Usual Coco Pots With A Twist Of NFT

Scoobynew

Hello everyone this will be my first journal I've been growing a long time tryd just about every way but never tryd nft so I'm going to give it a try while doing some plants in coco at the same time
I usually grow decent plants but never seem to get the bigger yields like some :adore::Namaste:

There will be 30 cherry bomb seeds to go under 5 Hps 600watt lights. I intend to only do 3 or so plants in a Nft system just to test it out and if I like it I will prob stick to this way. the rest of the seeds will end up in 10 or 20 ltr pots This might start a bit slow untill I get into the flo
I will be germinating the seeds after the weekend an will try sorting a camera to get some pics .
We are trying to get this location as a perpetual grow
I may throw a few pics of other grows that I often help ppl with

Any question fire away :circle-of-love:

Seeds were popped 4 days ago an are now starting to wake up so still not to much to see
I havw some pics of the space that will be used at the moment there are some blue cheese that have only just been flipped to flower
image17038.jpeg

image17040.jpeg
image17039.jpeg

Hi, i seen while reading through Cultivators journals that you were starting one of your own. I have sussed out how to subscribe so will follow along.

The plants are looking good i look forward to watching them grow.

cheers

I really like following cults journals so fort I would have a go
Ye cheers plants do look good but we ran out of time they they had to be flipped and the guy I got the cuttings from said they don't stretch much at all so I'm hoping I haven't got to much space in there that could of been filled only time will tell
I need to get a good camera

Yeah Cults journals are a good read and informative on what nutes to use, i've been taking notes while reading through them.. its been very helpful. I'm buzzin to get my grow going now but it'll be a few weeks at least before i start. Might even journal it! i think that would be helpful if i run into problems at some point.

How long have your plants been vegged for? they look quite big already! im guessing there an indica dominant strain if they don't stretch much at least you know you wont run out of height, its something i've been thinking about as i'll be growing in a tent. I've been looking at lots of strains lately and i'm still undecided but ive narrowed it down to a few now.

Your camera dose the job fine, you could try with the hps light off and that should make a difference.

It's a weird one because some indicas grow like a sativa and vice versa think it depends a lot on pheno aswell I have another friend and his blue cheese stretches a fair bit
Yes they have been begged for about 7-8 weeks from started to root cutting I would usually flower a bit smaller allowing for stretch and also I usually stick to 6 plants per light and there's less than that
I wouldn't worry about the height of ya rent I've never ran out of room it's about picking the right time to flower and you can allways tie branches over
What strains you thinking about

7-8 week veg sounds quite long to me i was only planning on doing 2 or 3 weeks veg. When i grew in NFT years ago i only vegged for 1 week after rooting for 14 days. I have seen people mention phenos but im not sure what that means so ill google it.

Strain wise im looking for something with a good yield. El Nino from green house seeds is what i planned to grow at first then i seen Cult talk about AMS from green house seeds so i looked that up and i fancied giving that a go, both are indicas and short (but bushy) On on the green house seeds website the El Nino (on paper) is the heavier yeilder out the 2 but in saying that i noticed while watching the grow session vids that the AMS yielded more!

I've read that the smokes not as good in a lot of the heavy yielding strains so that put me off the big bud, super bud, type plants. Lately ive been looking at the Incredible bulk.

Ye they been begging a while but only cuz I wanted them bigger cuz I'm worried about no stretch also it don't really matter at the location it's perpetual so when one plant starts flower the next batch go in veg
Mate nft an rdwc are completely different beasts compared to coco the growth rates are crazy when its dialled
I no few ppl now growing Incredible Hulk like cult it defo yields well so I fink that's your best bet
As for green house seeds it's the only seed company I've ever had hermi plants from if you review them that are well known for it so me personally I wouldn't buy any from them agen

I've actually kinda went off green house seeds, the more i learn about them i think there more interested in mass producing seeds instead of good quality seeds. So at that i think ill go for the incredible bulk! DR Krippling seeds is a new one on me ive never heard of them.

I have never grown in coco. I had 2 mothers in soil under a 400w MH lamp and thats it. I used 2 x MD100 NFT tables for flowering. I use to put one table into flower and start the other table 4 weeks later so i was harvesting 15 plants every month so guess you could call it perpetual too. i just bought all the Cana hydro nutes and followed the bottles schedules for dosing etc i was amazed at how fast the plants grew and i never experienced any issues/problems with it. I use to check PH with litmus paper and keep temps and humidity under control and that was it i never checked my res temp ever and i always had healthy roots in fact after harvest you could fill a bin bags with the root masses.

I look forward to you starting your NFT grow.

Dunno what's going on but seeds seem to be taking ages to wake up I seem to be getting a few each day zzzzz but Ye I'm looking forward to starting nft I just hope it's not a temperamental as rdwc with the water temps cuz I no the room gets hot ile prob run regenaroot or dm zone there both good for dead Rez an cheapest about I get annoyed on how much nutes can cost

Hi Scoobynew.... is that 30 cheery bomb seeds that have not popped open? if so what do you think went wrong, is it just down to bad seeds.... i would be gutted.

I was looking forward to watching the grow from seed.

I really don't no i had some seeds before this batch that was a couple different strains an not many of them popped either but in he last I've always had great germ rates I've been doing it how I always have so in at a loss why it's happened think I only got 6 out of the 30 cherry bomb
I've got some other seeds just been started for another grow ill see how they end up if not it will be just cuttings

Having a absolute nightmare with seeds lately I can't work out what's happening I've done many over the yrs and never had such shameful germ rates anyway here a little update of plants currently flowering for 14 days there looking heathy
Also a pic of the few seeds that did come through soon as I have enough roots I will put them in the nft tray
IMG_0020232.JPG
IMG_0021212.JPG
[
IMG_0022210.JPG
IMG_0023199.JPG
IMG_0025193.JPG
IMG_0024197.JPG

Haha seems like it's just me an you choker
I always bend an twist plants to try keeping a even canopy and usually I strip the bottom suckers branches off after they finished stretching but I've been reading a few guys who strip every fan leaf off that's got a stem so on my last crop I give that a try an it was weird because the top colas were prob half the girth as usuall but even the very lowest buds were like solid pop corn sized and I ended up with the best yield to date So start of next week Ile be doing it again on all but a few of these plants to see how they compare to each other

Ha ha i'm sure there will be some others lurking about!

Im interested in learning about training the plants for yield without getting to involved with the science in it.. i just want to know what works and what doesn't. I did plan on trying topping (which ive never done before) but im not sure about doing that now. Its good to see how others defoliate and bend there plants, it will be interesting to see the difference between the plants if any at harvest.

I think topping , fimming, super cropping , lst all achieve the same objective making the plant bush out and I've read so many journals an they all work great I personally prefere to keep twisting and bending it doesn't seem to slow the plants as much as topping different strains can like different things
When you start your crop if you only have a few light it would be good to Scrog

Little update I picked some cuttings up yesterday an to be fair they are not looking to good I no they was done in a aero cloned an then put in to some little pots but I'm sure in a weeks time I can get them looking a lot better
I also i putt the 3 Rockwell cubes that was from seed into the nft system so let's see how they get on
At the moment in the tent there is just one 600 watt light
The bigger plants was on day 23 I think yesterday I tryd messing with camera so they looked bit better but I really need a new cam these plants look very healthy so far the pic don't do them justice
Any comments are welcome if anyone is lurking lol
IMG_0045102.JPG
IMG_0047114.JPG
IMG_0048109.JPG
IMG_0050109.JPG
IMG_0049103.JPG

Back
Top Bottom