Death Bubba - Flood & Drain Journal 2x4 Setup

kushnoj27

Hey everybody! I actually started a previous grow journal but decided to start a new one as mid-way through the seedling/veg period I decided to take a different route with flood and drain instead of DWC. Also going from 2 plants to 20... lol

If you would like to see the previous journal the link is here which includes pictures and details of my setup:
My First DWC Grow Journal - White Cookies From Seed

re: Death Bubba - Flood & Drain Journal 2x4 Setup

Day 1: Transplant death bubba clones from jiffy pellets to 1 gallon pots mixed with Royal Gold coco coir. I filled the bottom of the pots with about 1-2 inches of hydroton for increased drainage and so the coco wouldn't pool at the bottom.

I do not have a light proof reservoir (yet) so for this crop, it will be a mixture of top feeding and flood/drain to waste

IMG_55029.jpg

IMG_55038.jpg

IMG_55048.jpg

1 week after transplant, I LST'd the plants over to one side and let them grow out for another week before I topped.

Nutrients: 300PPM
Feed: Once every 2-3 days until roots established
Temperature: 75-78 Fahrenheit
Humidity: 70-80%

IMG_55306.jpg

A week later
IMG_55418.jpg

Topped all plants at this point
IMG_55316.jpg

I topped the plants 1 more time during the veg period to create a wide short canopy, prepping for the net trellis.

Installed trellis, removed all foliage not getting light underneath and flipped to 12/12

Time to start weaving the branches through the stretch period for about 10-12 days.

Flowering Period:

Feed: Twice per day, Once 30 minutes after lights on, and then 4 hours later
Nutrients: 900PPM Week 1 (Dual Fuel 1 + 2, Cal Mag, Bud Candy)
Temp: 72-78 Fahrenheit
Humidity: 50-60%

IMG_56516.jpg

IMG_565211.jpg

IMG_56536.jpg

IMG_56548.jpg

IMG_565510.jpg

Flowering Period Week 2:

Tucking branches everyday making sure canopy is still even, couple more days and I will let them go.

Feed: Bumping nutrients to 1200PPM we will see how they like it, right now feeding twice a day is really benefiting the plants as i can see explosive new growth.
Nutrients: 1200PPM Week 2 (Dual Fuel 1 + 2, Cal Mag, Bud Candy, Big Bud)
Temp: 72-78 Fahrenheit
Humidity: 50-60%

IMG_56678.jpg

IMG_56695.jpg

IMG_56705.jpg

Hey hope i can join in I jus bout a 2x4 ebb n flow system made by botanicare. Got of craigs for 125 so i thought why not. I understand u r doing flood to waste but still ebb n flow. Will b here for the rest of the ride if u don't mind. Things look good and very healthy!!

hey thanks pino, everyone is welcomed here! Just trying to get as much info out there to help other people and to gain some knowledge as well.

What I initially did was top feed during early veg first 2 weeks because it was much easier and accessible. This was drain to waste.

Once the area was full and plants in the back were hard to access, i would fill the tray with nutrients from my bucket using my sub pump (160gph), that would drain into the tub underneath my tray and I would then dispose.

But now what I'm finding easier is making up my nutrients, pumping it into the tub at the bottom of my tent, then just hooking up the pump to the tray, true ebb and flow.

It fills the tray and then drains back into the same tub, which I am now reusing for multiple feeds a day over about a 3-4 day period. Then I change my nuts and clean my res.

I do not have a lightproof reservoir yet so my main concerns were algae and bacteria but it seems the res was staying under 70 degrees and if I change nutes every 3-4 days and clean the res - seems to be working just fine.

Just make sure to keep PH levels in check, 5.8 - 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks crowded. 20 plants is a bit much for a 2x4 space, right? Couldnt you get a bigger yield with 4 plants in a bigger pot with alot more LST and tuck/tie. I think 20 plants is preventing outward growth which is going to create stress and make the plants fight for light. IMO, you will have a smaller yield than you expect to get.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420

Well m interested in the sea of green style! Let's c what the outcome is. We r all here to learn good bad or so be it. Ur garden looks great!! What is ur light setup n tent size? Keep up the good work!!

Looks crowded. 20 plants is a bit much for a 2x4 space, right? Couldnt you get a bigger yield with 4 plants in a bigger pot with alot more LST and tuck/tie. I think 20 plants is preventing outward growth which is going to create stress and make the plants fight for light. IMO, you will have a smaller yield than you expect to get.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420

Well I have done grows with 4 plants and 8 plants in my 2x4, was happy with results but wanted to try something different. They are in 1 gallon pots with coco and hydroton, plenty of room for root growth. I LST'd and topped multiple times, kept an even canopy the whole time and continuing to keep it even with the net trellis. I lollipopped everything that was not getting light. I am not looking for outward growth, it's all concentrated to the tops, which is what I want.

Stick around and follow along if you'd like, its all about experimentation!

Well m interested in the sea of green style! Let's c what the outcome is. We r all here to learn good bad or so be it. Ur garden looks great!! What is ur light setup n tent size? Keep up the good work!!

It's a 2x4x5'11 gorilla shorty tent with a KIND LED K3 600w. Hope to see you around for the ride! Thanks!

Well I have done grows with 4 plants and 8 plants in my 2x4, was happy with results but wanted to try something different. They are in 1 gallon pots with coco and hydroton, plenty of room for root growth. I LST'd and topped multiple times, kept an even canopy the whole time and continuing to keep it even with the net trellis. I lollipopped everything that was not getting light. I am not looking for outward growth, it's all concentrated to the tops, which is what I want.

Stick around and follow along if you'd like, its all about experimentation!

When I started out on this adventure, I intended on doing something very similar but in a 4x8 room. Now I'm planning a similar concept but vertical and fogponics.

When I started out on this adventure, I intended on doing something very similar but in a 4x8 room. Now I'm planning a similar concept but vertical and fogponics.

That's awesome you should start a grow journal as well, would love to follow along on that. Always was interested in vertical grows!

Back
Top Bottom