Virgin Grow - Soil LED Autos - Grow Journal 2016

Aotearoa

Hi 420 fam! I'm a little late starting this journal, better late than never right? My plan is to eventually top and LST my lady's as my tent is 2ftx4ftx5ft (Apollo horticulture)

So here I go:
Auto blueberry (sensible seeds) and auto Northern lights- (royal queen)

-1st Dec germinating using paper towel method

2nd dec seeds popped so I slipped into jiffy pellets

3rd Dec Northern lights root popped outta pellet (this thing grows fast!) Blueberry roots didn't show but I transplanted both anyway

They went into 19L fabric pots with terrazilla soil. In my haste (as my nutes an ph down haven't arrived yet) I watered with tap water (ph 8.1!) I think this may have stunted the blueberry as it had yellowing on its leaves

Day 6 - Couldn't wait any longer for ph down so went out and bought some.- Flushed both plants with ph 6.8. Probably won't water for at least 5 days

Day 9 - NL is growing great and the blueberry seems to have recovered from yellow leaves although it's growing a lot slower than her sister.

Day 11 - watered both today (ph 6.8) as soil was getting quite dry

Temps have been between 21°c and 24°c RH is now at 55%. Got a couple of 10cm clip on fans, one is drawing in air from a vent at the bottom of the tent. I've got a 6inch fan and carbon filter which I'll start running once they get smelly. My homemade silencer box for the fan with acoustic ducting (not bad for free, scavenged the bits from work). I'm gonna order some sound proofing foam to line the inside of the wooden box soon.

420-magazine-mobile1689715425.jpg

420-magazine-mobile768554052.jpg

A nifty feature my fan has is a external temp probe. This allows me to set the speed at which I run my fan (around 35%), until the temp in my tent gets too high and will run 100% until temp has been bought down. Once bought down it will resume the low speed setting.

Day 12
Blueberry
420-magazine-mobile1464442735.jpg

Northen light
420-magazine-mobile271493005.jpg

I'm using a galaxyhydro 300w (pulls around 130w at the wall) I'm considering upgrading to a perfect sun dwarf star as I don't think it will be enough light. Playing the waiting game for them to come back into stock.

I'll be using general organics nutrients on around week 3-4 when they decide to show up. Hope fully this week.

As this is my first grow any tips, advice, criticism and kudos is greatly appreciated. I only managed to get this far from the info gained off this forum, you guys are great!

Does your box have a way for air to get to the filter bc if not it wont suck any thru and also a hole for your fan to breath. Both are important, i think of it like a speaker box went i built my box

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

Hi 420 fam! I'm a little late starting this journal, better late than never right? My plan is to eventually top and LST my lady's as my tent is 2ftx4ftx5ft (Apollo horticulture)

So here I go:
Auto blueberry (sensible seeds) and auto Northern lights- (royal queen)

-1st Dec germinating using paper towel method

2nd dec seeds popped so I slipped into jiffy pellets

3rd Dec Northern lights root popped outta pellet (this thing grows fast!) Blueberry roots didn't show but I transplanted both anyway

They went into 19L fabric pots with terrazilla soil. In my haste (as my nutes an ph down haven't arrived yet) I watered with tap water (ph 8.1!) I think this may have stunted the blueberry as it had yellowing on its leaves

Day 6 - Couldn't wait any longer for ph down so went out and bought some.- Flushed both plants with ph 6.8. Probably won't water for at least 5 days

Day 9 - NL is growing great and the blueberry seems to have recovered from yellow leaves although it's growing a lot slower than her sister.

Day 11 - watered both today (ph 6.8) as soil was getting quite dry

Temps have been between 21°c and 24°c RH is now at 55%. Got a couple of 10cm clip on fans, one is drawing in air from a vent at the bottom of the tent. I've got a 6inch fan and carbon filter which I'll start running once they get smelly. My homemade silencer box for the fan with acoustic ducting (not bad for free, scavenged the bits from work). I'm gonna order some sound proofing foam to line the inside of the wooden box soon.

420-magazine-mobile1689715425.jpg

420-magazine-mobile768554052.jpg

A nifty feature my fan has is a external temp probe. This allows me to set the speed at which I run my fan (around 35%), until the temp in my tent gets too high and will run 100% until temp has been bought down. Once bought down it will resume the low speed setting.

Day 12
Blueberry
420-magazine-mobile1464442735.jpg

Northen light
420-magazine-mobile271493005.jpg

I'm using a galaxyhydro 300w (pulls around 130w at the wall) I'm considering upgrading to a perfect sun dwarf star as I don't think it will be enough light. Playing the waiting game for them to come back into stock.

I'll be using general organics nutrients on around week 3-4 when they decide to show up. Hope fully this week.

As this is my first grow any tips, advice, criticism and kudos is greatly appreciated. I only managed to get this far from the info gained off this forum, you guys are great!
Does look great tho and good job thinking outside the box or should i say inside the box

Does your box have a way for air to get to the filter bc if not it wont suck any thru and also a hole for your fan to breath. Both are important, i think of it like a speaker box went i built my box

Thanks for looking in :)

Yup, it's not obvious in the photo but there is a short piece of duct from the box leading inside the tent. Tried to keep it as short as possible to maximise efficiency.
In terms of letting the fan breath. I was told the fan is air cooled once turned on. Any pics of your box?

Does look great tho and good job thinking outside the box or should i say inside the box

Thanks, I'm quite happy with it, I'll take some decibel readings once I've got the sound proofing in there.

I don't use it anymore but when i did i had the end sucking air into it exposed to get fresh air. Then i cut squares on each side of the filter to let air pass and packed it with speaker cotton. It did lower sound but a controller will do the same. I prefer this set up bc its not as loud and scrubbs the entire roon
b1feac4045683a80c512ceb88166ba57.jpg
8200b779ebad31a5d17893aec471b17e.jpg

I wish I could attach the fan directly to the filter but I don't have enough space in the tent. Hopefully soon :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 13 Northern light
420-magazine-mobile1086841369.jpg

Blueberry
420-magazine-mobile564704226.jpg

In the middle of a power cut, the plants will be without light for around 4 hours. Took them outside for a while, better than no light at all I suppose.

Hopefully in a couple of days I can top the northern light.
The blueberry looks like a runt, seeing as this is my first grow I'm gonna let her run and see what I learn.

Thanks for reading! :)

Blueberry always starts slow for some reason. Give her a week or two and she will surprise you plus she can handle nutes good i would start at 1/4 strength and watch closely to give her what she wants. I always need Cal-Mag with blueberry

Blueberry always starts slow for some reason. Give her a week or two and she will surprise you plus she can handle nutes good i would start at 1/4 strength and watch closely to give her what she wants. I always need Cal-Mag with blueberry

Thanks cuzzy! I have faith in the little one. I'll start nutes in 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also google mainling cannabis and read that. Its a great method of growing it adds veg time if your doing autos i wouldnt top at all i would LST. Google that as well if you need to but either way i would wait. Patience is the hardest part of this. But if you have it you'll get this. She was topped 4 times
e73a10bd39e8afaa79858c2eca9aafe3.jpg
5d3b5dc656fc210fc73bd586c9062b1d.jpg

That blueberry will have to flower a few more weeks than the northern lights. It grows slow and thick.
Are you going to give it 24 hrs light for veg and flower?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yea blueberry always starts slow and finishes slow. I love her but patience sucks with her. I am running blue cheese and she is running forever!! Flipped October 16th so i am over breeders numbers

Hydro is the way to go with blueberry. I got my blueberry from 420 in Amsterdam. Great colour. Beefy buds. I planted one seed in soil to mother and propagated 4 clones (my ACMPR limit is 5 plants) that went to hydro. I sh!t you not the clones grew faster and produced at least 20% more bud despite being started 2 months after the mother.

Bergman is great for his exotic strains.
420-magazine-mobile1843610586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would wait til she has a couple more nodes. What kind of lights are u using and nutes?? Are you ph water to 6.0 to 7.0 during feeding?
I was reading on this forum to top after nodes 3 or 4? But I'll carry on waiting, growth is pretty fast for me.
I'm using a galaxyhydro 300w (130w at the plug)

I've not started nutes yet, they're only 2 weeks old and I was recommended to start feeding after weeks 3 or 4 with the soil I'm using.

Back
Top Bottom