Here We Grow 2.0 - Bag Seed

itsbrianyo

Hello fellow grow journalist!

I'm kicking off this new thread for my second grow. I never quite finished my first journal so I hope to get some good documentation for this one. However, so far i'm starting this new journal bit late so this first post will catch everyone up to where I am now. If you would like beforehand however you can browse my first grow and see where I started.
Here We Grow! First Grow From Bag Seeds

Moving onto my new setup I'll start with whats been changed. Instead of continuing with my original pvc/poly tent I chose to construct a new box for this grow from wood. The previous tent measured 27"x27"x60" and given I wanted to grow additional plants this time around I went a bit larger with the box and ended up with an area of 45"x28"x60". Here it is below...pardon my laundry
IMG_184228.jpg

The box is made from 2x3 kid studs and plywood constructed into four separate frames connected into one structure which is secured in place by the floor and ceiling pieces. This is located in a small walk-in closet so I made it easy to deconstruct and reconstruct if needed. The ceiling contains a cross bar with eyelet screws to easily swap out light when needed for flowering. Along both sides on the floor I also installed two passive intakes which I will later construct hinged doors to close them when needed.

Now on to the babies. I was able to successfully germinate 3 out of the 4 seeds I acquired. One was lost to the extreme heat we got here in socal early this summer. For the germination process I used the paper towel method and stored the seeds in a small wooden box till the tap roots reached about 1/2in in length. From there I placed my each seed in a 1 gallon pot with FF Ocean Forrest mixed with 25% perlite under two 100w CFLs. Soon the babies broke the surface and have since been bathing under a 2 bulb fluorescent grow light.\\
IMG_152536.jpg
IMG_158724.jpg
IMG_161433.jpg

Now to bring everyone up to speed on the current status. It has been a bit of a battle growing these babies in socal's heat wave without the box completely finished and ventilated properly however things seem to be coming along nicely. I have been able to set up temporary ventilation for the heat coming off my T5 light while I wait to finish the box. Plants have been receiving a healthy amount of ph'd distilled water about every other day. I have also began training the larger of the three plants. Topped it at its third node and used small plant ties to get some LST going.
IMG_184726.jpg
IMG_185425.jpg

IMG_185630.jpg

I am hoping to get some mylar soon to get the inside walls covered. After that my plans are to transplant the babies into 5gal pots, swap out my light for a larger 4 bulb setup, and begin some nutrient waterings. Hopefully I can get some of you to stick around and follow my progress. I've learned some stuff from my first grow and look forward to trying a few new things this time around. I'll also be updating with all the DIY additions to still be done around this new box.

What's up Brian!? Things are looking good up in here! I'll try to help you as much as possible, but if I don't respond soon enough, stop on by our journal and ask questions there. There are a ton of very knowledgeable and helpful people who frequent our journal who can help if we are busy with stupid responsibilities like work. Lol! Stop on over and say high. :passitleft: try some of that home grown Purple Kush. It's delish! I almost forgot. :welcome: to :420:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry to have abandoned this thread for so long. I have however been continuously tending to the ladies and they seem to be doing fantastic. They have been getting fed about every other day with a little over 1L each of distilled water mixed with BioGrow nutrients. I was finally able to get the inside of my box lined with mylar so there is some decent light getting tossed around now. I also added a scrog screen which I was able to make out of some left over materials from my last grow. With all that heres what I've got going on as of today...
IMG_258024.JPG

I got around to making a temporary door for this grow from some scrap panda film I had laying around. I plan to eventually install some hinged doors or maybe some type of roll up door.
IMG_257419.JPG

Here I've now got the girls in 5gal wide pots. I have left just enough extra space in the pot for a nice couple inches of fresh soil and a molasses bath once flowering time comes begins. Training also got to be a mess as you can see but its working out quite nicely now that the screen is in.
IMG_257316.JPG
IMG_257222.JPG

Today I spent my time super cropping a bit and tying some branches down to fill in the last few gaps in the screen. Followed up by giving them a good watering to help them to re-heal and sprout a few new bud sites.

I'm going to do my best to keep this updated as we begin to flower. I'd love to here from some of you on what you think and get this journal back up in the daily mix. Happy growing till next time!

Got a little update today. After some super cropping and a little more training i have filled out the screen pretty nicely and decided to flip the girls to there 12/12 cycle. I replaced the two T5 lamps I had for veg with a 150w HPS. The screen is getting some good light from the HPS which is about 18-20" above the canopy, however it doesn't seem to be getting enough coverage along the sides therefore I may look into adding another 150w. The colder months are coming here in SoCal so it should be a little easier to manage heat inside the tent. As of now its resting around 85f during light hours and down to as low as 70f when the lights go out. As far as feeding goes, up until their last watering they were receiving about 1.5L each of distilled water mixed with 2tbps of Bio- Grow all PH'd at 6.0. With the heat in SoCal sticking around I was watering every other day on this schedule. With them entering flowering and adjusting to the much hotter and intense HPS, yesterday they received a quite generous watering of 3.0L. This was two waterings of 1.5L distilled water mixed with 1 tbsp Bio- Bloom and 1 tbsp Top- Max, and another 1.5L of distilled water mixed with 1 tbsp of Grandma's unsulphured molasses, all PH'd at 6.0. From here forward I plan on watering one time with molasses for every two bio- bloom waterings. Thats all I have for this entry. Now just keeping on eye out for those buds to start forming. Happy growing till next time.:bong:

This is the canopy i'll be working with for flowering. They are only 4 days into flowering. They got about another 1.5L each today of nute mixed water. Female pistils are beginning to show and they've grown about an inch in just the last few days with the more frequent waterings and the much brighter HPS.
IMG_266224.JPG
IMG_266120.JPG

Spent a little to long at HD today and worked up some supplimetal lighting to give the ladies a little something extra during their flowering. These fixtures added 6 sockets that I filled with 4 75w 2700k cfls and 2 100w 6000k cfls. With the 150w HPS dead center I wasn't getting enough light to the sides of the screen. These really help get some better light coverage and also allow me to mix up the light spectrum a bit. Temps are up a bit now with more lights. Seeing about 88f+ so some better ventilation is in my mind now but going to have to save. I'll be lookin for some better growth now but till next time thats all for today.
IMG_272816.JPG

IMG_273321.JPG

Another update today for everyone. Flowering is still in full swing. Buds are getting larger everyday and the sugar leaves have a nice little frost to them. Opened the tent today to some droopy girls so it looks like they're going to start needing some more frequent waterings as they continue to suck everything up to the buds up top. They've also began to give off a nice citrusy scent so looks like we might have some sativa dominants in here. The droopiness allowed me to get a good shot of the amount of colas I'm dealing with here so here is some more pictures for you!

IMG_276912.JPG
IMG_277010.JPG
IMG_277114.JPG

Today we hit 4 weeks into flowering. The ladies are continuing to put on some weight. I am concerned that the growth however may be a bit slow. Can anyone give some feedback based on the pictures or setup as to why I might not be seeing more than what I might have expected?

IMG_285312.JPG
IMG_285414.JPG
IMG_285617.JPG
IMG_285814.JPG

Hello again. Hope everyone's turkey day went well. Since our last update it seems my ladies have been eating quite a bit as well and seem to be getting chunkier now. I have upped their feeding from 2 tsp bio-bloom and top max to now 4 tsp of each per gallon of water. Also the feeding before last I have a double dosage of molasses which their watering. I looked out for nutrient burn but there was little to none. I have also brought the light cycle to 11/13. With this I'm just hoping to speed up flowering by a few weeks. Not sure if one hour is enough. It the ladies seem to be taking off with the new feeding and light changes. Temps have fallen in the last few weeks as well. Box stays at about 75f during lights on and a low of 64f for lights out. Humidity fell into the mid 20's a healthy watering and a little less air circulation has it up to 35 now. Hairs are at maybe 15-20% brown and some leaves are beginning to yellow. My only concern is some branches seem to be very soft and almost hollow feeling. I thought maybe it is related to overwatering. I'm going to let the soil dry up some before continuing with any more watering or feeding to see if that helps but does anyone else have any suggestions as to what this could be? Bueler?!...Bueler?!
IMG_291321.JPG
IMG_291615.JPG
IMG_291713.JPG

Checking back in today with some updates and pics. Everything continues to be going well and not worried at all with bud growth. Changes I've made include reducing the light cycle to 11/13 as well as cutting off liquid nutrients and molasses to begin flushing as we enter into the 8th week of flowering. These ladies hairs are all about 75% red however the trichomes are mostly clear still with slight cloudiness. I'm hoping that over the next week I begin to see mostly cloudy trichomes with some amber beginning to show then I'll pull em! I will check back in soon but until then the best part...pictures!
IMG_299216.JPG
IMG_299420.JPG
IMG_299515.JPG
IMG_299614.JPG
IMG_299714.JPG

Looking for some help today! girls are now on about 80 days of flower and still not seeing many amber trichs forming. There are a few if i dig around here and there but everything looks like about a 50/50 mix of cloudy and clear. For those just dropping in these are a handful of bag seed plants so i have little to no idea what strain(s) I'm working with. Plants have a nice citrusy smell and thinner fan leqaves for the most part so I'm thinking sativa dominant hybrids. I have read around and found that sativa can often stretch into the 80-90 day range for full maturity.

I was flushing for about a week assuming it was time to harvest around 75 days. The buds seemed to become less sticky and the amazing smell they were giving off seemed to disappear. When I noticed the trichs did not seem ready I gave another good feeding of nutes and molasses and the following day they were back to giving off a nice smell and new white hairs appeared. I have seen about three different periods of new white hairs arrive. The most recent being about 5 days ago after the feeding. Those hairs are now about to turn orange so I'm hoping with that I'll see some more amber trichs form and it'll be time to cut em down. I have included some pics below and would appreciate some input if anyone has something for me. Thank You and Happy New Year everyone!
IMG_308913.JPG
IMG_309211.JPG
IMG_30939.JPG
IMG_309617.JPG
IMG_309717.JPG
IMG_309815.JPG

Good afternoon 420 goers! Got the green thumb and chopped the ladies down last night for harvest. Removed the fan leaves and did a very close wet trim then left them to dry. I decided to dry in my tent considering I do not have another grow planned for some time. The screen I had in there worked nicely for holding the branches as they are to dry. Took out all the lights and left in a small usb fan running 24/7 to keep air movement and then set my exhaust fan to run on and off every hour and a half to relieve any excess moisture build up. Going to let buds dry out in the dark for about 4 to 6 days then i'll check on them to see if its time for jars. Heres a few pics i snapped while trimming. Hope you enjoy. More to come on the drying and curing process here shortly.
IMG_311417.JPG
IMG_311514.JPG
IMG_312718.JPG
IMG_312615.JPG
IMG_312914.JPG

I just found this grow myself, its a shame I was too late. But im just starting a similar setup of my own but I am going to use led grow lights. I just have to get my box now. If you want to tag along for the journey you can. The buds look amazing though man. Can't wait to see how much you got in the end of it.

Sent from my LGUS375 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pulled the buds from drying yesterday. The smaller stems were making a snap but the majority still had some flex. With my last harvest I let the buds dry for too long so this time I'm hoping the earlier pull will be better.

Given this was a bag seed grow and each plant seemed slightly different I made sure to keep their yields separate. From each batch I cut the buds from the larger branches and divided them into pint size mason jars. 14 grams in each left the jars about 3/4 full and each plant ended up giving me 3 jars, so 1.5 oz per plant. In addition the trimmings I saved and laid out to dry ended up being just over 14 grams in weight so the total yield this grow is 5oz of usable medicine! my last grow gave me about 3.5oz so I am happy to have upped my weight class with this new setup.

I have the jars sealed and tucked away for now and I'll be burping them daily. I am hoping to get some hygrometers in shortly to help with the curing. Oh and as always...pictures! There is a picture for each plant.
IMG_318721.JPG
IMG_319020.JPG
IMG_319416.JPG

IMG_318423.JPG

Back
Top Bottom