Olhippy's Northern Clime Grow

Olhippy

Hi All

I am starting out for the first time in many years to grow some bud. I live south and west of 52.3995° N, 113.1865° W I could be an hour away or maybe a little more, depends on how fast I drive ;)

I am starting later than I would have liked, however growing was a bit of a last minute decision.

So ok

What strain is it? CKS White Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg I believe - not up on all the terminology
If in Veg... For how long? Approximately 2 weeks old
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoors in a greenhouse for the most part
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Currently a potting soil/sand mix. I am mixing sea soil, worm casting's and peat moss in 12 liter pots when I transplant.
If soil... What size pot? 12 Liter
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? My temp in the greenhose varys from 50°F mornings, to just under 100°F on a nice day. They have been in the sun from day one above ground.
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Usual outdoor insects, I have used Diatomaceous earth and insecticidal soap to date.
How often are you watering? Currently when the small pots seem dry. Depends on how warm the day has been
Type and strength of ferts used? Organic fish bloom fertilizer 2-3-1

There's the technical info, now for the photo's

Oh dear, It seems "You may not post attachments" is in effect so I am not sure what to do here......

Ok changed my browser...

This is my biggest plant again about 2 weeks old.
0062151.jpg
0072009.jpg
0042572.jpg

Cheers
Larry

A beautiful day out today, the girls get to go out and tan in the green house. The five fingered leaves are starting to fill out. Should I consider FIMing soon?

Cheers
Larry
IMG_065243.jpg
IMG_065138.jpg

Things are going good. The 2 plants are growing like weeds..... ;)

I tried a FIM on the big plant, and.......I fucked up and did not cut deep enough so I have clipped off leaves growing. It did stunt growth for about a week which allowed everything below to fill out though. I'm running out of time up here so I wont be pruning anymore.

IMG_068144.jpg

Sitting in the sun

IMG_067636.jpg

The big plant, about 15 inches tall. Starting to get a skunky smell out of her :)

IMG_068243.jpg

The smaller one

So far it's been a problem free grow...

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment

Cheers
Larry

Greeting the morning sun.

They are getting about 16 hours of sunlight at the moment. Growing an average of 1 1/2 inches a day.

IMG_068341.jpg

Cheers
Larry

I must say I have not been this excited since I first started dating my wife 37 years ago.... :D

Curiosity got the best of me and I pruned back the top of my smaller plant. Curious to see what it does......

IMG_070544.jpg

Just takin piccies of the big girl......cause I can :D

IMG_070843.jpg

IMG_071042.jpg

Have a great August long weekend....

Cheers
Larry

Well it's been a good week. Big girl is at 25.5" and Smaller is standing at 18.5" tall. Been doing a bit of pruning. Had a friend come over who has been growing some of late......happens to be what fills my pipe at the moment ;) He suggested that I do some pruning.

Big girl
IMG_071746.jpg

Smaller
IMG_071832.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers
Larry

So here we are at about week 9 and things are going great. I'm seeing some insect damage on the leave but nothing that worries me.

Big Girl is standing about 37-38 inches tall and Small One is about 6 inches behind

sm12.jpg

Smaller_one.jpg

Which brings me to my only issue to date....Big Girl is starting to top the camo screen - still impossible to see from even 10 feet away - however........

IMG_075854.jpg

I nubbed the main shoot and was wondering besides causing it to bush out. would it be detrimental if I keep nubbing off the main stem?

I plan on forcing them sometime over the end of August start of September.....we are down to 13ish hour days then. I was wondering if after I force them, that a 13 hour and shortening day should work as good as 12/12 or will I have to wrap them up every day?

Cheers
Larry

Basking in the September late afternoon sun. The sun is further south now and they get what used to go behind the building during the summer. We are down to 12.44 hrs of daylight with a light frost last night...actually went down to 0 Celsius in the morning. Got a friend out west nearer to the foothills with a couple plants outside, he was telling me it is in good shape. It would have been colder at his place. It flowered naturally about the same time as mine. I have reason to suspect that mine were starting to turn on their own and might not have had to force them.

This morning was about 4 Celsius, or 40 Fahrenheit in the green house, 26 C, or 80 F this afternoon. No ill effects noticed. :D

afternoon_sun.jpg

Smaller one enjoying the glow...

afternoon_sun2.jpg

Big Girl

A couple close ups
IMG_083931.jpg

IMG_083629.jpg

Cheers
Larry

Got called back to work for a bit....was kinda busy. Sorry. ;)

Big Girl and Smaller One are doing good. They have been budding for about a month now,I don't think I will get super big buds however I like what I see for a newbie.

Next summer I will look into different nutes....

Starting to lose my Urban Camo in the green house....

So here are the latest piccies

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers
Larry
t82.jpg
t75.jpg

t66.jpg
t513.jpg
t416.jpg
t317.jpg
t227.jpg
t102.jpg