GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Hello dear 420 Community,

This is my FIRST grow. And I hope people will be forgiving and helping. All help is very appreciated, since I have NO ONE to ask for help and guidance.
From Canada.

I've received a present from a very good friend - A full growing system with almost all equipment and many (but all) nutes.
I've since been doing a LOT of reading about the whole growing process - From A to Z.

My Growing Cabinet
20161212_221158.jpg

Specs:

Lights:
For Veg - (x2) Sun Blaster 24W T5 Lights.
Flowering - EYE Hortilux 600W HPS

Space:
Didn't measure the Cabinet, but its approx 2 x 1.5 (in meters)

Medium:
40% Miracle Gro, 60% Coast Of Maine
I screwed that one up... And understood that MG is bad. (Although MANY say it's cool and they get good results)

Nutes:
I got from my friend an Incomplete set of nutes, and I'm not sure if I should complete the Holland series or The B.C ones. Help?

Note: I gave my first and only feeding so far at ~45% strenght because of the "Hot" Soil, at 271 PPM.

Because of MG slow release crap, I gave my first feeding only at week 3 of veg, and because all posts and articles I've read say:
"Less is more", and the biggest mistake done by first growers is burning the girls with nutes. So I took the safe route.

20161212_234143.jpg

Notes:
-I have a Humidifier since it's winter and the humidity is low. Cabinet closed pretty tight, so it runs on a low setting.

-Both germinated in 2.11, and planted in 6.11 DIRECTLY into those 2 gallon pots.
(It's a noob mistake, and I was very angry with myself for not learning about planting in the right pot size. Yeah, a noob.)

-Both girls were topped 8 days ago (04/12/16)

-I keep the temperature between 20-24 degrees. Humidity at ~40% (Not optimal. I think however that the old Thermometer I got is lying. Buying a new one tomorrow.

Dec 12th, 2016 - Week 5 of 18/6 Light Schedule
Wide_View.jpg

She's the big one, and develops the fastest.
Top_Girl_A.jpg

Girl_A.jpg

The small one.
Top_Girl_B.jpg

On_view_girl_b.jpg

Are they looking good for 5th week of Veg?

I will receive and take very seriously all feedback from this amazing community. I feel like I do have a VASTLY better understanding about the growing process, however, It is such a deep subject, with so freaking many details. I find it amazing and fascinating!

And... I will soon post the pics I took from the beggining of the grow.

Thank you all in advance,

GreenProto

It's looking good so far! You could do a Scrog or some tying to make full utilization of the space and the 600w. Other than that keep posting! I'm a newb too, on my second ever grow so I'm still learning, but I'll share any knowledge I have.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thank you, man! I would love to receive any feedback I can. And I'm already preparing to buy 2 nets for scrog. Hope all is going well at your side :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice! I'm doing my first Scrog too. My plants are almost 4 weeks old and I've had some soil trouble but I got some fox farm Ocean forest and perlite with 10 gallon smart pots coming tomorrow so I can repot them in their final pots.

You should start LST to keep them from growing any taller. Generally you want 8-12" from soil to the Scrog net and they look like they might be past that point already it will also allow you to keep the canopy even allowing lower branches to get more light which should help especially when using Fluorescent lights

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I see. I think I'll pass on the scrog this time around. I've promised myself not to overcomplicate things on my first grow. Keep it effective and simple - only to get experience.
And Please, if you dont mind, can I see your gals? And how the scrog will look like in the end. Have a blast of a week, my friend.

Little update.
The new colas are growing steady. Both recovered nicely after topping. I think both look nice and green :)
Keeping the temp between 21-25 deg. Humidity at 40%. Watered them once since feeding, doing the "Feed, water, water." rotation.

Thank you all.

420-magazine-mobile381462322.jpg

420-magazine-mobile423369527.jpg

420-magazine-mobile673668206.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2108699724.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2004599739.jpg

My last journal entry at 17.12.16. It was 15 days after both girls were topped.

At 31.12.16, after they grew too tall, I performed last-minute bending LST. And did supercropping to one of them.

The next pictures are less than a week after the bending. Some branches already pulling themselves up.

Although it turned up to be alright, this is NOT the optimal timing to perform bending LAST. It should have been done way earlier. Learning from mistakes.

One day after bending. Looks messy.

420-magazine-mobile903094801.jpg

20 days since bending. And 13 days since 12/12 switch. Looks way better.

420-magazine-mobile25596882.jpg

420-magazine-mobile796145687.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2129040308.jpg

Atfter the 12/12 switch, I started to add Carbo Bug from my Holland series. And gradually reduced the Nitrogen amount in my feedings.
Since the begging, and because the gals were very mature at this stage, they respond very well to the 12/12 switch.

Will add later early flowering pics and the latest one I took yesterday.
Note: I've posted a thread in plant and bud pics with all the pics I've said to add. Was before I've decided to update my grow journal.

Stay tuned.

What strain is that pal? She's got some seriously pretty buds. So much purple, my favourite colour! Looks like you've definitely had a few learning curve with this grow, looks like you've not done to bad of a job at all. You'll be much more prepared and eager to start the next one with everything you're learning ;)!

What strain is that pal? She's got some seriously pretty buds. So much purple, my favourite colour! Looks like you've definitely had a few learning curve with this grow, looks like you've not done to bad of a job at all. You'll be much more prepared and eager to start the next one with everything you're learning ;)!
That's Blue Dream. Don't know from which bank.

I've learned a LOT from this grow. And had my ups and downs. But in the end, I overcame all problems.

I've been told this blazing purple is a rare phenotype.

That's Blue Dream. Don't know from which bank.

I've learned a LOT from this grow. And had my ups and downs. But in the end, I overcame all problems.

I've been told this blazing purple is a rare phenotype.

Oh yeah it says it in you're Grow journal name lol. Just the colour really threw me off, I've never seen that pheno of blue dream before. So beautiful! I could stare at that all day lol.

That's it mate, I bet you did, I learned soooo much from my first grow,. Learning and over coming them problems is all part of the fun, they're surprisingly hardy plants too.

Back
Top Bottom