My Happy Place

cannibislover

Hello,
1st time grower, going all natural indoor grow.
Soil base: 5y/o cow manure, and my own compost soil (very dark brown good soil!)
Strand: completely unknown, random seeds my uncle had in the 70s (I think it's indica, probably wrong though.) Tried to germate over 50 seeds, only 2 cracked.
Quantity: 2 plants, in a closet size space.
Nutes: endo & ecto mycorrhiza (brand: plant success), Aroura "soul" grow/infinity/bloom nutes, molassasses.
Lights: 400watt high pressure sodium and a 125w daylight bulb on automatic timers
Water cycle: once a week, usually on Thursday. And occasional misting, only drop nutes every other watering.

Main plant is 4'5ish and the second is only about 2ft.. I have had them under 24 hr veg for about 2 1/2 months, just started my 12/12 flower.. This is where I need help, I have gotten to this part several times and it always goes down hill.

How long till I can tell sex? Is there a way to know now? Also, my shade leaves have recently started to hang very low on my main plant. Is this a concern?

I have taken pictures throughout their growth, here they are

Re: My happy place :)

IMG_20160811_211848_735.jpg
IMG_20160810_132325_040.jpg
IMG_20160802_084230_302.jpg
IMG_20160802_084223_485.jpg
IMG_20160805_163028_246.jpg
k
IMG_20160810_132353_451.jpg
IMG_20160810_132347_471.jpg
IMG_20160805_163022_352.jpg
IMG_20160729_101023_269.jpg
IMG_20160826_190821.jpg
IMG_20160810_132325_040.jpg
IMG_20160902_180120.jpg
IMG_20160904_133140.jpg
IMG_20160904_133248.jpg
IMG_20160904_133142.jpg
IMG_20160904_133035.jpg
IMG_20160904_133225.jpg
IMG_20160904_133125.jpg
IMG_20160810_132353_451.jpg

In not a soil guy . But when you are watering how much water are you using ? Do you have anything mixed in with your soil to help airate it ? What's the ph of your soil ? Do your buckets have good drainage ?

CLICK HEREE this guide will help you answer some of your questions.

I see you say your run a 400w hps ... It looks a tad dark in there for that . How old is the bulb ?
Lastly describe what you mean by down hill..what happens exactly ?

I turned the light off cause of the interference with my camera, it is plenty bright, trust me lol. What I mean by down hill, is I have had bug problems, mold issues, temp issues, and also beans lots of beans. But this time I want to do it right, new start sort of deal.

My drainage is sound, I have gravel on the bottom of my pots for easy water drainage, also my soil is fairly light and fluffy, lots of worm castings.

For water, I give 1 1/3 gal of water for my 5 gal pot and 2/3gal of water for my 3 gal pot. Once a week. I don't know my pH lvl, but I draw off a well so I don't have to worry to much about my pH.

I turned the light off cause of the interference with my camera, it is plenty bright, trust me lol. What I mean by down hill, is I have had bug problems, mold issues, temp issues, and also beans lots of beans. But this time I want to do it right, new start sort of deal.

My drainage is sound, I have gravel on the bottom of my pots for easy water drainage, also my soil is fairly light and fluffy, lots of worm castings.

For water, I give 1 1/3 gal of water for my 5 gal pot and 2/3gal of water for my 3 gal pot. Once a week. I don't know my pH lvl, but I draw off a well so I don't have to worry to much about my pH.

Okay I was just making an observation from the picture in regards to the light that's why I asked . Sounds like you need to put some focus on ventilation , air circulation and cooling .

When you say you get lots of beans , what exactly do you mean by that ?

Lots of seeds, from my last grow... My neighbor had some male plants mixed with females growing in his yard, ruined my crop.

What can I do to to improve ventilation? I have a osalating fan, should I get another fan? I can't afford any fancy air cooling vents.

That's what I thought you meant , just wanted to make sure.
If your neighbors outside grow pollinated your inside grow . You are going to need to put a filter on you fresh air intake .

Save your money an get a 250-450 cfm / filter combo you can find them for around 70 bucks .. Until then figure a way to vent / push or pull air from the top of your room to outside of it ..get a temp and humidity gauge and put it in the room so you know what's going on in there in regards to temp and humidity ..it's all important stuff . You should always dial in your grow room before you start growing ...it makes things a hell of a lot easier in the long run.

The area you really need to be concerned about stable temps and rh is from the top of your canopy down .

What is your mold issue ?

Here are my suggests, just remember you get what you pay for. If you are not sure about the bulb, get a new one. Metal Halide for Veg and HPS for Flower. If you can only get one, HPS. I would LST that tall one, bend it over a bit, try to get the two plants at the same level. Buy a PH meter, they are cheap. You may be right about your well water but I grew for several years with well water and still had to adjust the PH. With well water you may not need to add some of the micro nutrients but I do not know anything about your water or filter system but you may want to throw in a tsp of Epsom salt per gallon of water every week or two. I am not a fan of 24/0 for veg, especially this late in veg but I am not expert.

The leaves look green, any chance you just watered them? I do not see a fan in the room, if you do not have one, you should get a cheap oscillating fan. I use dry fertilizer so I cannot help much with that except to suggest you follow the directions on the label. Never add more than it says.

Update: on my update, lol. I was moving my plants, to change the light, and noticed the soil was very dry. So I thought to my self. Duh, she is just thirsty. Gave he straight water, and within minutes the leaves look to be coming back!!! Cross your fingers, I think I found the corporate, my own stupidity...

water does wonders!

I bought a agrosun halides bulb, from hydro-farm. And there is a fan, I just moved it so it wasn't in the way. Thank you for your suggestions, I am going to get a pH tester. Hopefully I corrected the issues. Yikes, I never thought it would be so saddening to see my babies in distress lol. I am optimistic about this new bulb, seems brighter. I got my old one from Craigslist, so.. Like u said, u get what u pay for lol.

I will post new pictures in a day.

Update: on my update, lol. I was moving my plants, to change the light, and noticed the soil was very dry. So I thought to my self. Duh, she is just thirsty. Gave he straight water, and within minutes the leaves look to be coming back!!! Cross your fingers, I think I found the corporate, my own stupidity...

I was going to ask is your soil was dry or moist . Maybe you should invest in a moisture meter also..they aren't that expensive . But I'm not a soil guy .

Hello man! I'm a big fan of organic growing, right now I'm using some very rich compost, some soil from ex-chickenhouse and feeding her some compost tea. As for the watering, I stick finger into the soil and then water when I feel she needs it, or she is kinda droopy and the stems are flexible. I have few worms in my pot, to aerate the soil. For my next grow I will be testing olla irrigation system and air/smart pots as the roots don't bound. The tin foil is more reflective on the matte side and less reflective than glossy white paint or car windshield sun block. Also do not use transparent pots as you can damage your roots. How are your temps? What humidity is in your grow space? How did you germinated your seeds? Did you used the paper towel method or straight into the soil which is very ineffective? You can also hook the cool-tube for the lamp into your air outtake, so your temps are lower and the light can be closer to the plants, thus reduce the stretch. Or you can train your plants for more effective and even canopy. Well, just some thoughts. I wish you luck and feel free to ask and come by my journal. Happy growing :Namaste:

Hello man! I'm a big fan of organic growing, right now I'm using some very rich compost, some soil from ex-chickenhouse and feeding her some compost tea. As for the watering, I stick finger into the soil and then water when I feel she needs it, or she is kinda droopy and the stems are flexible. I have few worms in my pot, to aerate the soil. For my next grow I will be testing olla irrigation system and air/smart pots as the roots don't bound. The tin foil is more reflective on the matte side and less reflective than glossy white paint or car windshield sun block. Also do not use transparent pots as you can damage your roots. How are your temps? What humidity is in your grow space? How did you germinated your seeds? Did you used the paper towel method or straight into the soil which is very ineffective? You can also hook the cool-tube for the lamp into your air outtake, so your temps are lower and the light can be closer to the plants, thus reduce the stretch. Or you can train your plants for more effective and even canopy. Well, just some thoughts. I wish you luck and feel free to ask and come by my journal. Happy growing :Namaste:

See Cannibislover ..this is exactly why I suggested you start a journal .. Plenty of good knowledgable people that use you style of growing media are more than willing to help :) ...one again welcome to the 420 Family .

Back
Top Bottom