Not So Rookie Anymore

lootznbootz

So i debated starting another journal.
So far im 0 for 2 when it comes to finishing the journal.
(although the last 2 grows i tried to journal were successes in their own way)

Anyway....

Equipment

·Grow tent 2'7" x 2'7" x 81"
Space is pretty limited. One of my biggest problems is managing my space. Ive misjudged the stretch and weeks of veg in the past and had it come back to haunt me. So that will be something im looking to improve on this time around.

600w HID with A/C hood
My plan was to go LED for heat and space. Before i could order it tho something came up. Plants started suffering and it forced me to go in the attic... With everything else working in my tent to combat heat im in full control of the temperature. And since it aint broke...

·6" 440cfm inline fan
·6" carbon scrubber
I have these hooked up directly to each other and venting straight out the top of my tent
·6" duct booster
This is hooked up to one side of my hood pulling the heat off the bulb and out the tent.
the other side of the hood is connected to the 6" hole on the opposite side.

Currently im not using any ducting which means my light it isnt adjustable with how its set up.
This is more than likely going to change especially during flower when ill want to make damn sure all the air coming out of my tent has been scrubbed first!
but also because that booster fan can only do so much realistically
and id be able to move my light cooling it from the inline.

·4" duct booster to create and active intake.
·4 clip fans
·FFHF soil (shop was out of OF)
·advanced nutrients (hobbyist level)
·bud candy
· bloombastic

like i said im starting this journal a little late so this will be brief.

Started seeds in rapid rooters
2 regular nirvana northern lights
2 seeds from like 2 grows ago that i found.
( i believe these came from a plant that went hermie on me from outgrowing the tent. wish i had pics that bitch was bigger than me! But the buds it came from had no signs of hermie at all what so ever! I know the genetics are northern lights and whatever that super sativa freebie i had was)
Ive read that these seeds will probably be hermie as well if anyone reading can shed light thatd be awesome.

I also dropped a seed i found in some loud.
And just recently i dropped 2 more northern lights and 2 more freebies.
My plants got sick outta nowhere i panicked and dropped the seeds as backups. But now all is well and its too late so now their just to increase our female ratio.

So the original were all above ground nov 30th so that makes em about 20 days old.
420-magazine-mobile705255593.jpg

(Nov 30th)

I kept them moist in rapid rooters until i saw roots. Great white mychorizae (spell check) helped speed that process as usual.
Then i put them in their 1 gal pots and let them do their thing.

420-magazine-mobile160369495.jpg

Starting out they were under the cfls shown in the picture and a 50w led shop light. ( i have mixed feelings about that light)

And thats how they stayed until recently.

420-magazine-mobile1755359463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile741427021.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1263433914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1427010373.jpg

In this pic things were looking pretty sad.
I had a cal mag issue come up as well as a ph issue and 4 were going through something.
Thats when i switched to my usual R/O water and bumped up my nutes from 1/4 to full strength per the AN nutrient calculator. as well as full dose of
cal/mag 1tsp/gal
420-magazine-mobile579649204.jpg

I also added the MH its only on 75% sitting way above the plants. Ill move it close if i notice any stretching.
Things instantly got better!
Old growth stopped getting worse and new growth wasn't affected at all.

Also i topped the plants at the 3rd or 4th node. I did this as soon as the next node started!

Yesterday
420-magazine-mobile1786470968.jpg

Today
420-magazine-mobile825327720.jpg

Some key things to note.
Dont know if the little homeade co2 generator works but it aint hurting and not in the way so why not.
Ive been on 24/0
Not sure when but ill cut it back
20/4
18/6
16/8
14/10
12/12

Im hoping that by doing this the plants will show sex sooner than 12/12. I know theyll show it anyway but id like to see if changing the light gradually in veg theyll show me before i tie them up in a scrog and flip the switch.

I have been making it a point to practice good wet/dry cycles. Because of this im noticing i feel more in tune with the plants and whats happening in my tent.

My humidity is super low like less than 30! Ive already grown tired of fighting to keep it up when its below 0° outside. Ill reap the benefits come flower cuz lord knows i dont wanna lose another batch to mold.

But ive noticed just how much my plants drink because of this so ill be uppotting tonight to 2 gal pots
I dont think the 1 gal is as packed full of roots as id like before i transplant but with the humidity and plants drinking so much so fast dont really have a choice.

I promise to anyone reading we'll complete this journal good or bad so please have a seat and TIA for any help!

Sent from my LGLS676 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

To get your humidity up got yourself a clone down and the heating pad and you can add water to your cologne try open the vents on your dome apply heating try and it will raise you made it from 30 percent to 70% overnight

Sent from my Robin using 420

To get your humidity up got yourself a clone down and the heating pad and you can add water to your cologne try open the vents on your dome apply heating try and it will raise you made it from 30 percent to 70% overnight

Sent from my Robin using 420
Thank you. But i think im gunna leave my humidity alone especially because my plants are too big for a dome and its not causing any problems
plants drinking faster than normal but i dont mind that lol
and im afraid adding a heating pad will mess with my temps.
I just lost my last grow to mold and struggled with high temps for months. So im in no rush to change this current situation

Ok so i just uppotted the original 4 into 2 gal pots.
They were due for some water so i figured now was better time than any.
I dusted the soil with great white and watered to saturation.
The roots were looking very good and just starting to collect at the bottom of the pots.
Ive read this is when i should be uppoting to yay me for getting that right i guess

420-magazine-mobile55435033.jpg

Everything looked a little sad after i watered so ill let them get themselves comfortable before i start snapping pics.

Once they bounce back from this ill be starting supercropping on the more sativa looking ones.
If their from the same parent which im like 99.9% sure they are.
Then the stretch on these is like more than quadruple from what ive seen i pulled mine before they could go any farther.
So ill be making sure to keep these in check early on.
hopefully having crossed with the northern lights itll help somewhat...

I have a scrog net on the way but not sure if ill be using it this time around because i dont know whats female or not.
Its my understanding that you train the plant through the net through veg fill it bout halfway then flip to fill the rest.
Dont know how id be able to accomplish that considering my regular seed situation tho...

Anyway ill update with pics tomorrow

until then...

happy growing and thanks for stopping by

I know what your talking about when you misjudged the stretch. I am on my first grow and the 2nd week of flowering. I just hope they don't outgrow my space. I started some plants three weeks after the first ones and wanted to wait for week 5 from seed which put my big ones at 8 weeks. Your plants are looking great I hope all goes well for you this grow. If you get a chance take a look at my grow. Its Killian's first grow. I haven't figured out how to add a signature yet. Subbed up

I know what your talking about when you misjudged the stretch. I am on my first grow and the 2nd week of flowering. I just hope they don't outgrow my space. I started some plants three weeks after the first ones and wanted to wait for week 5 from seed which put my big ones at 8 weeks. Your plants are looking great I hope all goes well for you this grow. If you get a chance take a look at my grow. Its Killian's first grow. I haven't figured out how to add a signature yet. Subbed up
Thanks for stopping by. Take control by whatever means necessary! Maybe supercropping... If you got something stretching pull it down and kink the stem where you have it bent. Hopefully thatll slow things down until the stretch is over.

After transplanting last night i noticed that i may have given them too much water everything looked like it was drowned and dead!

But the original pot was totally dry so they did need it.

It was basically a flush.

Here are the babies literally minutes ago
420-magazine-mobile1465115124.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1741242844.jpg

Clearly loving their situation!

Here as promised :) Babies are looking good :) Due to Christmas craziness I can't promise to stop by every day. If you need me urgently, PM me and I come :)

Here as promised :) Babies are looking good :) Due to Christmas craziness I can't promise to stop by every day. If you need me urgently, PM me and I come :)
Thank you! Very glad to know youll be around

So today growth is going very strong!

BUT

Ive realized that these

420-magazine-mobile1426275948.jpg

Are about 3 weeks behind these

420-magazine-mobile1165881965.jpg

This is going to be a problem seeing as tho honestly i should be flipping these in a couple of weeks if that long!

So im going to be doing some lst and super cropping to kind of slow vertical growth and build short stocky plants.

My hope is that by the time these bounce back and take shape
The little ones catch up somewhat in time to maybe fill up a scrog?

My net is on the way but again still not sure if ill use it because of the possible males

420-magazine-mobile814528597.jpg

These 2 are the northern lights from nirvana. Again something i noticed last grow the stability it genetics. These look and are growing very much the same way they did last time.
420-magazine-mobile263175461.jpg

These 2 are the seeds i found last grow again growing very much in the same way that the parent plants did and again came from nirvana and are very consistent.
420-magazine-mobile1444093152.jpg

1 northern light from nirvana and 2 freebies still waiting on 1 more northern lights to pop.
These will be flowered when the other 4 flower regardless of size.
420-magazine-mobile1084625457.jpg

Ill post pics after theyve been tied down...

I find I don't have the time or the patience for LST. I use a harder hand and bend them and twist them to my will. :) Seriously, while they are in veg I will apply pressure and pinch the branches till they bend. By getting them all down low every thing gets real big and bushy. I will try to remember to take a pick of my c-99 that I just flipped. She is a bush. :circle-of-love::peace:

I find I don't have the time or the patience for LST. I use a harder hand and bend them and twist them to my will. :) Seriously, while they are in veg I will apply pressure and pinch the branches till they bend. By getting them all down low every thing gets real big and bushy. I will try to remember to take a pick of my c-99 that I just flipped. She is a bush. :circle-of-love::peace:
I think this is the route im going to end up taking...
How long do you veg for?

Usually i do a mixture of both i guess.
Pinching and bending the main lower stuff and lst the smaller upper stuff.

Im trying to create a little globe like bush.

I achieved this in my last grow by doing it this way
lst let it take shape then pinching it and bending it so itd harden permanently.

I was able to create a completely even individual and most importantly controllable canopy on that plant.
Ill try and find pictures of my end result because im sure i made no sense lol

Maybe you can help me get this result easier and quicker

The little one is what i am trying to achieve by lst first then supercrop to harden the shape.
I logic is
1. Id get small plants like that again if trained properly which is a must in so small of an area
2. This training will give my little ones the 21 days they need to catch up at least close to where my big ones are at now so we can flip the switch and still be manageable.

Thats my thought process anyone think this might not work?

Granted were using regular seeds but
Lets say i get 6 of 8 females some of these plats will have vegged for like 45 days! Their gunna be way to big for this tent even with training right?

Maybe i flip in a week or so and let the little ones go 12/12 from practically seed?

Ive thought about this all day and its really bothering me :(

I think this is the route im going to end up taking...
How long do you veg for?

Usually i do a mixture of both i guess.
Pinching and bending the main lower stuff and lst the smaller upper stuff.

Im trying to create a little globe like bush.

I achieved this in my last grow by doing it this way
lst let it take shape then pinching it and bending it so itd harden permanently.

I was able to create a completely even individual and most importantly controllable canopy on that plant.
Ill try and find pictures of my end result because im sure i made no sense lol

Maybe you can help me get this result easier and quicker

Here is a pic of my C-99. She vegged for about 8 weeks. She was flipped 4 days ago.

20161222_171533_resized.jpg

Here is my Carnival. She was taken from a flowering mother. She took a while to root, but she is starting to go now. She is not tied down, just bent till the branches stayed there. She is scheduled to be upsized to a 7gal pot on Sunday.

20161222_171711_resized.jpg
20161222_171717_resized.jpg

After I upsize her, she will veg for another 4-6 weeks. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom