First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

Crippled

Hi everyone fed up reading everyone elses threads about grows so started my own ! First timer using as follows :
T5 4 bulb 2 foot for veg 96w total
400w hps dual spectrum for flower possibly considering getting another t5 with the red bulbs instead to hide heat etc.
Tent is a 1mx1mx1.8m with 6 small seedlings varying from 6-9 days above soil. ( canna tera pro with 60% perlite).
Seeds are seedsman ww and advanced critical 4ww 2 crit.
Schedule is 20/4 for now but will drop to 18/6.
One of the ww is growing excellent and is 2x the size of others maybe more. However i stupidly damaged her stem but its not torn just a bit lim its being lst'd quite early my own fault. I also stupidly damaged one of the critical seedlings first true leaves hope she will survive ( yes she they are fem hope they dont herm).
Growth has been quite slow due to me slightly overwatering at the start. Ph is 6.5. Im growing because i suffer from severe depression , ptsd, and 2 seriously damaged knees after a serious road traffic accident not my fault so been off work for ages and will be till next year at soonest. If ive missed anything let me know if anyone can give any pointers to ' boost ' growth (stupid question but you never know). Anyway plants seem as good as can be for now given my mistakes plenty more to be made im sure. Im really enjoying it so far its gave me something to get up for sounds silly but so. Ive literally just dug up all plants and replanted with more perlite most of them were suffocating i think ? Ive got the temp staying at 28c and 60%rh. Im going to water them less now sometimes less is more especially in this case. Any advice guys id appreciate it. Also would a 2 t5 4 bulb 2ft with 6 red bulb and 2 blue work well for flower or stick with the hps i stay in a cold climate so heat can be dangerous. Cheers D.

re: First Grow - 4 Bulb T5 Veg - 400W HPS Flower - Seedsman WW & Advanced Citical

Hi crippled, welcome to the grow family. Sounds like you've been researching and applying said knowledge to your grow. That's what this site is about, good folks helping others achieve their goals of growing great weed. As they say pictures say a thousand words, if you need help with that check my signature. For now I'll say you've done right by your plants by starting a journal, good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

re: First Grow - 4 Bulb T5 Veg - 400W HPS Flower - Seedsman WW & Advanced Citical

No probs buddy cheers for your input pics will be added momentarily

re: First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

Here are the plants please let me know your thouggts especially on the critical with one leaf :(

0FzWLdC.jpg

EfbSob6.jpg

GAIOHH9.jpg

LFLjhvb.jpg

Qsp95EN.jpg

S9MaDVD.jpg

cffRkE7.jpg

d7sM7XC.jpg

g82kVrz.jpg

icdJSLz.jpg

tzzffDd.jpg

They look like little seedlings... Use the "my photos" button bottom left of the editor to insert images into your post from your gallery. I suggest taping the clear pot as to not damage roots with light once they get to the edge. Don't water too much is all I can say at the moment. I'll wait for more pics before passing judgement on them.

KiG :green_heart:

FYI outside image sources are not permitted all images must be uploaded to the 420 galleries

Small update nothing spectacular dont even know if anyones even been reading but the advanced critical #1 with the damaged/torn off leaf seems to be showing signs of new growth so hopefully she pulls through if she is too far behind come time to switch then i'll remove her from the group and try to rig up another area to keep her going. The ww#1 really is taking off i expect she will have the best yield. All the others are slowly coming along i suspect they will be stunted for a few days due to me re planting them due to root suffocation. One of the smaller ww plants are pointing in the v shape which i believe means she is happy with good colour on the leaf faces but the underside looks to be black or a really really dark green id really appreciate someones input/advice. Temps are in the 27-29 range . Rh is pretty consistant at 50-60% thanks and i hope what you lot are smoking is better than mines. Cant wait till harvest lol

Since im a newbie i feel i need to ask a bit of a stupid question. Would these bulbs with the t5 be of any benefit to my plants. Someone must have tried them
14718606780941699306183.jpg
14718605989641974560914.jpg
14718605989641974560914.jpg

Couldn't hurt, you can use it as side lighting. Probably has more intensity at 6" than a cfl a 0". Do you have a light meter, One of those 3in1 deals? That would show you how close you can put it without damaging foliage. To gauge distance Use the back of you hand and feel the light beams, if it's too hot for you after 10 seconds it's too hot/intense for them. I've never used a led bulb like that, but keep an eye on foliage for signs of stress and light burn. It's all an experiment... Good luck

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Small update bought some rhizotonic and great white plant success for healthy roots and a strong plant ive saw others use a combination of these and having great results. The rhizotonic puts your ph way up so cant start using till tomorrow when my ph paper gets delivered. The ww1 is very close to being ready for the first 'fimming' which will im sure she will handle fine all others look to have recovered from the root suffocation problems early on. Just one of many mistakes us newbies make and all the more experience to gain from it. Cheers any more questions just ask ill wait till im about to fim and then ill ad ics.

So fed my girls with the new potion yesterday they seem to be enjoying it. Sorry no pics but i thought it was time to top the ww.1 to keep the light at an even level. All other plants have perked up and seem to be growing quicker the temp has been pretty consistant at 28ish celcius on 19-20 off humidity is normally 70-80%. Im undecided on which light to use come flowering time ive got the 400w hps. The t5 with red bulbs would be too weak id think ? I also saw the mars 300w is quite cheap but wasnt sure if that would be plenty for my plants if anyone has prior experience id love to hear from you. Also snidrajsed thanks for your input this far its good to have someone with your knowledge on board as always criticism is always welcome thanks

Also i have been watering and foliar spraying a lot less often to try to encourage the roots to grow

Good afternoon Crippled,
Thank you for stopping by my journal. Looks like you are on your way with your 1st grow.:thumb:

With the lights that you currently have the HPS is going to give you the most light in your 1m X 1m grow area.
Your 2 ft 4 bulb T5 is fine for getting your seedlings started or clones if you decided to take clones in the future.

I would definitely look at lighting options for vegging once your babies get a little bigger. They are going to want more light.

Larger T5 units can cover your space adequately, but with the 1m x 1m you are limited to the 2 ft models not the 4 ft models.

Your HPS can be used for Veg from what I understand, though MH is the typical HID choice for veg due to the spectrum of light. I am not a HID guy but I believe that some models can use both types of bulbs so you may want to check into that.

The MarsHydro 300 LED has a manufacturer suggested coverage of 2 ft X 2 ft Veg or 1.5 ft X 1.5 ft flower, so a single one would not be enough to cover your 1m x 1m grow space according to their suggested coverage. I personally do not have experience with them but there are a lot of members on here that do, and can give you plenty of information on them.

Thanks for your response mate very helpfull ill stick with the 400w hps for flower for now then maybe once ive got a few more under my belt ill look into better options but im liking the thought of leds so far. I hope to keep them under my current t5 for as long as possible and then probably just switch to the hps dual spectrum. Cheers next update will be in the next 2/3 days when im next feeding

Those lil' LED bulbs wouldn't hurt...but wouldn't really help a lot, but if Ya got them...throw them in there...even your T5 unit isn't a lot of wattage...a better alternative is 54 watt HO...but I'm not sure if they make them in 2 footers...I've used 13 watt LED bulbs in both temperature ranges to supplement my T5s...I prefer 42 watt or at minimum 23 watt CFL's...your HPS is properly sized for your tent...just remember to keep a proper distance from plants and you may need to run a fan to help control temps...2 300 mars would be a nice fit and run a lot cooler...cheerz...h00k...

Cheers mate ive tried looking for the HO bulbs for my t5 but couldnt see any. Im liking the idea of the led's i think when the time comes that will be my choice but for now the t5 / hps will have to do ive already went a bit overboard for being a beginner i think especially in my current situation. If ive got fittings for the 6w led bulbs ill stick them in if not ill keep the money for other goodies. If anyone has any links to the HO bulbs for the 2ft t5 then please send it. If thats allowed? Cheers

Hi Crip
LED bulbs pulls less Watts for the light given than CFL..
So far I know... the t 5 sorry but I haven't checked

Cheers mate ive tried looking for the HO bulbs for my t5 but couldnt see any. Im liking the idea of the led's i think when the time comes that will be my choice but for now the t5 / hps will have to do ive already went a bit overboard for being a beginner i think especially in my current situation. If ive got fittings for the 6w led bulbs ill stick them in if not ill keep the money for other goodies. If anyone has any links to the HO bulbs for the 2ft t5 then please send it. If thats allowed? Cheers

Hey Crippled. I'm growing in a similar size with 10 seedlings just at 10 days from sprout. I'm using a 2ft 2-bulb T5 set up right now, but I have just purchased a 2ft 8-bulb T5. Total lumen output will be around 25,000 which is enough for our tent size. Check out my journal, I was just discussing this earlier.

T5 HO Indoor Grow Light - 2 ft 8 Bulbs DL828S Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Veg

To add on once I pot up to 1-gallon next week or so. Advice given to me by the elders. The same vendor also sells 12-bulb sets too if you want that instead!

Back
Top Bottom