CKS Candy Cane Grow - DWC

Torst

This is my very first attempt at DWC. I have 7 Candy Cane's in 4 5 gal. buckets.

Not much to see yet. These plants are just over 6 weeks old today. Using AN 3 part nutes under a 600 watt HPS running 12/12 due to my other photo plants.

2016-12-07_19_03_14.jpg

2016-12-07_19_03_40.jpg

Very nice..theres lots. To see..nice vertical growth..healthy green with no deficancys...big stem development..
All they really need is a good leaf trimming to let that beautiful light in to all the plant not just the canopy from what i see..
Nice job brother..!!!

ya buddy! Looks great! Are there white spots on the lower leaves? Looks like my damn thrip infested crop. Fortunately the mosquito dunks worked on them finally.

Yep I am noticing that as well. Leaves kind of spot and shrivel up and dry.

I had a major PH pen issue for about a week and ending up getting new ones... I don't see any flying insects in there. It all appears to be on lower leaves.

On some higher up leaves I am noticing straight through small holes in very random/few spots.

I am not giving the full strength AN nutes (about 70-75%), I wonder if that could be it or the PH pen issue? I have some calmag I could toss in.

After zooming in on those photos those white spots are spider mite damage..look around under the leaves real close. There hard to see sometimes..
Ive had them before and thats their signature..
There little red pin head size spiders..
But the plants are doing fine it seems..

What do you use for them, assuming you have had them?

Plants are fine, fully mature plants have awesome buds on them. Not overly worried but now it is something new to learn!

Just contacted AN to see what their recommendation would be.

If I have to spray anything I need to wait until Sunday when I cut down all my Hash Plants but not overly worried!

Can't seem to get neem oil locally here :(

Going to try and raise humidity, temps are already 23-24c (-31c outside). Adding even more fans until Monday when I get this stuff from Amazon.

looks like thrips to me. They've gotten the better of me a couple times.

I tried a systemic product that I found out was owned by Bayer the first time. Then they came back months later, presumably some dormant larva or something from the coco maybe? I used mosquito dunks. Crushed up a quarter "dunk" per 4 gallon watering. Seemed to do the trick pretty damn quick. I watered with the stuff for a couple of weeks to run through all of the life cycles so to speak.
As I understand, the dunks are consumed by the larvae and it kills them and the gestation period is roughly 3 days and the lifespan not much longer than that (?) so you need to treat a few generations once you see a sign of them. They multiply quickly and hatch in the growing medium then when they're a little older they'll feed on foliage and leave that silvering in the leaves and the black feces.
I don't think they fly well but if plants are close, they'll jump and spread that way.
I'm still not totally clear on the mosqito dunks product but it seems to work well. It's a total pain to work with because it doesn't dissolve, it just floats there and it's virtually impossible to pour it onto surface of the growing medium so I have crushed it up and sprinkled it on there to be watered over. It's supposed to be non-toxic to humans and something that you can't really use too much of from a toxicity perspective. It doesn't affect the ph or ec of your water either I don't think.
You'll know that you're winning when you don't see more damage, and when the new growth isn't being eaten. The damage to the leaves is permanent and you don't want to let it get out of hand, nip it in the bud ASAP.

I have sm-90 and neem oil on the way. They will be dealt with ;-)

Hash plant harvest has been amazing!!

It is equally possible that I have mites and I've been fighting the wrong war for months. I've seen my enemy in person a few times and assumed that was all it was but thrips don't leave holes as I understand, but I have had a few holes, although not as a prime indicator, so maybe I've got/had both?

Reusing growing medium is a necessary evil for me so I hope I don't have to do this dance many .. or any more times.

I actually water with SM-90 hahahaha I've never used it as a foliar. I also used Einstein Oil emmulsified in hot water and sprayed with a misting bottle. I could never get the hang of it. I don't know if I had it too concentrated, or the water/mist was too warm or what but my plants never appreciated it and they really let me know.

Interesting.

Once I get this stuff we will see how it goes! These plants are just going crazy, for autos anyway.

Pistils and bud sites every where today.

Just sprayed SM-90 earlier today but more fans, cooler temps and spraying some mist at lights out seems to have also helped!

These girls are getting BIG for auto's! Some fan leaves measuring 7.5+ inches and pistils everywhere!

Edit: Man is it easy to keep temperatures perfect when it is -34c outside :p

Back
Top Bottom