Sea of Freebies - SoG - LED - Organic - 1mx1m - 9 Plants

PurpleGunRack

:welcome: Hi 420 and welcome to my little Sea of Green side project! :welcome:

Germination started 02NOV2016

I'm doing this SoG grow to clear out some freebies, try some different strains, getting a fast harvest and trying SoG style growing.

I intend to veg for 2-3 weeks, right now they're vegging using Gas Lantern Routine under 2x Mars Hydro Reflector 144x5 in my big tent with my main project plants Sugar Black Rose - The Black - Delicious Candy and they will be moved to their designated tent when I'm ready to flip or when the other plants are ready to be transplanted to bigger pots.

Strains:

4L Hortipots:

1. Cheese - DinaFem

2. Critical+ - DinaFem

3. Dream Machine - Heavyweight

4. OG Kush - DinaFem

5. Bubba's Gift - Humboldt Seed Organization

6. Pakistan Valley - World of Seeds

3,5L square pot:

5. Cheese - DinaFem

6. Critical+ - DinaFem

7. Dream Machine - Heavyweight

Setup

Light:
2 x Mars Hydro Reflector 48x5w
Mars Hydro old style 60x3 UFO
Mars Hydro old style 100x3

combined draw ~410w at 230v

Tent:
Mars Hydro (100cm x 100cm x 180cm)

Extration:

S&P TD350/125 Silent, 125 mm carbon filter from PrimaKlima, mini silencer. acoustic ducting

Pots:

4L Hortipots and 3,5L TEKU square pots

Medium:

BioBizz Light-Mix with a generous amount of rinsed perlite added

Fertilizer:

Full BioBizz regime

Other:
Circulation fan

WP_20161112_23_02_00_Pro.jpg

Day 11 from start of germination

WP_20161112_23_19_13_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

subbed.. good idea for the freebies. They add up quickly. It used to be a factor when buying beans, getting freebies, now i just want what I order, extras of the order :rofl:

subbed.. good idea for the freebies. They add up quickly. It used to be a factor when buying beans, getting freebies, now i just want what I order, extras of the order :rofl:

Good to see you here mate :passitleft:

I wanted to do some strains I recently discovered from In House Genetics and Burning Bush Nurseries + some autos, but I didn't have the funds to buy all those seeds at the time, I already bought the main characters months ago and all the nice freebies were just sitting there:)

I tried to get a 3 pack of a Burning Bush Nurseries strain(Sunset Sherbert, Key Lime Pie or Inphinite Euphoria) from a small British seed bank, but they were out of stock and I got a refund...

So now I have some time to find some of those illusive strains ;)

Nice LEDs bro. And set up coming along for the ride

YA MON

Thanks man took no less than 15 easy rolls criss crossing to get them all in there :)

Welcome aboard mate :passitleft:

How is it going here?

What do you think of the Hortipots compared to the Air-pots?

It's all good, I'll get some pics up soon.

When using cloth pots the soil surface dries out faster, and it's apparent to me now that it's not the best for seedlings.

I haven't yet comared same approximate size final pot(yet), but the 7gal. cloth pots have potential for some big plants.
So whether one grows bigger/healther plants than the other I can't say.

The Air-Pots are just so much easier clean and move around, also tying garden twine to a rigid pot is much less of pain than the soft cloth pots. The only problem is that they're pretty hard to water properly, and it's best to have a saucer so some of the ''run-off'' can be absorbed from the bottom - but Air-Pot don't make saucers that fit their pots and big round saucers are hard to find...

Cleaning the cloth pots is annoying if you don't have a place to hose them down outdoors, maybe one could be a dick and go wash them at a laundrette:)

Lst; Fishing hook on end of wire and into fabric pot? Or would that rip it?

Lst; Fishing hook on end of wire and into fabric pot? Or would that rip it?

I think it would tear the fabric over time, sowing in loops is probably the best way to go.

Clothes pins can be used but it's hard to get them to stay on when you want to really force down a branch.

Some people tie an ''anchor'' string around the pot and tie strings to that criss cross under the bottom to keep it in place when the tied down branches forces it upwards.

Update Day 19 from seed

The wee ones are growing nicely, has been a bit slow but I lowered the lights and they started growing strong.

I think I'm gonna begin feeding lightly tomorrow, and move the girls to their final tent / flip in 1-2 weeks.

If anybody has experience in when it's best to flip SoG plants in small pots, plese share!

WP_20161120_18_59_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20161120_18_59_19_Pro.jpg

:circle-of-love:

It's all good, I'll get some pics up soon.

When using cloth pots the soil surface dries out faster, and it's apparent to me now that it's not the best for seedlings.

I haven't yet comared same approximate size final pot(yet), but the 7gal. cloth pots have potential for some big plants.
So whether one grows bigger/healther plants than the other I can't say.

The Air-Pots are just so much easier clean and move around, also tying garden twine to a rigid pot is much less of pain than the soft cloth pots. The only problem is that they're pretty hard to water properly, and it's best to have a saucer so some of the ''run-off'' can be absorbed from the bottom - but Air-Pot don't make saucers that fit their pots and big round saucers are hard to find...

Cleaning the cloth pots is annoying if you don't have a place to hose them down outdoors, maybe one could be a dick and go wash them at a laundrette:)

Thank you for your answer! I thought that it was good to have some run-off to avoid salt build up, so if it gets sucked back it wouldn't be that good nope?

But yes I agree, watering isn't the easiest with the Air-pots and you gotta be careful to go super slow at the edges otherwise it runs out instantly.

For the big saucers you should look up the brand Elho, I got mine from them and they make these up to 45cm I believe.

Your plants are looking good! What's the light distance now?
Keep it up!

Thank you for your answer! I thought that it was good to have some run-off to avoid salt build up, so if it gets sucked back it wouldn't be that good nope?

But yes I agree, watering isn't the easiest with the Air-pots and you gotta be careful to go super slow at the edges otherwise it runs out instantly.

For the big saucers you should look up the brand Elho, I got mine from them and they make these up to 45cm I believe.

Your plants are looking good! What's the light distance now?
Keep it up!

I did it without issues, but the soil and nutes I use are organic and I give plain water at least once between feedings.

If you're afraid of build up. alternating between nutes and clean water should do especially if you water them thoroughly when giving plain water and letting that run-off drain away.
It's just a waste of nutes if you wanna get the medium fully saturated with those pots...

Thanks for the tip on Elho saucers they are available in up to 50cm in bauhaus stores which are everywhere ;)

I started having the lights 110cm above the canopy and the past week or so I gradually moved them down to 60cm, where they are now.

Thanks a lot for saying that because now I realize that I've been wasting some nutes! I do water with clear water between feedings and I also use organic nutrients.

Up to 50cm!? That's awesome: I'm gonna get a bigger one then because it's quite messy if I have to water the plant inside the tent with the Air-pot... Besides, my tent isn't designed for the way I use it and I literally have bars just under the door.

Great tip on the lights, I'm gathering a maximum of info for my next grow :)

How are your plants doing?

Thanks a lot for saying that because now I realize that I've been wasting some nutes! I do water with clear water between feedings and I also use organic nutrients.

Up to 50cm!? That's awesome: I'm gonna get a bigger one then because it's quite messy if I have to water the plant inside the tent with the Air-pot... Besides, my tent isn't designed for the way I use it and I literally have bars just under the door.

Great tip on the lights, I'm gathering a maximum of info for my next grow :)

How are your plants doing?

I gave them nutes a couple of days ago and they're responding nicely ;) I'll get some pices up in the weekend.

Subbed. I have that Pakistan Valley tentatively planned for my next go from seed. So that will actually be sometime next year but it's good to get a little preview. Actually, I'm interested in everything you have growing. Rock it!

Welcome aboard :Namaste:

I've been thinking about growing Pakistan Vallay for some time but other strains were ranking higher on the list, so it's gonna be fun to get a little sample:)

Update Day 26 from seed

They really liked the nutes and loweed lights, and they're growing nicely now.
Looks like the Cheese is a fast growing strain;)
I think I should flip them within the next week, any advice welcome:)

WP_20161127_21_45_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20161127_21_44_57_Pro.jpg

:green_heart:

Update Day 43 (Flowering Day 14)

I'm working out of town at the moment and haven't had much time with the plants.
I flipped the ladies on the first day of December, after 30 days of veg from seed, and moved them to their final tent :)
Pistils didn't show until around 10 days after flip, I'm used to 2-3 days on bigger plants when flipping from Gas Lantern Routine. They probably haven't had time to build up enough Florigen to begin flowering right away.

Getting a good drench with flower nutes 2 days after flip

WP_20161203_01_43_13_Pro.jpg

Thirsty girls on Monday (Day 41) just before watering, they should be good until I get back home.

WP_20161213_01_15_38_Pro.jpg

Update Day 56 (Flower Day 27)​

The girls are flowering nicely now and trichomes are beginning to appear :)
I'm stepping up the nutes now and pushing them as much as possible.

I've been doing a lot of pruning lately pinching off all the lower shoots on all branches except the main of course ;)

DSC0008418.JPG

DSC0004423.JPG

:passitleft:

Looking good purple.. happy new year.. :passitleft:

Update Day 68 (Flower Day 39)

I gave the girls a good drench with nutes a couple of days ago, and I think I burned some of them...
It's a pain having different strains with different needs in a SoG grow - lesson learned :)

But it's all going well after all with flowers swelling up and more trichomes appearing ;)

So far it looks like the Dream Machine doesn't like being grown in SoG, but hopefully they surprise and become massive bud on a stick plants :laughtwo:

Both Cheese's has more trichomes than any of the other plants, the one in cloth pot is short and bushy and the one in square pot is tall and slender(right and left on the front row)

DSC0011220.JPG

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom