Purple Kush Feminized - 3x3 Tent - 700 Watt Mars - Newbie

sleepless

Hello all.

This journal may take a bit to get going but I would like to try and avoid some mistakes.

Here are the specs;

Strain - Crop King Purple Kush Feminized

700 Watt MARS II LED

3x3x6.5 600D Fusion Hut Mylar Grow Tent

4" Fusion Breath Fan — 189 CFM

4" Fusion Breath Filter

Digital Fan Controller

Digital Timer

4 Gallon Pots with ProMix HP

Nutrients:

PROP O GATOR 0-3-2(Liquid), I will start this at week 1 of growth through to week 5

JUNGLE GREEN 17-15-17, this start in week 2 of Veg although it states to start in week 1 with the propagator I will ease them in. I will use this until week 5 when I am hoping to switch over.

BETTER BLOOM 12-34-12, this will be used when I switch to flowering at week 6

YIELD UP 9-47-9, this will start at week 7 and will be discontinued when I start to flush for harvest.

Of course these times are all dependent on growth but this is the schedule I am hoping to adhere to.
If my first grow is successful then I will add TON-O-BUD 0-49-32, and CAL POW 10-0-0. This would be the advanced feeding schedule they have and those two are used for the entire grow cycle up until flushing for harvest.

These Nutes were given to me by a friend so in an attempt to save cost I will try them. I generally prefer powder as I find paying for water is just insane.
In the past I have found that good mixing and a bubbler work just as good as the more exp. Liquid ferts.

I intend to try a SCROG grow but I am hoping to do a grow that doesn't take any longer than it has to so I can get away from paying big dollars for my meds.

I have seeds germinating and will start to share photos once I get them potted and the tent assembled.

i am very lucky to have an exhaust stack from before my high efficiency furnace was installed which I have rough down to 4 inch and will run through the carbon filter and straight up and out the unused stack.

Feel free to jump in and share if you see something I should or shouldn't be doing.

Thanks!

OK.

So I am preparing for seedlings and I am curious when to start applying nutes.

420-magazine-mobile1680993525.jpg

The above says to apply 1/2 Tsp per litre in week 1.

I am assuming by week one they are referring to when I switch them to a veg cycle?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

OK.

So I am preparing for seedlings and I am curious when to start applying nutes.

420-magazine-mobile1680993525.jpg

The above says to apply 1/2 Tsp per litre in week 1.

I am assuming by week one they are referring to when I switch them to a veg cycle?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is that liquid or powdered... If it's solids will you be making a tea or just top dressing? If it's liquid then Fuzzynutter had you covered, introduce at 1/4 strength and work your way up over a week or so if they have no adverse reactions. (nute burn). Looks like good stuff, go by their recommendations once you've gotten to your plants unique full strength amount. Every plant is different...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey sleepless, subbing up to see these PK's take off. That seems like quite the top notch nutes you got there, they are certainly a high strength. I think these guys got you covered as far as the questions you've had. I usually start feeding nutes when my plants have 3 full leaf sets to ensure they have a good root system developing to take in those nutrients. I have never used solid nutrients, so hopefully they can be mixed into water like that?? I am assuming somewhere they say you can if that's your plan?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

OK things have taken off and I have some catching up to do.

Here goes.

Grow:

Strain - Crop King Purple Kush Feminized
700 Watt MARS II LED
3x3x6.5 600D Fusion Hut Mylar Grow Tent
4" Fusion Breath Fan — 189 CFM
4" Fusion Breath Filter
Digital Fan Controller
Digital Timer

Nutrients:

PROP O GATOR 0-3-2(Liquid), I will start this at week 1 of growth through to week 5

Micro/Grow/Bloom - Hollands Secret - Switched to a liquid fert before I even got started.

Calmag

I plan on keeping it simple and using the most basic nutes possible.

Sept 29 — Start Of Germination

Placed Seeds in Water as per directions.

Oct 2nd

Placed 3 of 5 in ProMix HP, dampened with Rain water (6.5PH) and placed under 3 x CFL 6500k 100 watt. 64% Humidity and 75 Degrees.

I never pack promix, just keep it loose. And as with all seeds we grow in the greenhouse I find you barely cover them and they seem to do best.

From my experience I have also found that domes are mold loving mother suckers. I stay away from domes and just take care to ensure the pots stay moist. Since switching to ProMix HP and eliminating domes my plants have thrived in my outdoor greenhouse and I am hoping the same will apply in this application.
I Will leave seed 4 in paper towel another day or 2, if it doesn't crack then I guess it doesn't crack. This was by far the largest seed. Not sure if that has a bearing or not.

Tent and 700 Mars II Led should arrive on the 5th at the latest. UPS says the 3rd so I am expecting it on 5th. Canadian Postal services are overpriced and very slow.

20161002_094217.jpg

Oct 3rd — Day 1

Less than 24hrs and my girls are up.

I am adding a small pc fan to try and strengthen the stem. For now I just want them to stay moist and let that tap root do its thing.

2 seeds still in damp paper towel sitting in a room at 78F. Hoping they germinate but they will also be a day behind.

If I get 3 of 5 seeds I will be a but disappointed. I purchased the pack and hoped to get at least 4 for my scrog but I can surely make 3 work.

Mars II arrived but no tent yet. Moved girls to closet with Mars II. Wow, this thing should do just fine.

20161003_083031.jpg

Oct 4th 2016 — Day 2

Two of the 3 have a second set of leaves.
Sitting at 74F and 56% Humidity

Oct 5th - Day 3 — Mars LED Arrived

My Mars II 700 watt LED has arrived.

Think it may be a mars and not mars ii

Very dissapointed as Mars advertised this light as having Veg/Flower button. It does not and they simply offered to do NOTHING

Strike 1 for MARS - False advertising is false advertising. If I buy a 4 door car and it shows up with 2. That is not what I purchased.

20161005_125432.jpg

Oct 6th Day 4

Plants are good.

Mist two or three times a day.

79F 46H — Using wet towel to try and increase humidity

Put fan on seedlings.

Oct 7th Day 5

Plants are starting to get another set of leaves but still have a ton or rooting to do.
First full watering since planting was required.
Gave ¼ to 4 litres Veg Nutes to one plant and water to other two.
Will monitor for affects of nutes and growth vs the other two.
Added some promix to compensate for lowering and packing.
Temp sits 75 to 80 and humididuty is at 50

Oct 8th Day 6

Backing the light from 24hr to 18/6 today.

20161008_101421.jpg

Oct 9th Day 7

Plants needed water. Gave full watering around the edges of cup got encourage root growth.

Oct 10th Day 8

Plants looking healthy.
Going 1/8 Nutes and water every other feed for now.

Oct 13th Day 10

Watered on 10th and fed them all on the 12th.(1/8th strength)
Will give another 1/8th then bump up to half strength after straight water.
Look very good but I am struggling to keep it below 80.
Now have 4" inline pulling air, and a 4" passive to another room as well as 5" passive within room.
May need to run everything to pull from other rooms to stay cool as furnace starts to run more.

Oct 14th Day 11

Ran ducting, much better and now temps are staying good at 74-78, rh 40-60
Roots poking out so I will transplant today.
Noticed bottom leaves displaying what appears to be a mag or cal deficiency.
Gave a foliage spray of molasses and will go buy cal mag.

Oct 15th Day 12

Noticed bottom leaves displaying what appears to be a mag or cal deficiency.
Things are slightly worsening but I will get CalMag today and give them a dose in the morning. Slightly
Worried about overwatering in an attempt to correct the deficiency.

20161015_092101.jpg
20161015_092149.jpg

Oct 17th Day 14

20161018_100441.jpg

Need to feed some CalMag
Got in late and will feed today in hopes of perking them up.

Oct 18 Day 15

Due to the flush and repotting of plants I have opted to foliar spray when lights come on(Molasses/EggShell/water) so as not to get root rot or other issues with overwatering.
They seem to have perked up quite well.

I did give a very small feeding of Cal Mag and Nutes. I mixed CalMag as recommended and the nutes at ½ recommended amount.

I am on week 3 of flower so much more to come!

Oct 2o Day 17

Topped all three at 5th node.
Once they fill out I will 4 way LST and start prepping for my scrog net.

20161021_133101.jpg
20161021_132930.jpg

Oct 23 Day 20

3 weeks since sprout and I am very happy at this point.
Light is back close to plants (24")
Fed plants today for first time in a week.
Holland Secret Grow(3)/Micro(2) and Cal Magic(1) lowered to PH of 5.8/5.9
Didn't add any bloom.

Like the liquid much better and I am glad I made the purchase.
Next feeding Ill go with week 2 of the schedule 5/3/2

Oct 24 Day 21

The feeding has really helped these lady's out,
Growing great, just trying to decide when I should plant in larger pot.
Sitting at 79F and 50% humidity at plant top now that light is lowered.

Oct 27 — Day 24

Fan Leaves had some discoloration and are curling a bit at the tip as well as browning.
I think I have light too close, CalMag still not dialed in and PH issues.
Raised light 10"
Flushed before watering to check PH levels. Water from Pot was 5.6PH
Adjusted nutes to 6.3 and has runoff of 5.7 when feeding.
Think I would like to see it closer to 6 but Ill do that slowly.

Nutes:
Micro/Grow = 3ml
Bloom = 2ml
Cal-Mag = 3ml

This was for a 4l jug which each pot received until runoff was complete.
Next time I will add about 30% perlite to speed drying times.
I will also switch to fabric pots for more air circulation in media.
Now I will watch and see how they handle this.
Growth is good but fan leaves just seem unhappy.

20161026_093711.jpg

October 28th Day 25

Plants look good after water and feed.

Still think I am fighting CalMag Def.

LED/ProMix HP/Rain Water are creating the problem I think.

Few leaves are mutated a but growth is good and few signs of issues other than the calmag deficiency.

Light LST on one of the ladies to start getting ready for scrog.

I am hoping for 2 more weeks of veg and then Ill switch to 12/12

CK says to expect 3' of stretch from PK so I am just hoping the deficiency doesn't cause enough stress to create hermie issues.

October 29th Day 26

New growth looks good.

Mutated leaves really bugging me.

Have PH meter to help resolve issues now.

October 31st Day 28

Broke 2 of the new main shoots after topping while doing LST.
Next time I will start at 3-4th node as plant is smaller and should be easier to work with.

Nov 1st Day 29

Nutes;
Micro — 3
Grow — 5
Bloom — 3
CalMag — 4 all per 4l
PH 5.9/6
Power Outage @ 1320 through 1400 = 40mins

Nov 2nd — Day 30

The ladies are 30 days old.
No ill effects seen since feeding so leaving them be.
All showing signs of being female.

Nov 4 — Day 32

Moved to 3 gallon pots.
Nutes 5/8/2/4, ph 6.0 6l per plant
Scrog Going up tonight.
20161106_071924.jpg
20161106_071916.jpg

Nov 11 — Day 39

Day 40 and I have lost 3 leds(No they are not IR). This has me very nervous. If a Mars II LED cannot last 40 days I cannot trust this product.
Ordering cobs and and drivers. No more cheap Chinese leds for me.It seems I can actually use parts from mars led but they are not efficient either so I think it will make a great boat anchor when the rest of the leds die.

Read about a defoliation technique that I will be testing on the plant closest to door.
2 plants feel ready to water and a 3rd feels much heavier.
Same size plants so I fin this a little odd.

I want to fill screen but am considering pushing them to flower as this is first grow and I would like to ensure quality and control which will be harder with a full screen.

Also it gets me medicine faster which will allow for a much nicer more relaxed grow next round.

20161112_123020.jpg
20161112_123016.jpg

Nov 13 Day 41
Nutes 5/8/2/4, ph 6.0 4l per plant — No run off
Defoliated other 2 plants
Raised light as light burn on new leaf

Nov 17 — Day 45(F1)
12/12 has started

20161113_104727.jpg

Nov 20 — Day 48(3)

Nutes 3/3/4/4 ph 6 6l per plant

I started to experience issues with my Mars II.

I contacted Mars and was told there wasnt much they could do.

Great - Brand new light and no service.

I decided the only sure way was to DIY or go HPS/MH

After days of reading I started my own DIT Citizen CLU58 1825 cobs.

I can push them up to 113 watts a piece but I run them arounf 70% which gives me 8-900 ppfd. I dont want to require CO2 so I am keeping it here.

I immediately encountered Nitrogen issues but that is to be expected I am guessing with the dramatic increase in price.

The shocking pkart was even being here in Canada I was able to build cheaper than anything comparable I can buy.

It roughly cost me a dollar per watt but can be easily repaired and upgraded with time. I can actually push each cob upwards of 350 watts I believe.

Here is the started and completed item;

20161124_130955.jpg
20161126_073744.jpg

Dec 03 - Day 16 Flower

I installed my COB panel on November 24th.

Thought all was good and went away for 5 days of work.

While away my dog knocked off a duct and the plants sat at 87 degrees for several nights.

That combined with the new increase in light was pretty hard on them.

Here are the sad pics upon returning home.

20161203_060828.jpg

Rather than panic I just watered and gave them a few days to get back in order.

I then removed all under growth and have began daily removal of fan leaves so as not to stress plant.

I am feeding them;

Micro - 5ml
Grow - 1ml
Bloom - 5ml
Calmag- 5ml

This is all per 4l. I may have to bump up the Micro as I still think I have a Nitrogen defeciency.

Dec 13 - Day 26 Flower

And here they are as of today. Looking much better but still starving for nitrogen under the new cob lights.

20161213_055225_1_.jpg

I will be increasing the Micro by a few mils along with bloom next time, may cut the grow out all togethor.

Will be starting my Crop King White Cookieis any day.

Big shout out to Crop King Seeds. I emailed them to notify them I only got 3 of 5 seeds to germinate and they contacted me looking for an address to send me some more seeds.

As I already had the PK going they were more than happy to send White Cookies.

I am a firm believer in quality and customer service. If you don't provide both I spend my money elsewhere.

CKS has a customer for life here.

I am off for a few days of work but will update upon return.

I am considering DWC or Drippers due too the nature of my work.

Things are frosting up so it should start to get exciting!

Onward and upward, let me be the first to sign up for the showcase. Thanks for the preview, glad you're sharing the grow with us. Keep us posted and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks for tagging along. Should get exciting now!

Will tag along bru. I also have a 700w setup but mine has bloom and veg switches and I use both atm. Keep it airie :passitleft:

Excellent.

My 700 was doing fine until a driver went(understand that now that I have built one)

Now my COBs are killing it.

No more blurple for this guy.

Back
Top Bottom