First Ever Grow - LED Lighting - 4x4 Tent - OG Kush

DavidHooper

Hey all, first attempt ever at growing. (Any plant really for that matter) Did my research beforehand and I can say everything is going rather well! Have had a few bumps along the way but so far so good in the grand scheme.

So the details -
OG Kush (7 Plants) Did not intend to do a sea of green but what the heck did I expect to happen with 7 plants??? Woops. Oh well SOG it is. Experimented with FIM'ing 3 of the 7. In hind sight I wish I had FIM'd all 7, but oh well, next time. NO LST or supercropping this go around.

Currently at week 2 of flower.
Was given the clones and they had a rough early life. Hanging out on my buddies kitchen table for a week, light schedule all wonky. That's when I decided to take the plunge and order all the gear. (Wow, and now I'm currently looking into even more gear, hahahaha)

Indoor grown in a 4x4x7 Tent

Soil grow using Promix potting soil. Next time I think I will go with sunshine number 4. Would much rather have no pre existing "time release" nutes in my soil! I like to know exactly what I'm giving them and not have to guess at what is already in the soil. They're in 3 gallon pots.

Running one single Mars Hydro classic 600W. Debating adding another now that I see how huge these girls have gotten. Debated HPS but feel as though heat would give me trouble.
Fan cooled pulling through a carbon filter. (Not that I need any cooling really the fan is more for humidity, which I am currently struggling with)

Temp at lights off - Right around 70F
Lights on - Right around 75 - 78F

RH around 70 average. MY monitor says low of 57 high of 82 over the last 36 hours. But every time I check its right around 70 - 72. Was great for veg but I am really have a time trying to lower it for flower. Looking at investing in a dehumidifier. (Ugh, even more gear???? What have I gotten myself into lol)

PH right around 6.5 My water is very hard here and halfway through veg they were showing stress. I have since started using RO water, and adding CalMag supplement.
Using the FoxFarms trio of nutes. I started out looking at all sorts of feeding guides but tbh I've ended up just keeping my own log and feeding based on how I see the plants reacting. Made my own feeding guide so to speak.

DAY 1
received_10209651659228972.jpeg

NUTES (Not pictured is CalMag)
Snapchat-8063748460281102395.jpg

Showing some growth, can't recall when these pics were taken. Week or 2 into veg?
Snapchat-1493357059945779484.jpg
20160605_174434.jpg

20160616_173904.jpg

The day I setup the new fan and filter. Plants looking big already.
Snapchat-3025337573532764914.jpg

All the girls out for a close inspection pulled any dead leaves, watered, etc. Starting to look rather large! They were in flower in this photo btw, not still vegging these monsters lol
Snapchat-3723046770521167557.jpg

1 week into flower!
Snapchat-4279607238244074136.jpg

Snapchat-7964307402628523865.jpg

They're now 2 weeks into flower and showing buds. They could really use another LED panel I think. ALSO, defoliating???? How much, and when? Tent is crowded enough as is already. The girls could stand to lose some leaves I'm sure. Don't want to shock them, I'm thinking just a few every day can come off. I dunno? Could use some help with that part if anyone has any recommendations.

Let me know what you all think and thanks for checking out my grow!

Looking great! My ladies are a week old under the 315 LEC. Just clean them up where they need it... if a big fan leaf is shading a bud site either take it off or i would recomend just folding your fan leaves down. thas what i do and they love it. I try not to rape my plants if you know what i mean. Im gentle with them... most of the time :welldone:

Hey thanks man! I'm pretty happy with how well they're doing so far and I feel like I've gained a lot of knowledge already. That's awesome I wish I had ponied up the extra money for a light like that right from the beginning. Then I wouldn't be in a position I am now looking at adding more light hahaha

Pretty excited. I have a 400 watt dimmable ballast on its way. If she puts out too much heat with the 400 HPS I can always switch it down to 200 or 300 watts. I think these girls will do very well with the added light. Seems like the best of both worlds. LED and HPS! Will keep everyone updated.

I'm preparing my 4x4 tent and was gonna throw in 2 P300 from platinumled at full spectrum and 1 250w HPS in the middle just to throw in a bit of juice and it doesn't heat up so perfect cause I don't want to buy a new extractor all I got is a 305 m3/h
I'pm sure it'll do the trick Led are good annyways

Got the HPS running at 75 percent, so 300 watts, and the heat is perfect. 85 degrees directly under light, 74 mid canopy. Around 80 at tips of my tallest plant. I have an air cooled HPS tube but I currently do not have my extraction fan hooked into it. I'm sure if I redid my extraction to pull through the tube I could run at max power no problem.

Hey guys, sorry got a bit busy. Everything is still going well! Will post a photo update soon. LED is anywhere from 6 to 20 inches away depending on what plants go under. They're all different heights and they get rotated frequently. HPS is much higher than I'd like and I am still not able to run at 100 percent power. Too hot... I live in a fairly rural area and the only venting I can find here in 6" is crappy rigid stuff. Just don't have the space in the tent to try use that stuff. I have some good venting on order.... pain in the ass to try hook a 6" cool tube into my existing 4" filter and fan setup. It should be done soon though if amazon ever ships out my vent.

Currently running the HPS at 75% power and temps right up high at HPS level are around 88. I know, hot.... but the tallest tips of the plant canopy are much lower temperature. Around 80F. Plants are not showing heat stress from what I can see so that's good.

The debate in my head is will they like more light and a bit hotter temps or would they benefit from only running at 200 watts and put temps back down into the 70's.

As promised, a photo update. I keep waiting for these girls to pack on some weight. I really hope it happens soon. They're smelling absolutely amazing and covered in beautiful crystal! They've definitely added a lot of weight but I'm really hoping for one big push where they just bulk right up. They should still have roughly 3 weeks to go. Maybe even a month. I've read OG has a decently long flower period. I have a microscope on the way for checking trichomes.

Snapchat-8515367731317994477.jpg
Snapchat-6484758120494958791.jpg
Snapchat-6414214681039743289.jpg
Snapchat-2828883811609197190.jpg

Back
Top Bottom