Arctic Bowl's 1st Ever Attempt At A Grow Journal

Arctic Bowl

This is our 1st ever attempt at a grow. We're rookies at best and will welcome everyone's help to hold our hands thru this. We have two tents for our 1st attempt, a 4x4 and a 4x8 and will be growing in soil FFHF for our seedlings in 4" paper type pots for our photoperiod plants and FFOF in #5 smart pots for our autos. The 4x4 tent has a 400 MH air tube wing style light and the 4x8 tent has twin 600 HPS air cooled lights. Both tents are vented to outdoors with 6" inline fans with speed controls to aid in heat removal. Still getting the feel for things on the 4x4 tent where our babies are now and nothing going on in the 4x8 tent......yet.

For plants we have 3 Green Crack fems that are about two weeks old and seem to be doing well. We also have one Purple Kush fem that took and seems to be doing ok as well. These are our photoperiod plants and the very first seeds we ever germinated in our lives. We're pretty excited that they even survived this long with our complete lack of experience at this. We also just germinated 3 Northern light autos and two train wreck autos. They are in the #5 smart pots but have not poked there selves out as of yet ( one day in soil).

We have meet some very kind and generous people here that are helping us along as we learn the ropes of how to do things on the web site here, we're not very computer literate and pretty much stuble our way along so we ask for you to please be patient with us, we will get there with your help and guidance and know we are trying or best to get with the program.

We will try getting photos up and get the journal link to our signature but it's us not understanding not the guidance we are receiving, lol we pretty much need a step by step, button by button walk thru so it's coming :love::thumb:

Thanks all, we're very new to this whole thing and need all the help we can get. We're looking to grow some weed that can help my wife for the most part. I'm in for just the buzz really. My loving wife has had a tumor removed from her radial nerve ( they had to cut the nerve open to remove the tumor) and is doing pretty well as of today. My thing is all the meds the Docs keep increasing which to some extent help with pain but have done little to help with the repair/ healing process. As time goes on we will give more details but I can't spell most of the meds they are having her take and some are in my opinion very large doeses (2700 mg) but just my opinion not based on any facts other than my gut feeling.

Blessed buds to all!!

Sending positive thoughts to your wife! :circle-of-love:

I found you in sweet sues journal. Don't wait until harvest to make some oil, find the best quality weed or hash and make up some capsules.

I can't imagine you'd need to resize pics, I use my iPad for pics and can't see a way to resize or take smaller pics. When taking pics with the ipad, make sure the home button is on the right or they will all come out upside down. One problem I have with it is I can only download on epic at a time.

In case you didn't see this thread, Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Hi, Arctic, just checking in.

I may be able to answer some of the pill questions you may have. My wife has had six major back surgeries over a period of roughly six years. She had some cord damage from a collapsed vertebra that was removed. Most of the leg control has slowly returned.

If you would not mind tossing out an approximate age for your wife and how long she has been getting treatment, it would give us a better feel for where she is in the healing process.

Best.

Thank you all and great to see you here :love: :circle-of-love::welcome:

We will try not to wear out our welcome with too many dumb questions :) everyone has been soooo great to us and we truely do appreciate it. We have been through two surgeries, one up here in no mans land that was really a " let's go in and look" thing. The good of this was that they had more information and we're finally able to find another Dr. That would at least try that was in Seattle. So, we made a few trips down to Seattle, the tumor was removed from inside the radial nerve in her upper arm. The way the Dr. Explained it to us was they slice the nerve open and then cut the tumor from the nerve.

Now this process has been 2 years long to this point with about 4 months since the tumor was removed. We did pick up some "Meds" while we were in Seattle and are sparingly using them along with her prescription meds. Doctors in Seattle were absolutely fabulous and can't say enough good about them and how well they treated us. We were told it's going to be slow healing ( guess nerves don't like to messed with and heal slowly) and anywhere from several weeks to a year or more. They have her on oxycodine, gabupenton and one other ill have to look. Oxycodine pretty much daily but not everyday, the gabupenton is 3 times a day ( 3, 300 mg each dose). We're finally in physical therapy ( everything moves slow up here) twice a week now. She really hasn't used her arm much through this entire process so this is painful for her as well.

More to come, I can't seem to figure the photo thing out to get pics from my phone to the iPad so the iPads going with me to the shop today so pics tonight..... I hope lol.

Blessed buds to you all and thank you all again!!!!! :circle-of-love:

AC,
With two years training, you probably know most of this. It is just some thoughts and things that can get missed.

Let’s start with Gabapentin, it is primarily used for diabetic neuropathy. 300 X 3 is standard dosing. Most people tolerate it well. My wife does not. It causes water retention, serious leg swelling. So Fursomide may be one of the other pills, it is for water retention. She was probably started on three 100mg. She probably will get some relief from adding some form of CBD. She may want to try dropping the Gabupenton dose down some.

Oxycodone is an instant release opiate. It is typlicaly compounded with Acetaminophen (Brand name Percocet). It is a 4-6 hour medication. 5mg Oxy/325 Acetaminophen(Tylenol) is where most people start.

Oxycodine is a timed release form of Oxycodone and is a 8-12 hour form usually mixed with Acetaminophen. Tipical starting dose is 10mg/325.

Hydrocodone is not as strong or as addictive. It is what a dentist would pass out a few at a time before the Feds cracked down.

Doctors don’t usually spend a lot of time working with patients getting them off of what they prescribe.

If she is managing with only one or two a day, it is probably time to ask if dropping the Oxy in favor of Hydro would be best.

You did not mention any muscle relaxers. ?

Another medication she could be taking is Alprazolam ( Xanax),it is for anxiety. Caution with this one when used with any of the above.

CBD from hemp can be bought at health food stores as a tincture now. The stuff my wife used to get off of most of the above came from a dispensary. Something I have not considered until now is, I don’t know if either is decarboxolated.

Four months post surgery, the worst is in the past. [;>)

Best

Arctic, every time she takes one of the pain meds she should first take one hit of cannabis. This will not only potentiate the opiod (make it more powerful) but will also extend the therapeutic window of the oxy (make it last longer). Be alert though, because this means she may be able to get by with less oxy.

I'm here with the rest of the galley to cheer you on.:cheer: :yahoo: :cheer:

A good CBD strain in a ratio of 1:1 or even 2:1 CBD:THC would do much for anxiety and depression. My daughter used a 2:1 to get off Xanax, and she has an anxiety disorder so bad it's disabling.

image37219.jpg

3 green crack 2 weeks old

We are seeing some yellowish color at the tips of the green crack. They have not been given anything other than straight water ph 6.4 and are planted in Fox Farm Happy Frog. Should we worry about this.?

Thank you all for your help guiding us thru all this, when you don't know where to even start you all are here to get us going in the right direction. And just because we have gotten pics up once won't mean we will be able to do it on our own next time lol. Thank you all sooooo very much!!!!!! :circle-of-love:

We are seeing some yellowish color at the tips of the green crack. They have not been given anything other than straight water ph 6.4 and are planted in Fox Farm Happy Frog. Should we worry about this.?

Thank you all for your help guiding us thru all this, when you don't know where to even start you all are here to get us going in the right direction. And just because we have gotten pics up once won't mean we will be able to do it on our own next time lol. Thank you all sooooo very much!!!!!! :circle-of-love:

I am here too, same as you super newbie. But I can link you to this : Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial for pests and colors of leaves.
And here:Frequently Asked Questions you have most things needed to read.

Hope your wife gets well soon.
I can only say I love these gals and guys here at 420. Everyone will help and remember..you can help back after :)

Back
Top Bottom