New Grow: Nicole Kush x Moroccan

Hushsoundz

Hello all. This is my 2nd Grow attempt. 1st one I destroyed by pouring beer in the soil. Lesson learned!
My 2nd attempt I'm growing Nicole Kush x Moroccan (feminized) from Herbies seeds.
I've germinated using the paper towel method then planting directly in her home to be for her duration.
-3.5gal bucket - Mothers nature organic soil / worm casting / perlite.
FF nutrients.
-lighting - 300w galaxy hydro led. In grow tent.
The seed has broken soil and is now a week old.
I am a little concerned because I think she should have grown more than that in a week. It may just be my anticipation.
Any input/advice would be helpful.
Thanks
I will continue to update. In the weeks to come. Here are pics
420-magazine-mobile1538446982.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333686698.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1178991406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm at about the same experience level, so probably not much help. How far is the light from the plant? Looks like it could be closer as LED doesn't put off a lot of heat. I'm sure someone will wander in with better specifics and ideas. Not going to even ask about the beer and theory behind it ;) LOL

Hi, I was wondering about the distance of the light from the plants too.

LED's don't put out a lot of heat but they are a pretty intense light. Plants can get burned, similar to sunburn (via UV/IFR rays), even if there is not a lot of heat, if the light is too close. I think a safe distance for a 300W LED is (3 watt chips?) is about 30 inches or so (i think your about 2 - 3 ft away?)

I am not an expert either but I am also running LED's for the first time so have done a lot of research on the subject. I am running a 300w for veg and an 800w for flower.

I am also interested in the strain you're growing. I got a couple as freebies.

That looks like OK growth for a week. You mentioned FF nutes and Organic soil. I don't know anything about Mother Nature's brand but most organic soils are rich with nutrients, with enough nutes to feed the plants for the first 4 - 6 weeks.

When using soil, most people don't begin feeding nutes at least until the second set of true leaves have grown in. It can be overkill with whats already in the soil.

best of luck on your grow!

Thanks all for the input. I will keep you informed on the grow. Yea. The light is about 2feet away. I'm not adding any more nutes until after a few weeks well after the plant has taken off in growth.

Good morning all. Just wanted to keep you up to date with the growth progress.
It is now day 10. Seedling appears to be coming along ok. Plan on watering today. No nutrients as there is plenty left in soil and the tips appear a little brown.
420-magazine-mobile186586895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile782152032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1868538867.jpg

Its been a few days since that pic. Soil is dry now. Don't wanna overwater. Trying to find a method. Thanks

It is a bit tricky in the beginning to find a correct water schedule, I know.

Do you know HOW they feel when you lift them dry?
DO you have more perlite in the bottom of pot ? (a more perlite than soil in bottom layer?
Depending on HOW much water you give, ..but never drown them (unless you need to flush out )
never water EVERY day water around the plant not just in one place and it looks like a 5 gallon bucket? ( If it was dry I would poor a 1 1/2 liter about and wait at least a week, depending on heat of course.
(learned from my mistakes)

Its been a few days since that pic. Soil is dry now. Don't wanna overwater. Trying to find a method. Thanks

Nice to see that additional growth since the last pic. Watering can be a tricky thing but generally speaking it is good to let the medium dry so that the roots go searching for water; good for root development... And of course helps prevent drowning. After this grow you may want to give hempy bucket a go. Hempy makes feeding and watering schedule very easy and produces a fat yield.

Sent from my XT1528 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am on pc and see only one post from you :)
We have a new sponsor GeoPot.. just what you are talking about! GeoPot - GeoPot
Interesting stuff. Just checked it out. I get most of my supplies on Amazon but I'll keep this sponsor in mind and check them first next time I need something. Only went to the first page and saw all the various pots and script setups. Do they sell supplies like perlite and vermiculite? I buy a lot of that stuff. Anyway, what I am talking about is a cheap DIY passive hydro system.

Interesting stuff. Just checked it out. I get most of my supplies on Amazon but I'll keep this sponsor in mind and check them first next time I need something. Only went to the first page and saw all the various pots and script setups. Do they sell supplies like perlite and vermiculite? I buy a lot of that stuff. Anyway, what I am talking about is a cheap DIY passive hydro system.

Script = Scrog. Stupid auto-correct

It is a bit tricky in the beginning to find a correct water schedule, I know.

Do you know HOW they feel when you lift them dry?
DO you have more perlite in the bottom of pot ? (a more perlite than soil in bottom layer?
Depending on HOW much water you give, ..but never drown them (unless you need to flush out )
never water EVERY day water around the plant not just in one place and it looks like a 5 gallon bucket? ( If it was dry I would poor a 1 1/2 liter about and wait at least a week, depending on heat of course.
(learned from my mistakes)

Thanks. I have a good soil mixture of perlite / worm castings / organic soil. About half of the mix is perlite though.
I'm going to take your advice. I'll keep ya updated.
What is Hempy pot?

Hempy buckets can be made out of any plastic container such as trash cans, coke bottles, coolers and so on. You can make a hempy bucket out of anything that will hold water. You probably have something in your home right now that can be converted to a Hempy bucket.

Thanks. I have a good soil mixture of perlite / worm castings / organic soil. About half of the mix is perlite though.
I'm going to take your advice. I'll keep ya updated.
What is Hempy pot?

Hempy buckets can be made out of any plastic container such as trash cans, coke bottles, coolers and so on. You can make a hempy bucket out of anything that will hold water. You probably have something in your home right now that can be converted to a Hempy bucket.

True, I got my 2.5 gallon buckets at the dollar store for $1 a piece.

You can use different mediums in Hempy Buckets like Coco Coir but the most common is 3 parts perlite 1 part vermiculite. A lot of people use 100% perlite as well.

You simply drill a hole in a bucket 2 - 3 inches from the bottom, depending on the size of the container. Mine are 3 inches up. That creates a reservoir at the bottom of the bucket that the plants can drink/feed from when they are thirsty or need nutrients.

With Hempy, you start nutes right away because there are no nutrients in the soil. Full strength, follow feed schedule on bottle based current stage of growth (seedling/cutting, veg, bloom... etc.)

Here's a pick of the drainage from one of mine, to give you an idea:
IMG_20161020_083311228_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom