Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Photos

MsSinful

This grow is already off to a great start since I slowly upgraded my setup through out the last grow.
Tent. 3x3x5.7ft
Light. PerfectSun 500 led
Soil. Roots Organic Original
Nutes. Rock Nutrients
Strains: 4 total
auto blue amnesia total time 12 weeks flower is 6 to 7 weeks.
auto midnight express breeder says seed to harvest is 55-60 days.
Kali's white shadow fem flowering time 7 to 9 weeks.
Ganesh spirit fem breeder says flower time is 56 days.

All seeds sprouted by Nov27. I lost 1 Ganesh right after it broke thru the soil and have another that is stunted so I put this plant in a much smaller container to make it easier to focus on the roots. I was actually hoping to have a mother plant of this strain so we'll see how things go.
That's another thing I tried different for this grow.. starting in larger pots. The autos are in 1gal pots start to finish. I don't think I'll do this again though.
I noticed with the last grow the Caramelo I had topped and lst didn't have enough time in veg to really delvople the way I thought it would. So this time around I want to make sure I give the photos a bit longer in veg

I'm excited to give the auto blue amnesia's another shot. Last grow I forced to many training techniques at them all at once which in the end destroyed the yield.

Today they are 12 days old. I can see the difference in growth the new LED promotes. You can see for yourself with this picture.

420-magazine-mobile1337691016.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1722516730.jpg

One of the Midnight Express Autos popped as a 3 leaf seedling. I absolutely adore this plant so with the help of Fuzznutter she has been given a name. Treycy which is a play off the female name Tracy. She's starting to get top heavy so I needed to give her some extra support. You might notice she looks a bit droopy that's because I've over watered this plant. She'll be fine I'm sure just needs time to dry out.
420-magazine-mobile1828458.jpg

These are my 2 Ganesh Spirits. You can see how stunt 1 is.
420-magazine-mobile61619292.jpg

Here's the Kali's
420-magazine-mobile503484013.jpg

I look forward to this grow and the great people I may meet along the way. .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos &...

420-magazine-mobile1312469762.jpg

Autos are a bit droopy because I just gave them Rock "grow" for the first time. They will bounce back tomorrow.. full of life.

I haven't fed the photo plants yet I'm thinking within the next few days. I want to make sure the soil is 100% dry.

420-magazine-mobile839997270.jpg

Re: Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Pho

Found you :) have some +++reps for a good beginning :)

Yayy! Did that link work or no? What are "reps" I've seen it said a few times but never a reason behind it.

Re: Sinful's 2nd Journal - PerfectSun500 LED - Roots Organic Soil Growing Autos & Pho

Subbed up @MsSinful interested in seeing those strains grown out.

"carpe diem"

Awesome, I'm glad to have you around Islandgrow .

Yayy! Did that link work or no? What are "reps" I've seen it said a few times but never a reason behind it.

reps++ are reputation points given ( see the star under a post..on pc only..I don't know)

Thanks AngryBird, I just found a thread on it. I would like to share that info in this journal so I'll need to spend some time figuring out how to share a link later today.

15 days old today. I've switched the light cycle from 24/0 to 20/4 I believe on Saturday.
I started "ponytailing" most of the plants this morning when the light came on. I haven't had the time to buy pipe cleaners at the store so I'm using the plant twists I have for now.
I know I said that I wouldn't top the blue amnesia auto this grow but that plan is out the window. The 2 plants I have of this strain are just growing perfectly. They are twice the size of what they were last grow at this age. So I decided to listen to the plant not my plans and top both.
I believe it has a lot to do with better air flow this time.

420-magazine-mobile1417265092.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824088348.jpg

I hope the links work so the right person gets credit for this post (SteveHman) I feel like this is great information that more should know about.

I've seen a couple people ask recently about rep points and likes and what is the difference. When I first joined this community I had no idea what they were, how they were awarded and what those green boxes meant.

Reps and Likes are a way of recognizing your fellow member for things they've posted, said, done etc... The differences are subtle. When you click the "like" button on a post, or picture you are telling the poster and the rest of the community that you "like" what you've seen or read. It is part of the public forum and everyone can see who "liked" the thread. There are no points awarded for "liking" someone.

Reps are a different story. Reps are given when another member sees some value or merit in what another posts. Reps are also a private matter, the rest of the community never knows who rep'd someone else. The recipient of the rep will get a Private Message that they've received the rep along with a short message from the giver. Now here is the major difference. When a member receives reps, it counts towards rep points, which in turn equal little green boxes under the person's name. The more green boxes, the higher a person's reputation amongst their fellow members.

As you look at some of the older member you see a lot of green boxes. I think that has to do a lot with the "facebook" mentality of just hitting "like" when you see something that warrants merit. Also the mechanism for giving reps is not widely known. Down at the bottom left corner you'll notice 3 icons. The center icon is a scale and clicking on that will allow you to rep a member. Often time you will see someone post "+reps" in a post to let others know that this member did/said something rep-worthy.

Also, you can't rep the same person over and over. You have to rep other members and spread the love before you can rep the same member again. Remember the Beatle's song "In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"

I've posted 2 links that provide more information on the reps system and the second link goes into detail explaining the process (thanks Tortured Soul, Soniq420, PitViper and Be Irie...+reps for all of you)

Everyone looks off to a great start! Of course, I have a favorite, but I don't want to make the others jealous by saying names. :winkyface: :)

AngryBird, let's get some cheer going in this tent. The ladies need to feel love to grow. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Our girl Treycy is doing well. I just learned about the technique "ponytailing" at the perfect time. I was thinking about topping her but it would of destroyed her extra branching.

420-magazine-mobile1470922993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile645634385.jpg

I will follow along with this if that's ok? :)

All looking gorgeous so far. And you have a beast of a light so I think your babies are gonna be very happy there :)

Blue Amnesia sounds amazing :) I have amnesia twins in my little grow :)

Looking forward to seeing these babies flourish :)

I will follow along with this if that's ok? :)

All looking gorgeous so far. And you have a beast of a light so I think your babies are gonna be very happy there :)

Blue Amnesia sounds amazing :) I have amnesia twins in my little grow :)

Looking forward to seeing these babies flourish :)

Of course, I'm glad to have you. It seems our grows are close in time frame. Maybe we can learn from each other along the way.
I love this light. Huge step up from the old school mars hydro 300w LED I was using.

Of course, I'm glad to have you. It seems our grows are close in time frame. Maybe we can learn from each other along the way.
I love this light. Huge step up from the old school mars hydro 300w LED I was using.

Thanks. It will be a pleasure and a great journey :)

It's funny I currently just have the old school mars 300. I ideally wanted the same light as you, but didn't quite have the funds at the time and I'm not a fan of international postage containing grow equipment. Yet!

However, I got a real bargain on a pretty decent Platinum P450 which is currently winging it's way to my place :) In some ways similar to your 500 in that it uses a much broader spectrum of light than a lot of led's out there. Not a total beast like yours though!

We shall see how my babies like it :)

Thanks. It will be a pleasure and a great journey :)

It's funny I currently just have the old school mars 300. I ideally wanted the same light as you, but didn't quite have the funds at the time and I'm not a fan of international postage containing grow equipment. Yet!

However, I got a real bargain on a pretty decent Platinum P450 which is currently winging it's way to my place :) In some ways similar to your 500 in that it uses a much broader spectrum of light than a lot of led's out there. Not a total beast like yours though!

We shall see how my babies like it :)

I totally get it. When I received the light the return address was actually for a "painting company" haha I thought that was cool.
I was looking at the platinum series before "thebeast27" was sponsored by black diamond. It was one of top 10 LED lights for the year right? I'm sure your plants will love it.

I totally get it. When I received the light the return address was actually for a "painting company" haha I thought that was cool.
I was looking at the platinum series before "thebeast27" was sponsored by black diamond. It was one of top 10 LED lights for the year right? I'm sure your plants will love it.

I recently had a very awkward bit of kit delivered to a bloody neighbour! Thankfully they were old and just sent it back without opening :)

I don't know about it being top 10 or anything but that sounds positive. I looked at loads of lights and at the price I paid it was the best available. It looks pretty good and has clearly been well conceived.

The proof is in the pudding though, as they say in shitty old england :)

420-magazine-mobile131960446.jpg

Not much going on. I transplanted the 1 Ganesh and 3 Kali Mist's today. I thought these nursery pots were only 1gal until I got them back in the tent. They must be 2gal. The roots looked amazing bright white some looked fuzzy. The stunted Ganesh I placed in a humidity dome to see if that will help her grow. If I don't see improvement within a week I'll just toss it.

I love that I have pictures from my last grow to compare with now.
The plants on the top are from the past vs the bottom picture of now and they are only 1 day part in age.
The difference blows my mind!

420-magazine-mobile70207764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom