Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom 1.0

CMJJMC2000

Wow, onto my 3rd grow project already! Just to recap my history here......

February of 2016 - started up 2 x Dwarf Low Flyer's (autofem) by Crop King Seeds. 1 chilled Aerogarden with 1 Mars Hydro Reflector 48 in a 24x48x60 tent. Completed April of 2016.

June of 2016 - started up another round of autofem's; 1 x Med Gom 1.0 and 1 x Massive Midget. Each one of these strains was in their own chilled Aerogarden with it's own Mars Hydro Reflector 48 overhead in the same tent. Med Gom finished in early August, Massive Midget finished in early September.

September 10th; first day above ground for each of my new plants - 1 x Med Gom 1.0 and 1 x Critical+ Auto.

Well, this project came to fruition much sooner than I had originally anticipated. My wife and I have been consuming a pretty hefty amount of the Med Gom - enough for us to want to have some more before this runs out! So, that's going in the Aerogarden on the left. The Critical+ is a bit of a roll of the dice. It should be a quick finisher, roughly the same amount of time as the MedGom; 8-9 weeks total.

Both Aerogarden's are cleaned and the chillers were removed to clean and check the seals/bulkhead.

Like the last 3 grows, I'll be using the entire PH Perfect product line from Advanced Nutrients. Adding in Tarantula for this grow, something I didn't use on the prior. I'm continually blown away by their performance, really quality stuff for hydro/aero/dwc. I know a lot of folks gripe about their prices, but you get what you pay for. Each grow has cost me about $80.00 in nutrients - that's $40 per plant. That's peanuts for quality meds - I probably save that much, or more, in electricity costs from running LED instead of HPS OR MH lighting.

I think I'll be experimenting with 24hr lighting once the plants get some pre-flowers going. Other than that, I'll be sticking with similar nute schedules to what I had used on the last grow. I will be adding cal/mag at a very low dose during early veg, which I did not do during the last grow.

IMG_390115.JPG
IMG_39028.JPG
IMG_390312.JPG

Re: Chilled Aerogardens w Mars Hydro Reflector; 3rd grow - Critical+ Auto and Med Gom

"Team America Fuck Yea"

I'm still waiting to see you grow a Dinafem/Cbd Crew CBDCritical Mass or a Original Sensible CBD Lemon Aid Feminised Seeds.

I'm finishing a Cbd Crew Therapy and a Cbd Crew Medi Haze as well as both of the Medical
Strains that Crop King offers. I noticed that your not using the lights with the Aerogarden but using the Mars 48 Reflector like I use. Why not get a root spa or a hydro bucket with top feed or bubbler and expand the root and plant potential with more real estate. The only reason I see to use the Aerogarden bottoms, which I have one, is the built in computer tracking, info, and feed cycles, but it's not operating the light for you.

Joe

Re: Chilled Aerogardens w Mars Hydro Reflector; 3rd grow - Critical+ Auto and Med Gom

"Team America Fuck Yea"

I'm still waiting to see you grow a Dinafem/Cbd Crew CBDCritical Mass or a Original Sensible CBD Lemon Aid Feminised Seeds.

I'm finishing a Cbd Crew Therapy and a Cbd Crew Medi Haze as well as both of the Medical
Strains that Crop King offers. I noticed that your not using the lights with the Aerogarden but using the Mars 48 Reflector like I use. Why not get a root spa or a hydro bucket with top feed or bubbler and expand the root and plant potential with more real estate. The only reason I see to use the Aerogarden bottoms, which I have one, is the built in computer tracking, info, and feed cycles, but it's not operating the light for you.

Joe

Hey, Joe! Thanks for checking in. I'd love to do some more CBD heavy strains, but I'm somewhat limited in where I can successfully order seeds from. I've seen Crop King's offering on their CBD strain, but I prefer autoflowers for their compact size. My grow tent is 60" tall, so my goal is to keep the plants under 3 feet. If I used bubble buckets, I would need to reduce that size to about 2.25 feet, since the buckets are so much taller than the Aerogarden. I've got to keep the top of the plant at least 6" from the light in order to ensure a good spread of the light into the lower areas of the plant. So, space is the primary reason. I also like the challenge of the limited reservoir volume. It's fun - for me - to do my daily adjustments. Eventually, I may move to a taller tent and switch away from the autoflowering strains, but I just don't need to make that move at this time.

Since I'm only growing for myself and my wife, I'm very satisfied with my current setup. None of the what I've grown has ever left my house and none of my local acquaintances that use cannabis (medicinally or recreationally) know that I produce for myself. I look at the smaller reservoir as kind of serving as a circuit breaker for plant growth inside of the plant. Once the roots don't have anywhere else to go, it's a sign for the plant to stop growing and to stay within that ideal size range for me.

I'm optimistic that some new CBD heavy autoflowering strains will make their way around in the next 6 -12 months.

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+Auto & Med Gom 1

Right there in the front row this time. Let the show begin CMJ, always a pleasure to see that aerogarden in action.
:hookah:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks, Snid! I'll have some pics up on Monday. This is the boring part, waiting for the first 3 sets of leaves to fill in. I added in 2ml - total - of Sensi CalMag Xtra to each reservoir today and PH'd to 5.7. I'll be heading out of town tomorrow for 3.5 days so I'm fortunate to be in the boring part right now. I will have a challenge coming up in 6 weeks, we're heading out of town for 5 days! I'm working on rigging up a watering solution, but at a loss about what to do with regards to keeping PH in check while I'm out. This is one of those situations where having a larger reservoir would be useful to me. Anyhow, I'll figure something out!

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+Auto & Med Gom 1

I assume you really like the Med Gom since you are growing it again.
What's it like smoke wise?
Using it medicinally and is it working?

Yes, it's really a nice smoke. But, beyond that, it's a very unique smoke and that's what I like about it. It's one of the most relaxing and peaceful "bakes" I've experience. It also makes me feel good. I know that's not a very descriptive way to put it, but I can't think of any other way to put it other than that. For me, smoking cannabis hasn't ever been about trying to "feel good" or to really alter myself - it did used to be just a *fun* thing to do back in my younger years. Now, I use it to help me unwind, relax and get some good sleep. I haven't come across a strain - in my 15 years of cannabis use - that just makes me straight up feel good. The CBD must have some strong anti-anxiety properties to it, it's quite a "zen" experience.

Now, with that being said, if you're looking for a mind altering or physically altering smoke - Med Gom 1.0 is not for you. You could smoke enough of it to get that effect, but that'd be a total waste. My guess is that the THC content of my Med Gom might be between 6-8%. The CBD content, is well beyond that of the THC. I'd love to do a test and find out exactly what the percentages are.

I smoke all my cannabis through wet pieces, which alters the "taste and smell" component of cannabis. I'll give a fair assessment of that once my dry piece shows up. It's about a 6" custom heady piece, should hopefully have that in the next couple of weeks.

Well, got back into town and no issues at all while we were out. The plants did great, root systems are getting established and leaves are growing in fine. Critical+ has it's 3rd set of leaves coming in now. Med Gom is finishing up on her 2nd set. I'll have some pics of the tent up tomorrow.

On an exciting note, I received my dry piece. Wow, definitely unique. I haven't smoked out of a dry piece in probably 8 years, so there were lots of tastes and flavors that I wasn't getting due to the smoke being filtered through water. This one is nice! Looking forward to getting these strain reviews up for Med Gom and Massive Midget.

IMG_395113.JPG
IMG_395411.JPG
IMG_395510.JPG
IMG_39596.JPG
IMG_396012.JPG
IMG_39619.JPG

10 days above ground and the third set of leaves is coming in on both plants. I'll start up on veg nutes this weekend if progress continues along this same path. Critical+ Auto by Dinafem is on the right and Med Gom 1.0 by CBD Crew is on the left.

I added in 1/2 dose of Voodoo Juice and 1/2 dose of Piranha and a 1/4 dose of Sensi CalMag Xtra. PH is at 5.8 on both plants. They're both doing great - above ground and below ground. Critical+ has some really wide leaves, interested to see how she grows. The Med Gom seems to be nearly a clone of the last one I grew - and I'm perfectly fine with that!

IMG_396211.JPG
IMG_39635.JPG
IMG_39647.JPG

Sweet pipe CMJ that's a funky looking piece. Plants are doing great for days. Enjoy that smoke stick and relax as your aerogarden does all the work... Not. Keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

12 days above ground today. No real updates, the vegging phase is a bit ho-hum in my opinion. 3rd set of leaves is fully in on the Critical+ and is just starting to come in on the Med Gom 1.0.

Both plants have received 1/4 doses of Sensi Grow A+B, 1/2 doses of Voodoo Juice and Piranha, 1/4 doses of Sensi CalMag Xtra.

PPM's on Critical+ are at 350
PPM's on Med Gom 1.0 are at 450

Preflowers visible on both plants......

IMG_398010.JPG
IMG_398112.JPG
IMG_398212.JPG
IMG_39839.JPG
IMG_398415.JPG

16 days above ground today. Both plants are doing very well - thriving. Each light is about 12" above it's respective plant. The array is set to "VEG" mode on both units. I'll be switching it to both "VEG" and "BLOOM" on this weekend. PPM's are pretty stable, at this point the plants aren't really tapping into to much of the nute soup. Anyhow, here's some pics...........

Critical+ Auto

IMG_39989.JPG

Med Gom 1.0

IMG_39999.JPG

IMG_400111.JPG

I wanted to toss some pics up of another piece I just got in from the same blower that did that nice dry sidecar I posted the other week. This one is a glass-on-glass bubbler with the same color scheme, just different colors in the reversale/wigwag sections. Has a sweet honeycomb bridge marble and some magnification marbles. Really nice glasswork and - despite the small size - it rips harder than some tubes that I've smoked off of. Having that massive removable bowl and extra wide downstem makes for some crazy airflow for such a small bubbler (handheld).

IMG_400313.JPG
IMG_400414.JPG
IMG_400511.JPG

3 weeks above ground today for both plants. They're both almost identical in size. Critical+ is a bit "bushier" with the fattest indica leaves I've seen on any plant I've grown. They're slowly drinking through the nutes, no real changes to anything just letting them ride. Pistils have appeared at several nodes on both plants. Should hit some serious vertical growth this week and next.

IMG_402213.JPG
IMG_402316.JPG
IMG_402414.JPG

Back
Top Bottom