The Lonely Mountain Seeking Great Heights - Indoor Organic Grow - G2HM

Organic Garden of Healing by Grow 2 Heal Me

2017 - “Growing green – still a novice but keen – made friends in the 420 mag scene – retraining my brain by planting a seed – humble harvests serving my need – walk the Lonely Mountain with the courage to lead.

2016 - "Growing green - a beauty to be seen - no time for mean - a friend, you can lean...on"

Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to give me a new purpose in life.
:welcome:

Growers Mission:-Slow down degenerative brain disease through the processes of growing green medicine.
:Namaste:

Purpose: Retrain my brain and exercise my executive functions through cognitive tasks.
:thumb:

Degenerative Brain Disease: Test results are in…but are not the final diagnosis.:love:

"...these findings are worrisome for a frontotemporal neuro degenerative process. The differential include frontal variant Alzheimer's disease. Clinical correlation is needed. Consider psychostimulants to augment frontal lobe function and cholinesterase inhibitors to augment hippcampal function."

Novice Grower:1.5 years of growing my heart out. I’ve got one major harvest under my belt after 3 previous attempts. Thanks to help of the 420 forum, I am able to learn from others and challenge myself to be better each harvest. Now that I have a proper harvest under my belt, I am looking to increase quantity while looking for the ultimate formula that will soothe my soul and cradle my brain pain to go away.

Accomplishments:
*I learned how to grow while battling a brain disease in my early 40's.
*I built my own “veg” area out of wired cubes and hung T5’s.
*I have a “flower” area now.
*I am a retired soccer player and live my life through good sportswomanship values.
*I have the confidence to speak to people about growing in supply shops.

Tech Specs & Plant Details
(please excuse any errors I’m still learning)

What strains have I experimented with:

1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - Vancouver Seed Bank - July 2015
2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015
3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015
4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015
5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016

What new strains will be coming up in this journal
Quarter Pounder Auto – Canuk Seeds – 20% Indica – Sativa 80%
Kush, Blueberry, White Widow…whatever I can get my hands on.

Medicinal purposes only –Seeking different strains for different pains. Also wanting to target my brain with as many healing nutrients from growing green. Target my body will pain relief I still crave for pain attacks.

ALL INDOOR GROW

Vegetation Area & Flower Area exist separately.

Soil Accessory: Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.

Growing times: 20/4 hr for auto, 18/6 hr for photo veg – 12/12 hour for flower – super important to remind myself.

Soil: Promix - “This potting mix is regionally formulated from Canadian sphagnum, peat moss, peat humus and/or composted forest products. Coco fibre, perlite, lime, controlled release fertilizer and mycorrhizae”

10 inch – Self Watering Pot *Veg area only
5 gallon “Aroma” buckets

Size of light: 2x 39 inch
(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping. Glass window/greenhouse type grow situation. Start off with very basic techniques in order not to overwhelm my brain with too much responsibility.-

I also have a Mars Hydro 48 Reflector that was donated to me by an angel. I am looking to get another one if at all possible.

Yes, air-cooled during the day with fan and , but not at night because it’s cooler at night naturally here.

Veg Temp of Room - 22-25 degrees
Flower Temp of Room - 65-75

Humidity ranges from 45-53 % for veg – I have put a water defuser in the veg area to provide the mist it so needs. If I don’t do this the humidity goes down to 30% and that is no bueno. I didn’t realize how important the humidity was until I started to accidentally break branches off because they were almost brittle from lack of moisture.

PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 ph balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy, transparent dirty green/orange.

Any Pests ? I did in the early stages of my over-watering phase. But now that I am experimenting with self-watering I have not had bugs for a year now. I swear it’s the easiest way to keep bugs away organically and without drastic measures that could affect my plants.
How often are you watering? Once a week now in veg state, with food - or up to 3 times w/food in rapid veg growth depending on the strain.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Organic
– Root Booster *new to my lineup
- BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 – 5 ml/litre)
– Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 – 5ml/litre)
– CaMg+ (10 ml/litre)
– Bio Bloom – (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre)

Thesis - To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. Plants are the greatest teachers and most forgiving creatures on this Earth.

Must Improve:
1. Language aka Growing Processes.
2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.
3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.

Enhanced abilities:
1. Music
2. Innovation & Creative Projects
3. Driving
4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!
5. Garden Management

Goals:
1. Accept my new state of being.
2. Make friends and stay social.
3. Grow the best medicine I can to slow down brain degeneration.
4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of inspiration.
5. Document my journey with grace and laughter.

Let the brain experiment BEGIN!

Experiment Details: To help you understand the barriers I face, here is just a brief quote of symptoms/results that I am addressing on a daily basis.-

Headaches - Headaches are my biggest enemy, but my brain attacks feel like I'm wearing a shrinking helmet.

Speaking Difficulties - I stutter when I can't find the word I need to say. I slur my speech after a huge day of brain activity.

Confusion - It may feel as though it takes longer to think, or my thinking capacity is not where it should be. I feel confused or feel as though it takes longer than usual to understand things. But I am great with visuals and lots of patience to problem solve. Ice on my head will help during these times.

Changes in Personality - I am hypersensitive and over apologize for everything. I question my every move now.

Dizziness - I have spatial issues, bumping into things and dropping my drink are making me slow down when doing physical things.

Difficulty Processing Information – When people talk to me it’s very difficult to remember everything they say. But if I have a visual cue I am able to solve problems. Being on the forum will allow me to read at my own pace without anyone detecting how long it takes for me to truly understand.

1. Headaches (Confusion, Dizziness & Speaking Difficulties) - Possible Solutions – Cannabis plants calm me down almost instantly. But when my headaches come on I have to lie down and put ice packs on my forehead. The headaches feel like I'm wearing a very small helmet and take me down a black hole. They can last up to 4 days none stop. Green meds relax my body as I tense up when I'm in pain. If I smoke during pain episodes, my body relaxes and brings my blood pressure down. I have a blood pressure machine by my bed to monitor my blood pressure everyday. It has blue tooth and sends my health info to my app on my phone. My family doctor checks my readings every two weeks when I see her. I feel better knowing that I can monitor my own vital signs and take action if needed. The technology makes it easier to take responsibility for my health.

2. Language aka Growing Processes (Confusion, Headaches, Speaking Difficulties & Changes in Personality) - Possible Solutions – Must read instructions and understand the definition of the growing process. It takes me about 3 reads to understand a paragraph of words. Although I can still think for myself, I have much difficulty saying the right words. I speak in riddles sometimes and I find it extremely difficult to remember what I was going to say.-

It's incredibly embarrassing when I talk in front of people face to face and attempt to complete an entire thought. People look at me and say I look great, but as soon as I open my mouth, I stutter my words and forget what I was saying. Then I just stop trying to talk. I try to hide behind my husband sometimes in social situations but the more I practice talking to people the easier it will get.-

Some people are accepting, some people call out my disability right away, rudely. The important detail here is to remember that I can't isolate myself just because I have a brain injury. Now it is much easier to deal with this language barrier through my growing lifestyle because it’s about gratitude not attitude. Growing keeps me social to learn new words, read out loud instructions, and rewards me with medicine from the Earth.-

3. Math aka Formulated Nutrients (Confusion, Headaches & Speaking Difficulties) – Possible Solutions - I think this is self-explanatory. I have trouble counting down, counting days on a calendar, adding numbers in my head and lastly, I was never good at math, but good enough. I am forcing myself to learn math by following nutrient formulas. This is my greatest loss, mixing up the wrong amount of nutrients. My plants in the past have suffered from my lack of understanding measurements. However, I have taught myself the basics and follow a grow chart that was given to me. Every grow I make a mistake, but my mistakes are becoming less and less, which makes me wiser and wiser. There is always room for improvement.

4. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks (Headaches, Confusion, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) – Possible Solutions - Now I know how my husband feels....lol. Loss of focus and concentration is no longer just a male thing in my family...hahahaha. Sooo, I have regimented myself with a daily routine that requires me to complete a list of tasks. Feedings, cleaning, grooming, recording specs & pics and sleep time. The exact problem I face is remembering what I was JUST doing. I go from one task to the other without always completing the prior task. This is a great opportunity to make lists and be methodical. Take risks but don't deviate from the proper formula. I am impulsive if I think something is wrong. I try to fix it, but many times it was my brain playing tricks on me. Therefore, my grow is a mirror of myself, imperfections are okay to accept.

5. Socially Awkward to Social Butterfly (Confusion, Depression, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) - Possible Solutions -
Make friends and ask for help, very difficult things to do. Go easier on myself. Accept my loss but celebrate my gain. My plants give me a new purpose and regiment to follow. I am not depressed, my brain is depressed because I couldn’t be happier in my life. I can handle this as long as I remember that it’s my brain playing tricks on my perception. In my opinion, if I was depressed, why would I work so hard to rehab myself with such a complicated by compassionate project? But I must be humble when I make mistakes instead of getting angry at myself and treat the plants like they were an extension of myself. I think I treat my plants better than myself. I would like to balance that, there is much work to be done. I’m excited.

Your support will help me get through one of the best and biggest traumatic experiences in my life. Now that we get closer with test results, the doctors have taken a faster and more keen approach to finding out how someone so young could have such a drastic change in cognition so quickly and still progressing...
But in the end, as long as I surround myself with light and love, it will help me feel alive inside.-
:cheer:

Lots of great growing in store...Really glad you guys could make it.
:420:hugs:thanks:

It's time for a new chapter, one filled with hope and accomplishments. You've made such great strides in this endeavour and it shows with every word. I'm here for the journey and for the stories of the lonely mountain, good luck to you my dear. I'm glad you're new journal is officially underway :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

It's time for a new chapter, one filled with hope and accomplishments. You've made such great strides in this endeavour and it shows with every word. I'm here for the journey and for the stories of the lonely mountain, good luck to you my dear. I'm glad you're new journal is officially underway :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Couldn't have done it without you!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Group Shot of my new Vegetation & Meditation Area

Members of the healing family are...

1. Two Aloes I rescued from supermarket who were neglecting them. Bartered them down 50% while almost shaming them for letting them get that way....lol. I have already doubled their size since and makes me feel like I'm transferring growing principles and applying them to a non-canna plant. So I'm proud of myself...

2. Two Quarter Pounder Auto Seedlings under T5's to give them the boost they need during critical root development time.

3. One CBDream to continue my quest to provide my own green medicine to slow down the degeneration of this brain disease. Heck, I would like to go as far and experiment to stop the degeneration altogether. This beauty of a plant is probably the easiest to grow and I would recommend it for beginners who need this particular strain without the fuss.

Insights:

My veg area is only one level because I have a separate flower area now. The scheduling of harvests will be critical as my space is very limited but I finally have all the right stuff together.

Hey check out my new temp and humidity gadget. POW! lol Now I can teach myself to get comfortable with numbers which encourages me to use executive functions through garden management 101. There is also water diffuser which will address my humidity issues I was having.

I am pretty stable at 24 degrees temp and 40-50% humidity in hopes I won't snap off anymore branches. I'm determined to do what I have to because now I know what great green medicine tastes like, especially when you grow it for yourself. You can't get that kind of results with any other medical therapy. Gardens keep people alive...

Thanks for taking in the view, pull up a chair, shhhmoke and chill.

IMG_665711.jpg

What’s Update – Organic Plant & Personal Growth Progress – Sat Dec 10, 2016

:welcome: Welcome to the strains for your brains journal!

Brain/Grow Rehabilitation Behaviour: Now that I have a veg & flowering area I must stay on top of both areas. I find that it’s much better to have the proper lights, even if it’s a minimal space. Looking to double my harvest from September and have a balance of Sativa, Indica & CBD. Also, I have challenged myself to NOT defoliate unless it's needed. I have only taken off 3 leaves and that is remarkable considering I used to almost strip the branches. I have tucked and tucked, more than the ladies at RuPauls Drag Race and it wasn't easy. With extreme discipline I have also kept this baby at a flat level not allowing any flower nodes to lift up and get carried away. This is my first time with no nute burn, I'm very happy with that as I am letting the plants tell me how much they really need.

Last Harvest Results To Beat:
DRY in jars= 54.15 g

22.35 – CB Dream
10.5 – Afghan Kush Clone
12.0 – Purple Kush
9.3 – Purple Kush

What am I grateful for?- “Living life 420 style”

Quote of the week:-“Is it legal yet?”

My humble garden of positive change awaits me…

1. Type:-Quarter Pounder Autos (Grow #7) Nov 8, 2016

Week:4

Days:40/2

Techniques:-Topped & LST

*Just moved them over to the flowering area a couple days ago

IMG_7193a.jpg
IMG_6704a.jpg
IMG_6789a.jpg
IMG_6911a.jpg
IMG_6906a.jpg
IMG_7325a.jpg

2. Type:-CB Dream (Grow #7) Oct 2, 2016

Week:10

Days: 70

Technique:-Topped & LST

*Still in the vegging area as I stretch her limbs from branch to branch to try in order to double her size since I grew her last. She is so easy to work with and a great smoke for during the day or to mix with other healing greens.

IMG_6684a.jpg
IMG_7045a.jpg
IMG_6711a.jpg
IMG_7244a.jpg
IMG_7340a.jpg

Nice to be back to read all the journals...or did I really leave?

Thank you for spending another day with me as I seek out strains for brains. 420Hugs

I'm always down to follow someone with a good cat photo included. My cat loves my room. If I don't go with her down there my first 30 minutes of getting home from work she will sit on the stairs and meow until I do... lol. All subbed up! Everything looks great so far.

Did you here the joke about the 3 holes in the ground?

Well, well, well! Lol hahaha...
Hi there GTH! Another grow, that's such a blessing! So good to hear from you and Wow, looks good already! I'll definitely be buzzing around this one. Yep, keeping the numbers down to a minimum sure helps when giving attention to each individual plant. I'm known to get ahead of myself and then get overwhelmed! Aggghhhh! Lol. But, we are in control. Our plants are wanting us to take that control! What a lovely harmonious relationship! Can't wait to see you growing!

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing

I'm always down to follow someone with a good cat photo included. My cat loves my room. If I don't go with her down there my first 30 minutes of getting home from work she will sit on the stairs and meow until I do... lol. All subbed up! Everything looks great so far.

Welcome! Catnip in the corner for your cat and smiles for you. I loved your story I'm in the same boat in the mornings. Amazing curious creatures they are. Thanks for stopping by!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

flap...flap..flap.... flying over and landing by the tent...
FINALLY I found your journal :) :party:

I hope you are well and your new babies will give you BIG healthy buds :love:

Ill be in the corner watching your future successes, looking forward to this grow. .

Thanks Pennywise, awesome to have you in my corner. Some cat antics here and there...lol.

Thanks for the invite. And thanks for that image of leaf tucking NOT! It may be months before I'm able to tuck leaves without feeling a little awkward.! :rofl:
:Namaste:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're so funny

flap...flap..flap.... flying over and landing by the tent...
FINALLY I found your journal :) :party:

I hope you are well and your new babies will give you BIG healthy buds :love:

Thanks AB, always glad to have you here to keep me on my toes...big buds crosses fingers!

Looky what we have here��great to see a new journal of yours Grow! Hope all is well in your world, how did your previous yield smoke up? Have a lovely day! Pat

Hi Pat great to hear from you, looks like we are moving up in the green world with continuous grows here. The smoke report is in my last journal but the total was about 56 grams and dense buds which I've never had before. I don't know if they smoked better because I grew them or because they were my favourite strains. I hope a little bit of both. I wish you the best in the garden Pat!:thumb:

THANKS FOR VISITING GUYS & GALS!:thanks:

The promix you're using had fertilizer in it already, correct? It looks to me you're beginning a deficiency, older leaves will show signs first with the macro nutrients. As it looks now I'd put it at phosphorus deficiency, possibly a phosphorus lockout due to too much nitrogen or varying Ph levels. As long as new growth is fine and healthy, it will grow out of it with your feeding schedule. Once we can pin point the deficiency you could do a few foliar feedings to get it back to health. I'll check in tomorrow to see the progression if any...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Could be water/nutrients splashed on to the leaves, its only affecting that 1 fan leaf.

Sent from my iPad using 420

You know I did spray it with water and then it started to brown. Now it's on the top two only, but I did spray water on both. Soooo, we wait it out...thanks my friend

The promix you're using had fertilizer in it already, correct? It looks to me you're beginning a deficiency, older leaves will show signs first with the macro nutrients. As it looks now I'd put it at phosphorus deficiency, possibly a phosphorus lockout due to too much nitrogen or varying Ph levels. As long as new growth is fine and healthy, it will grow out of it with your feeding schedule. Once we can pin point the deficiency you could do a few foliar feedings to get it back to health. I'll check in tomorrow to see the progression if any...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The fertilizer did have nutrients in it. When I started these autos, I did have them in a cup of just soil, no nutrients. But I transferred it over to the 5 gal last week and turned the bloom on and now it's dry and kinda brown. I will wait my fearless leader. Until then, I bite my nails. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom