where these bad boys come in. I am in love with them! I buy quality equipment to grow quality weed but why did I let me eyes suffer for so long? Method 7 cultivater led. They change the color of the led for magenta colored grow lights and protect you from all uv. They give the eye complete light protection all the way around and I can now sit in my grow room lights on, just chill, listen to music, and be with my girls.

More pics of my set up to come.

Big update with lots of pics.
FullSizeRender133.jpg

Here are the seeds
IMG_371213.jpg
image13877.jpeg

I soak them in RO water for a few hours.
IMG_372112.jpg

I put the cup in my humidity dome for the heat pad
IMG_374110.jpg

1/4 tsp of each part in 1 gal of RO.
IMG_375213.jpg

I don't plan on checking PH. I use a turkey baster to water the coco. I used botanicare because I had a lot left from my last grow
IMG_375313.jpg
IMG_375112.jpg
IMG_375713.jpg
IMG_37208.jpg

Used a skewer to put the seeds in the coco and put the cups in the dome for heat and to stay moist. I'll lift it up now and then for fresh air until the seeds pop.

I don't like how all the tents have flaps on the sides for intake. I made some crazy contraption with an air filter but I wasn't happy with it. After consulting with my better half we came up with this! Louvers I Velcro'd on. I'll probably hot glue gun them on. This is what it looks Iike with just the louvers on the inside. A lot better then before!
IMG_37389.jpg

IMG_37379.jpg

And here with two sets of louvers. One set inside the tent. Brow outside
IMG_37355.jpg

IMG_37289.jpg
IMG_373014.jpg
IMG_37318.jpg

White inside. Pretty much light proof! My wife cut the flaps off but they are pretty much usable if I want. Need one more for the back and I'll be good but even without the back outside louver less light comes in now then ever before for me.

IMG_372210.jpg

My home made light hanger. I like to hang my lights from two points like hps
IMG_371814.jpg

IMG_37179.jpg
IMG_371614.jpg

IMG_371512.jpg

IMG_371413.jpg

I needed more places to hang from in my gorilla tent. So I put some kinda welded wire I found at home depot over the support bars but under the fabric roof of the tent. Love that I have side access. Will come in handy for the Scrog. Still trying to figure out the best place for my wall mount fan.

I like your set up man! Looking forward to watching this grow out. I really like your thinking with the louvers. My screens from the opening are constantly dirty. I try and clean them often, but I'm sure there is plenty of dust/ debris in my tent. lol. Thank God for budwashing!!

Thanks for stopping by my journal btw. :thumb:

UD, welcome! Glad to have you. Yeah Mrs. BF has some great ideas, I'm a lucky guy! I will probably hot glue some Velcro to the tent so I can pull it off for a good vacuuming. The pull and stick stuff isn't working the best.

Ok so they got watered today for the first time. 1/4 tsp of AN sensi grow ph perfect A+B into 1gal RO. Didnt check ph, used about half a gal total. 6/28 turned on both G8 450 Lights on a 20/4 cycle. 560 total watts at the wall. It's been hot here in socal but not having any problems with temp. Even with my inefficient Apt A/c set to 80℉ but I will continue to monitor as it gets hotter.
IMAG16733.jpg
IMAG16722.jpg
IMAG16713.jpg
IMAG16703.jpg
IMAG16692.jpg

Did a little work in the tent today. Hot glued the Velcro on the louvers to the tent and moved the filter to the middle between the lights.
IMAG16822.jpg

Here are what the temps are looking like.
IMAG16793.jpg

Room temp at intake
IMAG16803.jpg

Grow room temp on reflective surface.
IMAG16811.jpg

Temp on leaf/canopy

My apt doesn't really get over 81℉ so this grow is a lot easier to manage then my 1kw hid grow last summer. Plant pics on watering day. 1 or 2 more days till I water again.

Plants got watered yesterday, 1/2tsp of each part in 1gal RO. I'm counting 6/28 as day 1, on the 19th will be 3 weeks. I will start to water every other day until transplant. Will post pics later. Woke up around 3am last night and checked the temps. 69℉ at canopy. I can't keep it so cold in my room! Added great white to my veg regiment

Back
Top Bottom