Weed Match - Bloody Skunk vs Bloody Skunk vs Red Poison

spacef

1 Red Poison in 11L Soil will compete with 2 Bloody Skunk in 25 and 11 liters respectively.
- Bloody Skunk genetics is " Sweet Skunk x Red Poison", and so far Bloody Skunk is my favorite weed, but I never tasted Red Poison, which I saw in other people's grows, and it looks sweet.
- Bloody Skunk in 11L is small in yield and it might not be fair, so I added the 25L to help. But it is also possible that the 25L container slows down growth so much that Red Poison wins anyway.

The RP (Red Poison) was dipped in the water today, 24 hours after Bloody Skunk, and it must receive a bonus against that handicap.
BS-11 = 0
BS-25 = 0
(no handicap counted for having the biggest pot in the gang, we'll see later)
RP-11 = 1

Other Points to be won:
- seed shell opens and seed is planted
- first leaves of 5 blades
- general growth (height and "wingspan)
- LST/topping points (not yet set)
- begins pre-flowering
- stretch
- colors
- number of branches
- flowering
- number of buds (might be 2 categories)
- trichomes cloudy
- cropping/factory specs time etc
- final yield
and other stuff as the grow goes.

Dipped in water with 8 drops of BioRoot+ in each cup.
The BS seeds are the 2 first of the pack, but the Red Poison seed was chosen, to be as dark and a size similar to BS. the RP seeds I have are very small, like half the size of the BS seeds.
d100-006.jpg

- We'll start here (one of the 11L pot is not yet prepared).
- The 25L pot for Bloody Skunk is filled with 22L of soil.

- The plant you see is the AutoNightQueen from another grow. As you can see the 25L pot did not help it get bigger (yet). So in our match, Red Poison has all chances to win, if it can, mouahahaha
d100-003.jpg

- Strains
are Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk + Sweet Seeds Red Poison
- Soil is a Mix of 50% BioBizz All Mix + (50% BioBizz Light Mix). A hole in the pots was dug with only Light Mix, for the first week or so.
- Lights: Leds
- Nutrients: BioBizz Grow+Bio Heaven+Bloom+BioHeaven+Top Max , and General Organics BioRoots + BioWorm + Bloom Thrive+Bud Riot.
- extractors, fans, filters, work, time, patience.

EDIT: I just added a second Red Poison seed, and I will choose the one that looks the most nervous.

See you for next score update :)

Event Update

Both Bloody skunk seeds opened this night and, at 11 o'clock, I planted the one that looked the strongest in the 25L and the other in the 11 L. As they both were ready at the same time, it is a tight.

It means that one of the Red Poison seed has to be ready before tommorow 11 AM to keep it's point. if RP is ready before midnight, it wins the round. Otherwise, the point will go to both bloody Skunks.

let's hold our breath until tomorrow to see if there's a winner of this first set ;-)

Score Update

Round1:
Seed opens and is ready to get planted (1 or 2 mm young root out of the shell)

Red Poison was ready at midnight, and was put in its pot. The shell opened between 10 and 12 hours before Bloody Skunk. Therefore, it gets the point for this round.

BS-25=0
BS-11=0
RP-11=1

Next round: see the light

Really cool grow idea to make it a battle :)
I'll definitely join the ride! I hope you'll get a faster growth than me for directly planting a seed in a big ass pot!

Here is a pic of the "fight pit" :)
I am making sure all participants are treated the same, no cheating :high-five:

000012.jpg

Last Score reminder
Round 1: Seed opens and is ready to get planted (1 or 2 mm young root out of the shell)
BS-25=0
BS-11=0
RP-11=1

Next round: see the light

The problem I have with autos is their lack of "root vigor", even in a 11L pot. I will use the BioRoot+ as a root booster: i used it on the fems with great results, but may be it is just the fems and not the root juice. with those autos i will know.

Really cool grow idea to make it a battle :)
I'll definitely join the ride! I hope you'll get a faster growth than me for directly planting a seed in a big ass pot!

The problem I have with autos is their lack of "root vigor", even in a 11L pot. I will use the BioRoot+ as a root booster: i used it on the fems with great results, but may be it is just the fems and not the root juice. with those autos i will know.

Okay I didn't know autos' roots tended to be lazy. My plant is receiving root booster since the beginning but overall it still got a slow growth. Still don't know why, maybe it's not linked to the pot size!

Event Update
- Current Round: "see the light" (2 first leaves open with shell fallen or out of the way)

Bloody Skunk 11 has began to pop-out of the surface this evening, and was followed a few hours later by Bloody Skunk 25.

it is now midnight and BS 11 must get rid of its shell to pop-out !!! and it could be more difficult for her, because nothing is in the way of BS-25. We still have no news of Red Poison.

Will Red Poison be able to keep its 12 hours advance ?
Will BS 11 be able to beat the strong BS 25 ?

Let's take a puff and hold our breath until next episode....

000013.jpg

000022.jpg

SCORE UPDATE
Round 2: "see the light" (2 first leaves open with shell fallen or out of the way)

- RP 11 was given an additional 12 hours to let it keep its adavance if possible, but it gave no signs yet.

- BS 11 was first to break the soil crust, but its first leaves are still inside the shell. Overnight, BS 11 has struggled and is growing stronger, but the shell is still there. If it struggles too much in the next 36 hours, the tech team will help it getting rid of its shell.

- BS 25 did not have to deal with such obstacle and has opened its leaves.

BS 25 wins this round as being the first to see the light !

SCORE:
BS-25=1
BS-11=0
RP-11=1

000032.jpg
000042.jpg

RP 11
000051.jpg

Next round: "reach the 3rd node"

Event update

Red Poison has appeared (actually, you can see on the above pic that a bit of soil is coming up, that's RP pushing).
Things are going fast, so next step will be "Reach the 2nd node".

Latest score
BS-25=1
BS-11=0
RP-11=1

Event update

A few pics to check where we are:

- Second node is developping, but I would not say we are there yet.

BS 25 shows very clear colors. Looks healthy though. If it is a deficiency, it should resolve by itlsef soon.
00006-0001.jpg

The Red Poison is doing fine too
00006-0002.jpg

BS 11 looks promising, it shows a bit of yellow like BS 25. I remember that this strain is sensitive to water during the first 2 weeks.
00006-0003.jpg

Latest score
BS-25=1
BS-11=0
RP-11=1

Okay I didn't know autos' roots tended to be lazy. My plant is receiving root booster since the beginning but overall it still got a slow growth. Still don't know why, maybe it's not linked to the pot size!

With auto flowering plants they grow to there pot size. That's why you never hear of an autoflower becoming root bound (and if you do it's normally root rot). You can grow them in tiny 3.5L pots to get like 10-20 grams each or you can grow them in 25L pots and they grow as much as the strain allows. But it has everything to do with pot size and even shape.

Back
Top Bottom