Lemon Haze In Coco - 12/12 From Seed - First Journal

Manic4organic

So here we go guys and gals here is the beginning of my first journal. This post will be quite short just providing the basics.
So i have 3 x Royal Queen Lemon Haze seeds (75% sativa 25% indica) that we're placed in 'root riot' starter cubes 2 days ago, none popped yet. As this is a majority sativa strain i am going for a 12/12 from seed just because i have heard so many good things on this forum about this method and im conscious of how much power i will be using so it should be an interesting experiment for me.
Once popped they will be placed into their final home which will be 16L smart pots in a mix of 70% coco 30% perlite precharged with a light dose of biobizz grow nutrients aswell as the stated dosage of ecothrive charge something i picked up at the grow store. Heres a little extract from their literature incase there is anyone unfamiliar with the product:

It's a 100% organic, soil and coco enhancer, made entirely from the droppings of organically reared beetles. It's Soil Association approved for use in growing organic crops.

It's bursting with beneficial bacteria (450m units per gram!), and contains chitin, to boost resistance to pests and diseases.

So hopefully these seeds will pop soon and we can really get the ball rolling then at which point i will provide further info on nutes and lighting aswell as some pictures. But i hope this has been enough info to atleast get you interested in my journal.

So until next time peeps. Happy smoking!

Hello, welcome to the forums. Nice to see another new soil organic grow. I'm curious how are your plants are gonna do. best of luck to you.
I'm currently growing organic myself too. In compost and some soil from old chicken coop, with the help from few worms. I'm currently making some plant tea from weeds. Just put all the cuttings into bucket of rainwater, stir daily and let sit for a week or two. Hopefully that and the compost will be enough to put her through flower. How good is the coco, I suppose it is for better drainage and smoother root growth right? Looking forward to the pictures man. Cheers :Namaste:

Just another update for you guys thanks for the early support.
So here are the photos i missed from the first post
420-magazine-mobile1653748729.jpg

420-magazine-mobile684328583.jpg

Just the selected beans and the root riot starter cubes which seem to be treating now the now popped seedlings well.

420-magazine-mobile1156395743.jpg

I also managed to pick up a slow release co2 box on recommendation from a friend which should bump levels in my 1x1x2m tent up to around 800ppm according to the manufacturer which should serve the plants well.

420-magazine-mobile872997955.jpg

This is the light that will be powering this grow. I did alot of research scrolling through forums before i purchased the light so im looking forward to how it will perform. Its a 400w cob unit from Roleadro, 200w actual draw according to manufacturer and im pleased with the quality of the unit and the operating noise levels and after giving it a 12hr test run in manages to hold the tent at a steady 26 degrees c.

But day 2 after the seeds broke ground
420-magazine-mobile210466169.jpg

The tap roots have just broken through the bottom of the cubes so they will be potted into their final homes if i get chance tomorrow.
But im already going to have to pick you guys brains. Will these seedlings be okay under the light do you think? I will make some makeshift domes for them but i have more than enough height to raise the light so do you think they would be fine aslong as the light is 30"+ above?
Thanks guys have a good day all

yep re bury the stems up to cotyledons , youll be fine without domes , domes can cause dampening off.

goung great mate.

Just another update for you guys thanks for the early support.
So here are the photos i missed from the first post
420-magazine-mobile1653748729.jpg

420-magazine-mobile684328583.jpg

Just the selected beans and the root riot starter cubes which seem to be treating now the now popped seedlings well.

420-magazine-mobile1156395743.jpg

I also managed to pick up a slow release co2 box on recommendation from a friend which should bump levels in my 1x1x2m tent up to around 800ppm according to the manufacturer which should serve the plants well.

420-magazine-mobile872997955.jpg

This is the light that will be powering this grow. I did alot of research scrolling through forums before i purchased the light so im looking forward to how it will perform. Its a 400w cob unit from Roleadro, 200w actual draw according to manufacturer and im pleased with the quality of the unit and the operating noise levels and after giving it a 12hr test run in manages to hold the tent at a steady 26 degrees c.

But day 2 after the seeds broke ground
420-magazine-mobile210466169.jpg

The tap roots have just broken through the bottom of the cubes so they will be potted into their final homes if i get chance tomorrow.
But im already going to have to pick you guys brains. Will these seedlings be okay under the light do you think? I will make some makeshift domes for them but i have more than enough height to raise the light so do you think they would be fine aslong as the light is 30"+ above?
Thanks guys have a good day all
Good choice with the COBs

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Where did you get the co2 box from? Maybe I should look into that as well
I got this from my local grow store but they are easy to find on the internet. This brand is particularly good in the fact that you get the full stated length of co2 production as the substrate and the inoculated material are separate, you have to mix them together then a few days later boom co2 for your lovely plants. Hope this helps and i will be providing updates on the box as it is the first time i have used one.

Sent from my E5823 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I looked into the one youre using and most of the reviews aren't that good, in fact a lot of them complain about them receiving ones that are already activated. Why do you choose to go with that one?
Just recommended by another local grower. I dont believe mine was activated upon receiving the box as there were two distinct mediums seperated by the clip. When searching for a bag co2 source i found reviews of most of the competitors such as the exhale bags that come as you say already activated and generating co2. Hey sometimes ya just gotta bite the bullet and try it dont ya but as not a great deal of people seem familiar with this brand i will give updates on it.

it will work home made co2 gets a bad wrap but it works even just yeast sugar water works if you know what your doing

Just a quick update guys. Been crazy busy at work so sorry for the lack of them.
So 4 days again seedlings were transplated to final home and put under 12/12. I havent seen much growth as of yet, a little from plant 1 and 2 that are now working on second set of leaves but no change on plant 3 yet but im hoping things will really start picking up in the next few days but please dont hesitate to let me know anything extra i could be doing. Just been watering with ph'ed water. Run off was 6.6 last watering.
420-magazine-mobile1788993178.jpg

Plant 1

420-magazine-mobile1540749235.jpg

Plant 2

420-magazine-mobile606424975.jpg

Plant 3

So things picked up abit in plant 1 and 2
420-magazine-mobile1581615521.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1225874307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile352307391.jpg

A tiny bit behind

I gave the pots a full soak through this morning rather than the small bits of water i had been giving it so hopefully this will encourage some more root growth as they chase the water so we shall see if that does them any good.
Will also be knocking up some diy calmag as per the instructions in the thread in the organic gardening section so i have this to hand should it be needed.
Im happy with how things are going so far, i know not much has happened so far im just happy all seems well at the minute. But on the other hand, and im probably going to regret saying this but i almost want some issues as it will give me chance to learn signs of problems and how to fix but im sure all of that is to come haha.
Thanks for the support, happy growing

If the pot is the correct size for a seedling, best way to water is pour water in until run-off comes out the bottom.

Good luck hopefully you get a big harvest :bongrip:

If the pot is the correct size for a seedling, best way to water is pour water in until run-off comes out the bottom.

Good luck hopefully you get a big harvest :bongrip:
The pots are probably a little big for them at 12/12 at 16L smart pots so they have plenty of room to stretch their legs in

Quick update for those of you still following.
Things are looking good though :)
This is day 10 under 12/12, day 17 since seeds sprouting
Plant 1
420-magazine-mobile1261350801.jpg

Plant 2
420-magazine-mobile1523497300.jpg

Plant 3
420-magazine-mobile1041686528.jpg

1 & 2 are working on their 3rd set of leaves and all the plants will be getting fimmed at 4th node. Plant 3 a little slower but its getting there.
All the plants were top dressed today with 15g of the eco thrive mentioned in earlier posts along with 1L of water with a 1/2 dose of biobizz bio-grow (1ml) and 1 tablespoon of molasses so will be interesting to see how they respond.
If things are still looking okay in a few days i may lower the light by a few inches aswell.

On a side note for those of you there heres a couple pics of my little side project. A bonsai auto big bang flowering nicely. Did suffer from too much nitrogen, found out the soil i used for this had slow release nutes but shes looking better after a good flush.
420-magazine-mobile967779712.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1708521338.jpg

Looks nice.

What I meant about the huge pot that the seedling is in is that it =Can= have a higher chance to be drowned because the pot needs days and days and days to dry out.

But anyway keep up the good work they should be alright if you don't flood them :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom