Spitz Tries Ace's Panama & Malawi

Spitz

I've benn slow playing these two for a while. Purposely stunted in solo cups, under watered, etc.. for a while. I honestly can't tell you how old they are. They were moved from solo to 3G to 7G recently and are moving along. It's exponential growth now. This is my first shot at a screen. Curious to see how it works. About the plants...

Strain: Ace's Malawi and Panama (both Sativa)
Light: 450W LED currently. Window to CFL to ALED xml 650 soon.
Soil is FFOF in 3 G to ROots Organic in 7G
Temps 70F to 85F depending on weather/AC etc...
No fertilizer yet but I have GH 3 part and kool bloom

The girls.. Panama on the left and Malawi on the right. Tent is a 4x4 cheepo. Phresh filter and 6" silent fan

I'll take better pics when I get the big light in. I have 2 Panama clones and a GSC in cups. Here they are and a shot of the under side

image16121.jpeg

Ill update every other week or so.... Peace!

re: Spitz Tries Ace's Panama & Malawi

Oh yeah. In the the right place at the right time.
Subbed
:thumb:
Makes me want to sprout my one (1) Panama seed to fully join the club.
Does the ol' lady like sativas Spitz?
Malawi is wonderful but I wish I could smoke more of it. I'm going to leave the next one extra extra long and see if it slows down a little. Keeps me too busy if I smoke much.

Oh yeah. In the the right place at the right time.
Subbed
:thumb:
Makes me want to sprout my one (1) Panama seed to fully join the club.
Does the ol' lady like sativas Spitz?
Malawi is wonderful but I wish I could smoke more of it. I'm going to leave the next one extra extra long and see if it slows down a little. Keeps me too busy if I smoke much.

Ha.. That was quick. Was gonna look you and a few others up in a sec. My dumb ass is trying to show a top view. It may take a few more posts.. Fml.. Welcome WC

Thanks Weasel..

The ole lady loves her sativa. Breast cancer survivor and mom of the century. Personally, I just like to grow plants and these particular ones bring her peace. It's a win win I guess. She's got some Grinspoon, Thai, and a couple others but loves her MAui Wowie that was featured here in the past. I guess she loves her indica too. She is definitely not a snobby consumer! Thanks for following!

Sorry for the botched photos last night. I finally unwound a bit and consumed a bottle or two of wine more than I should have. For us "beer boys", that stuff is dangerous. Swapped out the LED to the Advanced XML 650 this morning. I love this light! It's pricey but I think it's worth every penny. I'm thinking of trying some Timber COBs in the future. Anyway, here they are under the white xmls.

Panama on the left...

image16124.jpeg

Here is the Panama

image16125.jpeg

Here is the Malawi

image16126.jpeg

I think I'll flip the switch in a week or so. I'm trying to have a cured harvest by Christmas.

Allo Spitz nice scrog ya got going :thumb:

I do love a nice xmas harvest myself, i've got a couple of 707 Head Band girls going for that :thumb:

Thanks and welcome. It feels "dirty" running under a screen. I'm trying it "just because". I lost a beautiful purple haze last year as it just ran away from me and outgrew my entire setup in a couple of weeks. These 2 sativas have me a bit on edge. So much so, I flipped to 11/13 the morning after my last post. I think it was a wise move because I'm damn near out of screen room already and I don't believe they've even started to stretch. It's typically pretty boring over here. Maybe I'll try and push these to the limits. Again, thanks for stopping by.

Pictures late tonight or sometime in the AM.

Those Malawis have been co-operative enough for me Spitz. I just keep lashing them down again and again till they stop stretching.
I know what you mean about the screen. Sometimes I take/cut them off after the stretch.

First pic is a Purple Haze (left) and Maui Waui (right) before flipping. The second is those same two a couple weeks later. I cut down the Purple Haze and it was a sin. Hope you are right Weasel. Either way, I should be able to bring these two home. I cloned the Panama as I don't have any more seeds just in case she is special.

image35859.jpg
image35985.jpg

WoW!...those XML's are a lil pricey...very good reviews tho'...if I decide to start switching over next year...will be on a smaller scale(read cheaper...I'm so tight I squeak when I walk...lolool...)...be interesting to get your opinion on a difference on what you're replacing, when all is said and done...Cheerz!...h00k...

Yeah I just keep bending the limbs down - in whichever direction makes the most sense, and tie them to the screen with pipe cleaners (no actual knots just a 180 bend at each end to fasten). With my Malawis I've had what would have been about 24-30" or so of vertical growth, if I had not tied it all flat. If you know what I mean. I really feel like I could just go on tying down limbs indefinitely. The screen gets a bit crowded but there's always a limit to how much bud will grow in a given space. I remove lower growth and some 'extra' limbs and bud-sites and it works itself out.

A bit off topic, but everyone loves plant photos.. Right? I know it's not too busy in here, but a couple of you have some pretty good knowledge. I grew 2 GDPs this spring and cloned them in case momma really liked them. Well, they moved from the deck to garage until it was warm enough to move them outside for good. This plant has enormous leaf mass compared to her mother that was grown indoors. Here is a shot of what mother looked like:

image11633.jpeg

Now she was a decent harvest of real solid flowers. That being said, it wasn't half the plant that her daughter is. The leaf mass of this girl is incredible. The stretch was almost like it was designed for maximum flower production. Two different light sources and seed vs clone of course, but, I couldn't imagine that would make this much difference in structure. This is what baby girl looks like:

image16494.jpeg
image16495.jpeg

Now I suspect it's a combination of clone and sun vs... I also wonder if the difference in stretch and growth during that period had mch to do with the slow transition of light hours into flowering? Just picking your brains. Peace!

Weekend update... They've been on 11/13off for about 12 days now. Flowering is in full go for the Panama. The Malawi is flowering too, but she has more of the traditional sativa onset. They look pretty nice. I think I'm only going to tuck/tie unruly branches from here on out.

Here is a shot of the entire tent. The Panama on the left half and Malawi on the right.

image16769.jpeg

Here is a young Panama flower:

image16770.jpeg

Here is a bit closer look at the Malawi:

image16771.jpeg

I've been watering to a bit of runoff each time. They take about 2Gal each every 2-3 days. Shout out any questions! Peace

Weekend update... Flowering away! We'll call it 2 weeks so far. I think the stretching has slowed/stopped. The tops of the Malawi are 6" from the light and showing no ill affects. I quit tucking branches and am just letting it go. That being said, I do think the screen helped manage the stretch. I probably won't use it again. Otherwise, they've been pretty boring...

A shot of the 4x4

image17113.jpeg

Here is the Panama. Flowers filling in nicely:

image17114.jpeg

And the Malawi;

image17115.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom