1st Time Auto Topped LED Grow

CHED

CHED welcomes you to his mystical shed of wonders!!

Welcome all to the beginning of what hopefully will be an ongoing adventure for years to come. I would like to start by saying thank you to the people and to 420magazine. In the past 3 months I have learned so much from all the experiences and friends giving advise. I think it's a great gathering of like minded individuals trying to help a fellow connoisseur.

Having said all that, I want to send a massive shout out to my good friend Jedi Master Stinky Snid :Namaste:!! If it weren't for this guy i'm not sure if i would have taken the leap. I was willing... when i told stinky snid.... he just pushed me over the edge. :thanks: He took me under his wing, didn't always give me the answer but always showed me how to find it myself.:high-five: He advised me to join the forums and start my own journal so here we go...
:thanks:

secret jardin dp60- 60cmx40cmx60cm
light-100w mars hydro led panel
pot size- hard to say, i bought the pots at a dollar store and i cut them down a bit to fit the tent. id say between 2-2.5L
medium (soiless promix)-bat guano, bone meal, perlite, vermiculite, Epsom salts, worm castings
intake/outtake- pc fans
humidifier

strain- Northern lights (crop king)
Currently doing two plants. One is lady red and the other, baby blue. Names were chosen 100% on pot color lol. They are in veg, week 4 after first soil break.
nutes-I am using the general organics go box for my first run. my Jedi Master said it was a good way to go.

So far I am having excellent results with the go box. I have topped both after the third node and they are doing well, the plan is to lst them so they stay low and are able to have a good stretch in bloom given the limited space I have for my apartment grow. So far so good, lots of growth. Training everything so it all has a good 1-1.5ft of room to stretch:thumb::thumb::thumb:.

I'm trying to post as much info as possible as it is my first time posting to a thread like this so i hope i got all the important stuff. pictures will be coming shortly.....

STAY TUNED!!!:Namaste: :thumb::thumb::Namaste:

20161210_134802.jpg
20161210_134810.jpg

Lady red and baby blue in their full glory! Looking great thus far considering I don't know what I'm doing lol. Had a few stumbles so far... had a stem snap during lst and constant humidity problems but none the less these babies r going nuts. i repaired the stem using a small piece of duct tape and it has slowly made a knuckle where the split was, will most likely feed the nutes tonight or tomorrow depending on how dry they are.

I have to say it's an interesting experience. Never grew indoors before. Only outdoor in high school and that's if it survived or didn't turn male. If you have limited space and want to maximize your growth, it's the way to go. I've seen enough to be convinced lol.

B.Real
I've been trying to reply to your message but I haven't figured this out yet and I'm using my phone which makes matters worse. My tent is only 2ft tall and my mars hydro is about 1ft from the soil. Hope u get this and I hope that helps.

Oh sorry I meant it as I read before that topping autoflowering plants was not a good idea due to its short life span. But I am following another thread of someone growing an auto that he topped, he didn't see any Slowed growth.

I top my clones multiple times early as I have a 2x4 gorilla shorty tent. I do sea of green with a net trellis, you can check out my grow journal I'm currently doing

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oh sorry I meant it as I read before that topping autoflowering plants was not a good idea due to its short life span. But I am following another thread of someone growing an auto that he topped, he didn't see any Slowed growth.

I top my clones multiple times early as I have a 2x4 gorilla shorty tent. I do sea of green with a net trellis, you can check out my grow journal I'm currently doing

I read about the slowed growth while researching aswell however I ha end really experienced this yet. You compensate by topping at the third node rather than the 4th or 5th. So far so good. (Knock on wood). Stick around... learn from my mistakes lol.

Last night I fed nutes and it looks like I over watered a bit in lady red. Pics will come a little later.

Here's to the humble beginnings of a new grower. Good luck brother Ched... We're all rooting for you to succeed, keep us posted and,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Ahh Jedi master... was wondering when u would swing by. Thanks broski!! Will try to keep updates coming as much as possible.

Another say of excitement in CHED'S shed. Lots more lst today keeping those babies nice and low. Due to the size of my tent I have limited space for the stretch. I'm hoping for the best, so far so good. Lots of new growth. I expect to see pistils shortly. Currently on day 28.

One thing I would like some help on is removing foliage. I have lots of new growth that is covered by fan leaves so they don't get much light and are growing slowly. I have heard just to let them yellow and fall off but I have also read to clip 2 or 3 near the bottom here and there for more light and energy. Any help would b appreciated. I just want them to get a decent size b4 flower. Currently I have just been trying to push the newer fan leaves down underneath the important growth on top but the ones under near the first nodes are barely getting light.

Generally speaking removing any foliage not receiving light is good practice to ensure top growth is maximized. I lollipopped all my plants under the netting right before flipping to flower, you can see the pictures in my grow journal. I don't know how it would affect an auto plant though, I don't see much harm as long as the plant is lush

Thanks for the advice. That's how I feel they should look. Mine are quite a bit shorter but alot more bushy near the bottom. I will take some bottom leaves off later this evening. Hopefully it will help give her a boost.

Removing older leaves is common practice, once they're hidden from light by the ensuing growth of branches they slowly die and fall off. Like kushnoj mentioned clipping the lower leaves will focus more energies to upper growth. At your stage of growth though, just remove the eldest leaves that are coming from the stalk/trunk... Looking good brother Ched,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Looks really good pennywise. Love the scog method. I'd love to try that one of these days when I have a larger tent. Right now is purely a DL grow in my appt to learn. The ultimate goal being self sufficient some day in the future but with the size tent I have I don't think that will happen lol. Looks like you got yourself a sweet set up. :thumb::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom