10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Skullman420

This is not my first grow, but it is my first grow-journal. I am hoping this journal will allow me both to share my knowledge about growing and also to receive constructive input/feedback from more experienced growers.

This grow-room is brand new and this is the first grow since it was built. The new room is about 3 square metres and I have put in 3 lamps from Mars-Hydro. Compared to HPS these lamps will give 800 watts each. So I have a total of 2400 watts in the room.

Planted 10 seeds on December 17th - 4 different strains.

As usual, I'm trying to keep the temperature as stabile as possible to avoid stretching. With the help of a simple climate control system connected to the exhaust and intake-fans, temperature is being kept stabile between 22-24 degrees celsius. Keeping lights on 24/7 in the veg stage during winter months to keep the room hot. Also installed an electrical heater.

The biggest challenge so far has not been heat but humidity. Due to the dry winter air being sucked in from the outside into the room, humidity was only around 10%. To correct this issue I was forced to put in a humidifier. So far so good, but it is quite annoying to have to refill it with water daily. Will try to find another solution for the humidity issue. If anyone have any tips I would appreciate that very much.

Will update this journal regularly as the grow progress. Hoping all plants will come up. So far 3/10 is above ground. Questions, comments and friendly tips are always welcome.

Autopot 12 pot system, 225 litre Flexitank
Pot Size - 15 liter
Medium - 50% soil, 10% leca, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite.
Lights - 3xMars Pro II Epistar 320 (Compare to HPS/MH/HID: 2400 watts)
Nutrients - Canna
Strains - Big Bud, Amnesia, Pure power plant, Northern lights
# of Plants: 10

The first image is showing the first plant to pop out of the soil. It's a Pure power plant and this is day 3 since the seeds went into the soil. The second picture shows a bigger piece of the grow-room.

dag_3.jpg

IMG_59569.JPG

Regarding the lights from Mars Hydro - Switched from HPS to LED early 2016 when I bought a Mars Pro Epistar 160 lamp for a tent. Based on the fantastic results I had with this lamp, I invested in 3 more lamps. These lamps are simply fantastic and I get better results with them than I did with HPS. The plants look more healthy, the buds more dense and they grow faster. The best part however is how much easier it is to control the temperature.

"Mars Pro II Epistar™ 320 LED Grow Light with veg and bloom switches to control different growing modes. Compare to HPS/MH/HID: 800watt"
vv_1024x1024.jpeg

re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

UPDATE#2

Just a quick update for day 4. 8 of 10 seeds have sprouted and are now above ground. Still waiting for 1 Northern lights & 1 Amnesia to pop up from the soil. This is going very well. Temperature still stabile between 21-24 degrees & humidity is around 35%.

growroom-big-bud.jpg

Big Bud - Day 4

growroom-northern-lights.jpg

Northern Lights - Day 4

growroom01.jpg

Growroom, lights & plants

UPDATE #3
All 10 plants have surfaced now. 4 days after planting the seeds in the soil. Adjusted air in/out down to a minimum to better hold heat and humidity inside the room. Temperature is now completely stabile between 24-26 degrees celsius. Humidity 40%

Also seems the little ficus bonsai tree is happy in there :)

The distribution of strains is:

3x Northern lights
Aprox flowering time: 47 days

3x Big Bud
Aprox flowering time: 57 days

3x Pure Power Plant
Aprox flowering time: 63 days

1x Amnesia
Aprox flowering time: 65 days

Have 2 empty pots in there now. Waiting for some White Widow seeds, but uncertain whether they will be planted now or if I will save them for next round. The flowering times listed was found on Leafly.

Sitting in. Grow 'em well. Looks like quite a cast of characters there. I looked at the PPP once but never bought the seeds. :bongrip:

Will do my best MagicJim :) I have grown Amnesia, Northern lights & Big Bud before. Pure power plant is new to me as well. Seems quite interesting though.

Thanks for commenting!

Update #4

Day 5

Temperature and humidity remains stabile. Still annoyed by having to refill the humidifier daily. Thinking about drilling a hole in the tank and then connect it to a huge tank that can last at least a week. This will be something for the future. At this point I am quite happy with my grow-room. Things are working out perfect and I'm all smiley. Took some more photos. A close-up of Amnesia and some photos of some of the gear I use in the grow-room. Since it's all working so perfect I figured maybe others would like to see what I am using :)

Don't be shy folks - comments are very welcome!
day-5-amnesia.jpg

Amnesia - Day 5. Looking good

day-5-temp-humidity.jpg

Humidity and temperature remains stabile

day-5-extraction-fan.jpg

Rohrventilator Prima Klima 760m³ - 150mm extraction fan

day-5-circulation-fan.jpg

Ram 16" 400mm Wall Mounted Fan 3 Speed circulation fan

day-5-air-intake.jpg

150mm air intake fan. Taking ice cold winter air directly from the outside.

day-5-Prima_Klima_Digital_Fan_Controller_2_x_300W.jpg

Prima Klima Digital Fan Controller 2 x 300W - This one keeps the temperature very stabile. Turned it down to a minimum though to keep the heat inside the room. Will have to increase during flowering to keep the smell locked inside the room.

orca.jpg

ORCA Grow Film® (10mx1,37m) is covering the walls

A minor issue. I seem to have planted 2 northern lights seeds in the same pot. Would like to move one of them over to an empty pot, but uncertain if I should keep both in there until the roots get more established, or if I should get it done as soon as possible? They are planted very close to each other which is probably not good. Thinking their roots may start interfering with each other. Never did this mistake before.

Anyone have any opinion on how and when to deal with this? The plants are 5 days old now

day-5-northern_lights.jpg

I had a seed come up in a pot that I had transplanted a clone into. I moved it as soon as I could. It was an auto but she's still alive today.

Thanks :) I'll try to dig it out very careful tomorrow and put it in the right pot

Powerful growing room:goodjob:
UPDATE#2

Just a quick update for day 4. 8 of 10 seeds have sprouted and are now above ground. Still waiting for 1 Northern lights & 1 Amnesia to pop up from the soil. This is going very well. Temperature still stabile between 21-24 degrees & humidity is around 35%.

growroom-big-bud.jpg

Big Bud - Day 4

growroom-northern-lights.jpg

Northern Lights - Day 4

growroom01.jpg

Growroom, lights & plants

Powerful growing room:goodjob:

It sure is SmokeSara. The growing-room of my dreams. I also have a 80x80x160 tent for mother plants with a 4-pot Wilma hydrophonic system. There I use the Pro 160 lamp. It's only 400 watt, but gave me around 300g of pure buds in that tent (Even if I overdosed it and gave it nutrition burn). Superior results compared to the 400watt HPS light I used before it. I just love these lamps.

What's the biggest differences between the Pro series and the cheaper series? I see most "Mars-growers" on this forum are using reflector and Mars II series lamps. May buy one of the small cheap ones for a little cloning-tent

UPDATE #5

DAY 7

It's a week since the seeds went into the ground. Conditions in grow-room has been extremely stabile and things are progressing pretty much as expected. Decided to wait a few more days before I separate the two Northern lights that was planted in the same pot. I want to make sure the roots have developed a little bit so I don't shock the plant. They look so fragile.

Thinking about watering the plants in about 5-7 days - Dependig on how fast the water evaporate from the soil. This is the first time I grow cannabis in soil. Previously only worked with hydro. So far I don't notice any difference. In Hydro things started going really fast as soon as the roots reached the nutrient repository. Guess in soil the progress will be like an even upwards curve.

What do you think folks? Do they look ok for 7 days?

day_7_-_10.jpg

day_7_-_09.jpg

day_7_-_08.jpg

day_7_-_07.jpg

day_7_-_06.jpg

day_7_-_05.jpg

day_7_-_04.jpg

day_7_-_03.jpg

day_7_-_02.jpg

Day_7_-_01.jpg

UPDATE #6

DAY 10

Mixed 20 litre of water with 40ml of Canna Rhizotonic and distributed it evenly among the plants. That should help the roots get strong and sturdy. Before I watered, I separated the two plants that was planted in the same pot. Hoping they will both survive and that the growth will not be stunted by the shock.

Did not take photos and nothing else to report

You should stay with Mars Pro II series,it's the best light among our lights so far.:high-five:
Firstly,The creative reflector Cup design collects 100% of the light emitted from the LED chips giving you the most even and blended spectral output possible. MarsII and Reflector install lens which blocks 6-8% of the light emitted from the LED as it passes through. Mars Pro doesn't add lens so as to output the complete light as much as possible and penetrate deeper. And Mars II or Reflector series may have diodes problem,which Mars Pro II series will not have .
Secondly, unlike Mars II or Reflector series, Mars ProII has vents around the panel, so as to dissipate the heat more effectively.
Thirdly, LED Chips and drivers are upgraded. Mars Pro II is better built-up and will last longer.
It sure is SmokeSara. The growing-room of my dreams. I also have a 80x80x160 tent for mother plants with a 4-pot Wilma hydrophonic system. There I use the Pro 160 lamp. It's only 400 watt, but gave me around 300g of pure buds in that tent (Even if I overdosed it and gave it nutrition burn). Superior results compared to the 400watt HPS light I used before it. I just love these lamps.

What's the biggest differences between the Pro series and the cheaper series? I see most "Mars-growers" on this forum are using reflector and Mars II series lamps. May buy one of the small cheap ones for a little cloning-tent

You should stay with Mars Pro II series,it's the best light among our lights so far.:high-five:
Firstly,The creative reflector Cup design collects 100% of the light emitted from the LED chips giving you the most even and blended spectral output possible. MarsII and Reflector install lens which blocks 6-8% of the light emitted from the LED as it passes through. Mars Pro doesn't add lens so as to output the complete light as much as possible and penetrate deeper. And Mars II or Reflector series may have diodes problem,which Mars Pro II series will not have .
Secondly, unlike Mars II or Reflector series, Mars ProII has vents around the panel, so as to dissipate the heat more effectively.
Thirdly, LED Chips and drivers are upgraded. Mars Pro II is better built-up and will last longer.

I notice the Mars Pro II lamps run much cooler than the Mars Pro 160 lamp I have. I was really surprised when I discovered how efficient those new fans are. I am interested in the new lamp you will release soon. That looks very interesting - especially how you can combine several of those lamps and connect them together. Great idea

UPDATE #7

DAY 11

Nothing new to report, but took a photo of one of the Pure power plants to show how they are progressing. Looking quite good. Could also see the two I separated is still growing. However a little slower than their sisters

day_1216.jpg

Just a mention that I use leds too and read u should keep tent temp at 29 deg celcuis. Old style hps they suggested 28 but because leds don't radiate as much heat as hps you need to up temp. That might help with humidity.
420-magazine-mobile1940890170.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824701534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile457595305.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800H using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hmm. I always kept temps 24-26 degrees and had great results. Thanks for the input anyway :) I'll probably allow the summer-grows to reach higher temperatures. With -15 degrees outside it's hard enough to keep the temperatures this high :D

Back
Top Bottom